Elderly Abuse in Florida

Damn! I told Mom not to tell anyone!

I am just sick about this. I am a Geriatric Care Manager in the state of Florida and this hits close to my heart. How anyone can think that these conditions are ok for our elderly and disabled is beyond me. I think this is just a picture of things to come in a country that puts so little value in children and the aged. I could just go on and on about this. When I look at these precious old men and women I think to myself what lives they must have led,what experiences they have, and all the wisdom they can share. They are just simply precious. I am angry :mad:

I am just sick about this. I am a Geriatric Care Manager in the state of Florida and this hits close to my heart. How anyone can think that these conditions are ok for our elderly and disabled is beyond me. I think this is just a picture of things to come in a country that puts so little value in children and the aged. I could just go on and on about this. When I look at these precious old men and women I think to myself what lives they must have led,what experiences they have, and all the wisdom they can share. They are just simply precious. I am angry :mad:
kudos to you- I couldnt even read the article, cause I get so upset over things like that- thanks to folks like you who DO take care of them

How very sad, these poor people who all would have contributed to their communities throughout their lives to be treated this way, my heart bleeds for them. The owner should be made accountable and charged accordingly. It looked more like a third world country living standards than an affluent country such as America.

How very sad, these poor people who all would have contributed to their communities throughout their lives to be treated this way, my heart bleeds for them. The owner should be made accountable and charged accordingly. It looked more like a third world country living standards than an affluent country such as America.
Shazza- My husband says that this women should be made to live in a sweat box. As far as third world countries go, I think they respect the elderly much more than we do here in the states.

kudos to you- I couldnt even read the article, cause I get so upset over things like that- thanks to folks like you who DO take care of them

Your very welcome. May I say that it is one of the greatest joys in life.

I'll second that. My Mum is in a nursing home and hers looks like a resort, I couldn't imagine finding out she had been subjected to those sorts of living conditions.

And I am not close to my Mum at all, in fact I do what I do for her because she is my Mum, not out of a deep love for her. :(

Shazza- My husband says that this women should be made to live in a sweat box. As far as third world countries go, I think they respect the elderly much more than we do here in the states.
We have had stories hear about the elderly in nursing homes, there was a big investigation into one about them bathing the elderly in metho, that mad me feel so sick.

My nan was in a nursing home close to me until she died last year, I visited often and she was very well looked after, and the home was very nice with devoted staff who really did care about their elderly.

I'll second that. My Mum is in a nursing home and hers looks like a resort, I couldn't imagine finding out she had been subjected to those sorts of living conditions.

And I am not close to my Mum at all, in fact I do what I do for her because she is my Mum, not out of a deep love for her. :(
Im really sorry to hear that Shelly..Im sure you have good reasons for feeling that way:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back