Australia - Child sex abuse rampant in Aborigines

Autumn2004

Inactive
Reaction score
Autumn, you are so right. Stuff the do gooders, the children need to come first.
Whatever it takes.

I applaud the Government for finally doing something constructive about this sickening situation.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/08/07/asia/australia.php

A previous article in June regarding their findings and why they proposed to create these laws-

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/06/15/asia/AS-GEN-Australia-Aborigines-Child-Abuse.php

This may not be an agreed upon sentiment but honestly if its that bad Im all for the changes, anything to help save those children regardless if they feel their *rights* are being infringed upon. Someone has to look out for those children.

This is a real problem in the aboriginal communities and the government have stepped in to help the aboriginal children, I hope it works and agree that the government are trying to do what they can to prevent more abuse.

Its about time the goverment stopped throwing money at the Aboriginies and did something more to help the children.

No child should ever suffer that abuse. It is so sickening that any one could hurt a child, much less make them into an object of sexual gratification.

It is so sad that their culture has fallen into such a state that this is happening. Have they forgotten what it is to really love their children?

I am so sick and sad all at the same time. I would love to just hold these kids and let them know someone, somewhere does love them and that life isn't always so horrible.

Here I am sitting half a world away, crying for these kids and yet unable to do anything. Why can't their families and communities help them now. Today.

Our current government has done nothing for our Aboriginals- but the propaganda is working from the responses from fellow Aussies here-

The only reason the plight of Aboriginal children is in the news is because lil Johnny wants our votes- his government has ignored the problem of Aboriginal mental health for years and now there is an election coming up....you do the maths :doh:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/NATIONAL...berra-over-laws/2007/08/06/1186252587526.html

Narla!! How are you??
I am happy to know you dislike your government as much as ours ;)

I was talking to another (USA) poster about this when the first story hit the news in June and she being from native American heritage felt this was very similair to what "white" Americans did to the Native Americans.

Propoganda not fact.

Narla!! How are you??
I am happy to know you dislike your government as much as ours ;)

I was talking to another (USA) poster about this when the first story hit the news in June and she being from native American heritage felt this was very similair to what "white" Americans did to the Native Americans.

Propoganda not fact.

Am!!!
Fine thanks, hope all is well with you too-

Oh yeah- I don't discriminate LOL

Exactly.

Yes there is an election on here, and it would not surprise me that this is a scheme to get more votes, but who cares at least something getting done, it is better than nothing and if it takes an election to get the ball running to help these children then so be it.

If its for an election that is fine for me at least something is getting done to help them. Hopefully this will be a start. All countries have their big problems, the U.S. is definitely not the only one.

I feel so bad for the children too, I cant imagine what their life day to day is like. Instead of spending so much on conservation the government needs to get involved more so than just a few laws. How are these children going to function in society if they are pulled from their *normal* life? My gosh I cant imagine feeling that was normal :(

Amarann- I can see it but if its is found during investigations how can they let it just happen, they must do something to stop it. If they dont stop it they are just as guilty by looking the other way while these children are victimized.

Just before elections come false promises..along with little sweeteners with the surplus

Our current government has done nothing for our Aboriginals- but the propaganda is working from the responses from fellow Aussies here-

The only reason the plight of Aboriginal children is in the news is because lil Johnny wants our votes- his government has ignored the problem of Aboriginal mental health for years and now there is an election coming up....you do the maths :doh:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/NATIONAL...berra-over-laws/2007/08/06/1186252587526.html

I just can not stay quiet on this issue.

First..... there is only as much abuse in the tribal communities as there is in the white community. It is no different. It's also a stunt to bring in yet another stolen generation of children, with no parents or culture or identity. Secondly.... this is just another stunt to take back the tribal lands that are rich in uranium and other minerals and worth heaps of money. Thirdly.....This is the begining of welfare reform that is going to cut out cash welfare payment and basicly introduce and Americanized food voucher and ID card system of payments. They are going to wind down Centerlink as an agency and payments like Carers Allowance and disability support pension is going to become a thing of the part. If you can't work you don't live basicly.

I just can not stay quiet on this issue.

First..... there is only as much abuse in the tribal communities as there is in the white community. It is no different. It's also a stunt to bring in yet another stolen generation of children, with no parents or culture or identity. Secondly.... this is just another stunt to take back the tribal lands that are rich in uranium and other minerals and worth heaps of money. Thirdly.....This is the begining of welfare reform that is going to cut out cash welfare payment and basicly introduce and Americanized food voucher and ID card system of payments. They are going to wind down Centerlink as an agency and payments like Carers Allowance and disability support pension is going to become a thing of the part. If you can't work you don't live basicly.

You know it Angel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back