Is this case active?

gretchen

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm just wondering if this is an "active" case. Sure, it considered "opened," but is anything really being done to solve this murder?
Are there any new clues? How many people are assigned to the investigation? Any new developments? WHO is leading this "investigation?"
Sorry if I sound discouraged, I guess I am. I only hope that one day a new D.A. will be elected, one who really cares about dear JonBenet and very little about politics. One can hope, right?

Supposedly the DA has a man investigating the case. But there have been no reports from the Boulder papers of that person talking to any of the witnesses or asking any questions around town. In fact, not too long ago the paper reported the guy was also assigned to work on the Koby case which is an active case that has to have more priority than a 7 year old murder case. I think having the guy supposedly reviewing the JBR case is only a political move by the DA to keep the Ramseys from filing any law suits against the BPD.

Boulder is done with this case. They know they will never be able to prove in court which Ramsey caused her death. All this case is now is a waste of taxpayer money that could go to other resources to benefit the citizens of Boulder. Steve Thomas was right--unless someone confesses, this case is history.

Sounds like the good DA of Boulder and all the other officials are scurring around trying to figure out how to handle all the sexual assaults and other wrong doings that have been reported about the college there. To me Boulder is THE weirdest place I have ever been, and I've been to a LOT of places in my 53 years. Another place in Colorado that I wouldn't give you two cents for the whole darn place is Pagosa. Beautiful coutry in Colorado, but lots of strange strange people live there. HA

Shylock said:
Supposedly the DA has a man investigating the case. But there have been no reports from the Boulder papers of that person talking to any of the witnesses or asking any questions around town. In fact, not too long ago the paper reported the guy was also assigned to work on the Koby case which is an active case that has to have more priority than a 7 year old murder case. I think having the guy supposedly reviewing the JBR case is only a political move by the DA to keep the Ramseys from filing any law suits against the BPD.

Boulder is done with this case. They know they will never be able to prove in court which Ramsey caused her death. All this case is now is a waste of taxpayer money that could go to other resources to benefit the citizens of Boulder. Steve Thomas was right--unless someone confesses, this case is history.
I agree Shylock. That is the thing…SUPPOSEDLY! I have heard the same about the guy investigating the case, but nothing, IMO, has been done. And if it has, it is very little. I believe Keenan was on top of this case when she was elected, good political move, but now it has kind of fallen behind. I agree, unless someone confesses to this case…will we ever know? Maybe Boulder will get a DA who makes this their top Priority, and will not rest until justice is found for this little girl!

The only major news from this case was when they submitted the dna of the "intruder" to the FBI to be logged in the data base.I agree taking the case from the Boulder P.D. was just to stop a law suite and for political reasons only.I also agree with Steve Thomas, who solved this case long ago, a confession is the only way this homicide will be able to be brought to trail unless some new technology comes down the road giving law enforcement a new tool to find the real perp.

The only thing that is active concerning this case in Boulder is the active burying of it. To the culture of Boulder Evil is not to be discerned let alone dealt with. Their approach is to imagine their way to a perfect self image while demeaning those that deal with material reality as being less intelligent. This is a horribly shallow interpretation of eastern philosphy and religion.

"I want to know what became of the changes we waited for love to bring. Were they only the fitfull dreams of some greater awakening?"-Jackson Brown.

Boulder does not want to awaken from the childish anticipation of hippiedom. In fact it wants to establish that dream world as a physical reality. The only way to do that is to create people like Koby and Arndt who are devoted to abstract imagination and distracted from the "good old boy" white, male
European establishment that the sixties vilified.

This Leftist house of cards is unstable, and there is a conservative base in Colorado just waitng for it to crumble. Prosecution of the Ramseys could be one of the ways the conservatives move to discredit Leftism.

maketoast said:
I believe Keenan was on top of this case when she was elected, good political move, but now it has kind of fallen behind.

Yes, and why do you think Keenan has let the case fall behind? Could it be because she's seen the evidence files and the depositions, and now she too knows the Ramseys are lying. But Keenan is over a barrel ... if she admits there's nothing left to investigate, Lin Wood will be all over her like a cheap suit and suing Boulder in a heartbeat.

So Keenan only has one option ... keep the "investigation" open indefinitely ... say she's got someone reviewing the files and checking "leads." This bogus investigation can be dragged out until Keenan decides she's had enough and leaves the Boulder DA's office, and then it's somebody else's headache.

Here's Keenan's working motto: Pay lip service to a "new" investigation and hope the Ramseys eventually get tired of having Lin Wood holding a lawsuit stick over Boulder's head.

Fulton is right ... it will take a Ramsey confession to solve this case. They have NEVER told the truth of what happened that night.

Brother Moon is right ... Boulder is still holding on to the infantile hippie dream of a man-made utopia ...

