1395 users online (306 members and 1089 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Kim Mallon, 13, Los Angeles, 30 Sept 1973

Kim Mallon
    Missing since September 30, 1973 from Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 12, 1960
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 125 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Scars on both wrists.
    AKA: Rhonda Kay Mallon
    Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Mallon was last seen in Los Angeles, California on September 30, 1973. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    UCLA Police Department 310-825-1491

Agency Case Number: 981040191
    NCIC Number: M-131712804
    Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    CA DOJ
    The Doe Network: Case File 2173DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2173dfca.html

Any more information?

There has been no posts on this thread and there is very little information in the origional sources.

Does anyone know more about the disappearance of this little girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    There has been no posts on this thread and there is very little information in the origional sources.

Does anyone know more about the disappearance of this little girl?
    I don't know anymore about her but found this link (which offers no more details than you've posted in the link you provided):

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/det...=7649816700397

(This is the link contained within the Doe link. Continued looking for more but haven't found anything.)
    Last edited by Boyz_Mum; 03-29-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Why would someone that young have an alias?

Her full name...

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Why would someone that young have an alias?
    Just a guess on my part, but maybe Kim simply went by her nickname with her full/given name being Rhonda Kay Mallon.

The "AKA" does not stand for alias, it literally means Also Known As... Although some missing posters or wanted posters use it to mean "aliases".

Why would the case of a missing 13 year old be investigated by the UCLA campus police?

The photo posted looks more like a 6 year old...I can only assume that a more up-to-date photo wasn't available. Scars on both wrists indicates to me that she may have been (at least at some point) suicidal. If she were a runaway, and succeeded in killing herself, she may have been buried in some form of Potter's field with little or no documentation.
    Last edited by shadowangel; 03-30-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Bump

This month marks 37 years that Kim has been missing. Come home soon sweetie.

i think seh could still be alive out there. i hope no one gives up on her case.
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

"We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

Very strange, where are this child's parents rallying for her safe return?

Quote Originally Posted by Danaya View Post
    I agree! Look at Sharon Murch rallying for her daughter Michaela Garecht to be found. The mother of Anna Waters, of Jacob Wetterling, of Amy Billig? These are all mothers of kids missing in the 70s-80s. And their cases are very much alive today. why oh why isn't her family doing the same?
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

"We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

kpdx is offline Jane Doe was discovered Aug. 14, 1977 outside of Everett WA
    I did some research on ancestry last night about kim mallon, because i am going back through all my Snohomish Jane Doe possibles.

Her sister, Lori, was looking for her in 2004. Kim was adopted by her father and stepmother, William and Rosemary Mallon, who married in 1963. William was from Culver City. Although Lori seemed to think they might have moved up to Oregon, I found a divorce record for William and Rosemary from 1976.

Kim's mother's name was Georgia Lytton and she was married to William in Nevada in 1960, roughly the year Kim was born, a marriage which was annulled. Georgia later remarried Ralph Lytton. Lytton was Kim's birth surname.

re: UCLA connection, "Kim was reported missing from UCLA psy. ward after William Mallon dropped her back off. " Based on noted scars on her wrist, I would surmise she was committed after a suicide attempt.

I emailed Lori to encourage her to register her DNA, and also let her know about WS.

I would love to help Kim's sister, who is desperate to find more information, and hope she reaches out here to join our community of excellent sleuthers.
    'Nothing clears up a case so much as stating it to another person.'

Sherlock Holmes

This is Kim Mallon's NamUs page -- https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4628/0

Quote Originally Posted by kpdx View Post
    I did some research on ancestry last night about kim mallon, because i am going back through all my Snohomish Jane Doe possibles.

Her sister, Lori, was looking for her in 2004. Kim was adopted by her father and stepmother, William and Rosemary Mallon, who married in 1963. William was from Culver City. Although Lori seemed to think they might have moved up to Oregon, I found a divorce record for William and Rosemary from 1976.

Kim's mother's name was Georgia Lytton and she was married to William in Nevada in 1960, roughly the year Kim was born, a marriage which was annulled. Georgia later remarried Ralph Lytton. Lytton was Kim's birth surname.

re: UCLA connection, "Kim was reported missing from UCLA psy. ward after William Mallon dropped her back off. " Based on noted scars on her wrist, I would surmise she was committed after a suicide attempt.

I emailed Lori to encourage her to register her DNA, and also let her know about WS.

I would love to help Kim's sister, who is desperate to find more information, and hope she reaches out here to join our community of excellent sleuthers.
    kpdx PM'd me to call my attention to a 1973 Nimitz Junior High School (Huntington Park CA) yearbook in Ancestry.com, which lists a girl "Kim Louise Mallon".

Here's her photo side-by-side with the Charley Project photo of Kim when she appeared to be about 3 or 4 years old.

She looks quite different at 12-13 from what she looked like at 3-4. I overlaid the images and they match-up pretty well in terms of eye shape, proportional spacing of her facial features, and overall facial shape. I'm pretty sure that this is the same Kim Mallon.

There was also a California Birth Index entry for a "Kim L Mallon" with the correct DOB (12-Apr-60). (So her middle initial L does match the middle name Louise in the yearbook), and being in Junior High School in the 1972-73 school year would be consistent with Kim's age at that time (12-13).
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-08-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danaya View Post
    According to the SocSec Death Index, Georgia Mae Spyier-Lytton died in Henderson NV on 15-Oct-1995.

Georgia's husband (and Kim's step-father) Ralph H. Lytton died in Henderson NV on 29-Aug-1995.

The height and eyes are slightly off, but does anyone think she could be JD who jumped/fell from the Cecil Hotel in 1975? http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1419.html

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast