1209 users online (206 members and 1003 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MI - Nadine O'Dell, 15, Inkster, 16 Aug 1974

Nadine O'Dell
    Missing since August 16, 1974 from Inkster, Wayne County, Michigan
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 14, 1958
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 105 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Strawberry blonde hair; green eyes.
    Clothing: White t-shirt with blue faded baggy jeans.
    She was wearing her boyfriends Taylor High School ring on a chain around her neck.

Circumstances of Disappearance

O'Dell was last seen shortly after 9:30 a.m. walking down John Daly Road toward Michigan Avenue in Inkster, Michigan on August 16, 1974.

On this day, Nadine was going to baby sit at her boyfriends house. She never showed up at her destination in Taylor. Her boyfriend was on the way to meet her and arrived 20 later and did not cross paths with her.

Investigators If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Inkster Police Department 313-563-9850

Source Information:
    The Doe Network: Case File 1589DFMI

LINK:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1589dfmi.html
    Last edited by KateB; 08-17-2015 at 06:35 PM. Reason: updated photo link.

Bumping case up...

35 years have passed...

Nadine is still missing after 35 years.

Nadine has been missing 36 years today. Come home soon.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2489/0/
    NamUs profile:
    Dental: NA
    DNA: NA
    Fingerprints: NA

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/odell_nadine.html

Nadine Jean O'Dell

Vital Statistics

Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Strawberry blonde hair; green eyes.
    Clothing: White t-shirt with blue faded baggy jeans. She was wearing her boyfriends Taylor High School ring on a chain around her neck.
    DNA: Available

O'Dell was last seen shortly after 09:30, walking down John Daly Road toward Michigan Avenue in Inkster, Michigan on August 16, 1974.

On this day, Nadine was going to baby sit at her boyfriends house. She never showed up at her destination in Taylor.

Her boyfriend was on the way to meet her and arrived 20 later and did not cross paths with her.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Inkster Police Department
    313-563-9850

Agency Case Number: 05-3632

NCMEC #: 1138429

Please refer to this number when contacting this agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    The Doe Network
    NamUs

Nadine Odell

Just to Let you Know That Nadine Did Not have any Tattoos or did Not Have any teeth work done

Quote Originally Posted by Frank57 View Post
    Just to Let you Know That Nadine Did Not have any Tattoos or did Not Have any teeth work done
    Thank you for that information, it is helpful when we try to match unidentified victims with missing persons.

Do you have any additional info on Nadine's disappearance?

Tonight, I was watching an episode of Evil-I on the ID Channel that I had saved on my DVR. It was about serial killer Carl ("Coral") Eugene Watts.

Coral Watts' M.O. was to randomly attack and murder women and young girls, almost always attractive and Caucasian. Watts was African American. Most of his crimes took place in either Michigan or the Houston TX area.

Frequently, he would spot his victims walking down the street, and he would murder them without any evidence of sexual assault. Often he would murder his victims right at the spot that he encountered them, but on the Evil-I episode, they did allude to other victims whose bodies had not been found at the time of his arrest. He confessed to many of his murders, but police suspect that there were many more to which he didn't confess. He died in 2007 of prostate cancer.

When asked if he could count on his fingers the number of victims, he told the three detectives that there weren't enough fingers and toes in the room to count his victims. The implication was that he had killed more than 80 victims.

After watching the episode, I looked up his Wikipedia page.

Carl Eugene Watts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What jumped out at me from the Wiki page was that he lived in Inkster, MI and his killing spree began in 1974.

I immediately thought of Nadine O'Dell, since she was a young attractive Caucasian woman last seen walking through her hometown of Inkster MI in August 1974. This would seem to fit perfectly to Watts' M.O.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 12-05-2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Fixed bad link

Auramyst is offline One should look for what is, not for what one thinks should be ~Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Tonight, I was watching an episode of Evil-I on the ID Channel that I had saved on my DVR. It was about serial killer Carl ("Coral") Eugene Watts.