"Imagine there is no evil ... the answer is blowing in the wind... so feel the vibes, and love the one you're with."

IMO

Those articles prove my point. If you think they represent any attempt at justice from the Boulder DA then you are just the pigeon the Boulder culture likes to feed it's garbage to.

gretchen said:
I'm just wondering if this is an "active" case. Sure, it considered "opened," but is anything really being done to solve this murder?
Are there any new clues? How many people are assigned to the investigation? Any new developments? WHO is leading this "investigation?"
Sorry if I sound discouraged, I guess I am. I only hope that one day a new D.A. will be elected, one who really cares about dear JonBenet and very little about politics. One can hope, right?

I do understand your worries . I hope the investigation is in full motion-- but, there is always the nagging thought that its completely stalled.

I have found in JBTPF a small thing--- I think hasn't been talked about. I hope to start a new thread on it later today since i'm not at home right now.

Thanks
Socks
Teresa

BTW- I will keep saying this until the cows come home. I've called the DA's office in Boulder and the Ramseys are still suspects. That is a fact. The nit wit swamp witch can spin it backwards all day long, but it's a fact. The Ramsey's are still being investigated.

Call for yourself.

And what ever is being reported by the "investigators" is handed over to superiors where it is filed and sealed.

Call for yourself, that's a joke. You call Boulder you get Boulder.

The investigation is probably still going on, but I doubt if it is accomplishing much. Regardless of who they look at, there are only a few pieces of evidence that could directly tie the perp to the crime. Other than this, the next best thing would be a confession to another person(s). Appointing a new D.A. won't change this fact. Its likely,IMO, that the person responsible has been looked at and interviewed by the BPD. If you look at cases that are not random abductions/murders ala Ridgway or Bundy, I would bet that in 90% of them the actual perp was contacted or interviewed by LE. As it turns out one of the main suspects had a friend who phoned in a tip to the BPD of an indirect confession the suspect had made to him.

Toth is the one who most recently said that there was lots going on with the case. Of course, he is noticeably absent right now.

IMO

Nehemiah said:
Toth is the one who most recently said that there was lots going on with the case.
I think Toth was refering the to the amount of BS coming out of the swamp. That's where Toth gets his case information, so that would be his barometer.

I think we ought to collectively pro activate the forums. We should make a citizen's arrest :behindbar to at least get them into the courtroom.

Toth's last post before he dropped WS like a hot potato was "There is alot going on right now. One heck of alot!!" A few of us, including Nehemiah, tried to press him for more info, but he high-tailed it to the Swamp after that post, never to return here. None of his posts at The Swamp indicate that he has inside knowledge of anything special going on in the case, so maybe he was just pulling our leg--or maybe he's being secretive there too. Somehow, even before his last post, I got it in my head that Toth knows that someone in particular is being investigated. I wish there were a way we could find out if someone is.

The use of the blanket may well have been to avoid forensic evidence from his clothing being deposited. He dragged her onto the blanket and use the blanket to carry and then conceal her.

I consider the strangulation to have been slow and to have involved a multititude of relaxations and re-tightenings, thats why she was clawing at her neck and apparently clawed at him too, getting some rogue dna under her nails, the same dna that he left in her panties.

Anyone who enjoyed the strangulation sure wasn't going to make it easy on her by bashing her head in first so she wouldn't feel the terror as he watched her suffer and listen to his "Your father will not come rescue you", "there is no Jesus", "there is no Heaven" and "your mother will be hurt forever".

Staging, posing? Why would the person who "set the stage" want to destroy it?

Toth said:
The use of the blanket may well have been to avoid forensic evidence from his clothing being deposited. He dragged her onto the blanket and use the blanket to carry and then conceal her.

I consider the strangulation to have been slow and to have involved a multititude of relaxations and re-tightenings, thats why she was clawing at her neck and apparently clawed at him too, getting some rogue dna under her nails, the same dna that he left in her panties.

Anyone who enjoyed the strangulation sure wasn't going to make it easy on her by bashing her head in first so she wouldn't feel the terror as he watched her suffer and listen to his "Your father will not come rescue you", "there is no Jesus", "there is no Heaven" and "your mother will be hurt forever".

Staging, posing? Why would the person who "set the stage" want to destroy it?

Your thoughts on the victim being dragged seems odd considering that it she was only six years old, no need to drag, just pick her up, now garroting also controls the vocal response so the victim can not scream ref Jack the Ripper when he cut there throat.
The relaxing and the tightening is to control, the head bashing may have been to finish the job, to be sure she would be dead. Over kill, it may have been something he felt needed to be done, but it was not necessary because of the garroting, perhaps it was the anger he felt towards her, or it was his fantasy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back