1397 users online (313 members and 1084 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MO - Amy Oberhaus, 33, St. Peters, 31 July 2007

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...4?OpenDocument

St. Peters police are trying to find a 33-year-old woman from Lincoln County who never arrived at her son's birthday party.

Amy Oberhaus was last seen by her family at the Cave Springs Bowling Alley in St. Peters on July 31. She left the bowling alley and drove to a home in Dellwood, where she visited friends.

She left the Dellwood home around 8:30 p.m. and was supposed to drive to her son's birthday party in St. Peters. She never arrived, and family and friends haven't heard from her since 9:16 p.m. that night.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292890,00.html

her sons are 11 & 13 and she is not currently married, per this foxnews article.

http://www.lincolncountyjournal.com/news/index.asp

This article says that she had MS and does not have her medications. It also includes another pic of her.

http://firstcapitolnews-today.blogspot.com/

CaseNet (http://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do) reveals several pages of entries for her, mostly restraining orders for and against her.

The only thing from this year is a traffic ticket.

It does look like there were several men in her (troubled) past.

I hope she is safe somewhere and will find her way home soon.

It is troubling she went missing on the way to her son's birthday party, but as with the woman who just committed suicide with a 12yo left at home...sometimes you never know what is really going on with people.

In the article, it states that Amy just bought a home after years of renting and was interviewed about it. Did she feel the pressure facing so many right now with the threat of losing that security she fought so hard to obtain then the added pressure of a birthday which she couldn't face...because she could not afford a present or something akin to that? We just don't know at this point.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Authorities say Amy Oberhaus visited a house in Dellwood on July 31st, and then left to attend her son's birthday party in St. Peters.
    She never made it to that party.
    According to Oberhaus' sister, the missing mom suffers from M.S. and left home without her medication.
    http://www.kmov.com/localnews/storie....1ba10337.html
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Autopsy planned to determine if body is missing woman

Authorities say that Saturday afternoon they pulled a black Jeep Commander with a female body inside from the Missouri River. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday morning to determine the cause of death and to provide an official id.

www.kmov.com
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

I'm hoping for local perspective on this one. Was this an accident where she just drove off the road, or suicide? Doesn't sound like foul play....

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I'm hoping for local perspective on this one. Was this an accident where she just drove off the road, or suicide? Doesn't sound like foul play....
    I believe she may have had a seizure and drove off the road. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    I believe she may have had a seizure and drove off the road. Just my opinion.
    Oh, that's quite possible.

I really hate it when deaths are tied to events like this little boy's birthday. Death is bad enough but for the rest of his life, his birthday will always have this attached to it.

RIP, Amy.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    Autopsy planned to determine if body is missing woman

Authorities say that Saturday afternoon they pulled a black Jeep Commander with a female body inside from the Missouri River. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday morning to determine the cause of death and to provide an official id.

www.kmov.com

Does anyone know the results of the autopsy? Was it indeed Amy Oberhaus?

Hoppy

"WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Am I understanding the news article right? Amy could have been alive when the 911 call was made but the police didn't come because the dispatcher messed up? If she ran off the road accidentally she couldn't have gotten out of the car because she couldn't walk! The dispatcher didn't know if the call about Amy was about a suicide or not so how did the calls get mixed up? Good Lord! She may have been trapped in that car until she drowned!