Texas Flower Delivery Order Leads to Million Dollar Suit, Messy Divorce

ajc2804

Reaction score
**BUSTED**

MISSOURI CITY, Texas — A Missouri City, Texas, man has filed a federal lawsuit against 1-800-FLOWERS, Inc. after they sent his wife a thank-you card for flowers he ordered for another woman.
MyFOXHouston.com reported Leroy Greer ordered a dozen red roses and teddy bear through 1-800-flowers.com for a woman while he was in the middle of divorcing his wife. However, at the time the flowers were sent, Greer and his wife were reconciled.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292891,00.html

Hehehehe!!! I SO messed up a long time ago when I worked in a cable office. The guy that cleaned our office after hours had several accounts. One was his house, one was his office (cleaning service) and he had like 2 other accounts. I never really gave it much thought when he paid the bills cause he was this super nice guy, kinda Bill Cosby'ish.
Well, one month, his wife came in to pay instead and she said she wanted to may for *advertiser censored* Elm street and *advertiser censored* Park Ave or whatever and since I knew the other addresses under his name, I asked, do you want to also pay for *advertiser censored* Broadway and *advertiser censored* Easy Street?
And she looked at me and she was MAAAAAAD!!!!!!!! And I knew something was really wrong! He was in T R O U B L E!!!!!
I felt bad for a while, but I was just trying to be helpful and he shouldn't have been messing around!!!!!!!

Hehehehe!!! I SO messed up a long time ago when I worked in a cable office. The guy that cleaned our office after hours had several accounts. One was his house, one was his office (cleaning service) and he had like 2 other accounts. I never really gave it much thought when he paid the bills cause he was this super nice guy, kinda Bill Cosby'ish.
Well, one month, his wife came in to pay instead and she said she wanted to may for *advertiser censored* Elm street and *advertiser censored* Park Ave or whatever and since I knew the other addresses under his name, I asked, do you want to also pay for *advertiser censored* Broadway and *advertiser censored* Easy Street?
And she looked at me and she was MAAAAAAD!!!!!!!! And I knew something was really wrong! He was in T R O U B L E!!!!!
I felt bad for a while, but I was just trying to be helpful and he shouldn't have been messing around!!!!!!!

Haha, not your fault.

I don't really see what they did wrong.

IMO any court is going to see that he caused his own emotional distress.
His actions are directly responsible for this.

Hee hee hee, this is how I caught my then-husband except that it was a gold bracelet, not flowers.

LOL I love this.

Teee Heee Love it/.. this is a situation of his own making. I dont think there is anyway that this will go very far. There cant be any legal grounds for a law suit based on stupidity.. besides I suspect he provided them with his mailinmg address or the address of that the credit card billing is sent to .. there is no reason the company is responsible for his divorce because they actually provided the item ordered and actually provided customer service via the thank you note..so there is no failure to fufil the contract for services.

the wifes note says it all...........
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292891,00.html

It's called karma, dumb@$$. :boohoo:

He should watch a few episodes of My Name is Earl.

LOL! What's he mad about...he ordered the roses. They were separated and already going through a divorce when he did this, so why is she so mad anyway?
I know of a professional basketball player that years ago ordered a whole house of expensive furniture for his mistress. Well the furniture delivery people delivered it to his WIFE's house because of the address info from his credit card. Hahahhahha...they didn't read the handwritten part with the girlfriends address.

Because they had reconciled when he did it, apparently.

I remember this really rich guy here in North TX. who owned the orignal estate where they used to tape Dallas -big white house with white columns. He bought his mistress a new cadillac and the dealership sent his wife a thank you card. She got a huge divorce settlement. The mansion later burned down and he started to rebuild it but ran out of money because she was still getting it all. It is still just a ginormous metal frame skeleton sitting there about 20 years later. LOL.

Because they had reconciled when he did it, apparently.

I think they had reconciled when she got the copy of the purchase but you know he was probably lying the entire time to her which is why she reacted as she did.
He was probably begging her back and swearing his undying love and loyalty while he sent those flowers to another women.

Also consider his lawyer said he was pretty much caught red-headed but that wasn't the issue at hand.

I'm trying really hard, but I'm not feeling any sympathy for this guy.

I think they had reconciled when she got the copy of the purchase but you know he was probably lying the entire time to her which is why she reacted as she did.
He was probably begging her back and swearing his undying love and loyalty while he sent those flowers to another women.
I bet this is exactly why she is mad. Some guys are just scum.

Frankly, I think the cheater has a legal leg to stand on here. Altho the initial "thank you" note was sent innocently...when the wife called and they released all of the other information to her is where the problem lies unless her name was on the credit card, too. The privacy act should prevent anyone from acquiring such information...at least to my knowledge. In our business, we would never release information to anyone other than the actual card holder.

If their divorce becomes final and then he "wins" his lawsuit against the flower company...will she be legally able to go after part of that money? I don't know, but it would pay a lot of alimony and child support.

I used to work for a mortgage company as a loan closer. I had to call a customer to get some more info for his loan application. His wife answered and she had NO idea he was buying another house. Apparently, they already had a house, she was stay at home Mom and they didn't have any plans on selling the house. She tried asking me questions but I couldn't really answer her since he was the only one on the application. She just screamed "That lying, cheating b@$tard won't get away with this! I'll have that new house before this is over" and slammed down the phone.

Needless to say, he cancelled his loan application. Not sure what happened after that but I was tempted to call back and find out. LOL

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back