Coral Watts' M.O. was to randomly attack and murder women and young girls, almost always attractive and Caucasian. Watts was African American. Most of his crimes took place in either Michigan or the Houston TX area.

Frequently, he would spot his victims walking down the street, and he would murder them without any evidence of sexual assault. Often he would murder his victims right at the spot that he encountered them, but on the Evil-I episode, they did allude to other victims whose bodies had not been found at the time of his arrest. He confessed to many of his murders, but police suspect that there were many more to which he didn't confess. He died in 2007 of prostate cancer.

When asked if he could count on his fingers the number of victims, he told the three detectives that there weren't enough fingers and toes in the room to count his victims. The implication was that he had killed more than 80 victims.

After watching the episode, I looked up his Wikipedia page.

Carl Eugene Watts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What jumped out at me from the Wiki page was that he lived in Inkster, MI and his killing spree began in 1974.

I immediately thought of Nadine O'Dell, since she was a young attractive Caucasian woman last seen walking through her hometown of Inkster MI in August 1974. This would seem to fit perfectly to Watts' M.O.
    Great catch!

I wonder if detectives in MI have determined that this is what happened to poor Nadine. I can't imagine the anguish her family has suffered during all these years of not knowing what happened to Nadine.
    All posts are my opinion

Watts moved from Michigan to Texas in 1981. In 1982, three Texas women disappeared and six others were found murdered. Watts got 60 years in a plea bargain and as part of his deal, led investigators to where he hid the three missing women. One was a 14 year-old girl, Emily LaQua of Brookshire, TX.

So, yes, Watts killed (many) women and hid the bodies of some of them. It is possible that he also murdered Nadine, but there has never been any evidence linking him to her disappearance.

I found this interesting because Inkster, MI, is where the kennel is where we go to get some of our foster dogs. I have heard of Watts before and his murders. I wonder if he killed the girl, and if he did, where he put the body. Where did he put the bodies of his other victims? Did he bury them? They have never caught the Oakland County Child Killer either (Michigan) after all these years. That happened in the early 70's, right?

Watts' method of body disposal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    I found this interesting because Inkster, MI, is where the kennel is where we go to get some of our foster dogs. I have heard of Watts before and his murders. I wonder if he killed the girl, and if he did, where he put the body. Where did he put the bodies of his other victims? Did he bury them? They have never caught the Oakland County Child Killer either (Michigan) after all these years. That happened in the early 70's, right?
    You ask a very good question regarding how and where Watts hid three of his victims. Texas authorities would be the ones to ask about that. Since Michigan never identified him as a suspect in cases of disappearance/kidnapping, they probably never asked Texas LE about this.

It is true that the Oakland County Child Killer has never been identified or caught. There is a separate thread (a rather long one) in the Cold Case topic section of Websleuths. A number of child murders were linked to a single serial killer in the 1970's, but in those cases, all of the children's bodies were found in open areas. It was obvious that he wanted his victims to be found quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Nadine O'Dell

Vital Statistics

Clothing: White t-shirt with blue faded baggy jeans.
    She was wearing her boyfriends Taylor High School ring on a chain around her neck.

O'Dell was last seen shortly after 9:30 a.m. walking down John Daly Road toward Michigan Avenue in Inkster, Michigan on August 16, 1974.

On this day, Nadine was going to baby sit at her boyfriends house. She never showed up at her destination in Taylor. Her boyfriend was on the way to meet her and arrived 20 later and did not cross paths with her.

Investigators If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Inkster Police Department 313-563-9850

Source Information:

LINK:
    I never see coverage about this case on any of the cold case programs or ID channel, etc. This girl was only 16, I'm surprised she doesn't get more coverage. Surely after 35+ years, something has to have turned up...I'm guessing she has an UI out there...

August 16, tomorrow, it will be 40 years That Nadine Went Missing, I Still in my heart Know that this Torn family Knows What Happened to Her, Someone Just doesn't dissaperes off the face of the Earth, And tomorrow is also a Saturday,it was in 1974,~God Bless Her~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast