833 users online (132 members and 701 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD - Police Free Sex Assault Suspect By Mistake

link

Sunday August 12, 2007

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. —
    A man suspected of sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl is back on the loose after police mistakenly released him from custody.

Prince George's County police say that 27-year-old John Henri Palmont was accidentally let go Friday night. Palmont was arrested Thursday for the Aug. 3 assault in the Capitol Heights area, where he is also from.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Oh, that's really nice.

Unbelievable...not really. I sure hope LE is watching out for this girls family. What a screwup!!!

OMgosh, I bet that 9 yr old and her family are scared.

I am sure that it will not be long before Mrallgood has adds this on his site.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Manhunt underway for man accused of sexual assault

On Friday night police arrested 27-year-old John Henri Palmont Jr. of the 5200 block of Marlboro Pike. He was then taken to the Prince Georges Hospital Center to be treated for injuries. While staying in the hospital, Palmont was able to escape police custody. A manhunt is underway.

Police believe that on August 3, Palmont sexually assaulted a nine year old girl living on the same street. According to the victim, Palmont knocked on her door at around 1:30 in the afternoon. He asked her if he could use her telephone and she let him in. Once he was in the residence, the victim says he displayed a handgun and sexually assaulted her.

http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/s...c-06c770fbe853

Anyone with information on Palmont’s whereabouts is asked to call the Prince Georges County Police Department’s Sexual Assault Unit at 301-772-4908.

Here is another that was released in Maryland.
    Murder Suspect Surrenders After Mistaken Release

James Burton was serving a drug sentence and had been ordered held without bail for trial on the murder charge, but a Division of Correction spokeswoman says a detainer for the murder charge wasn't in the division's computer system. Burton's mistaken release from the Metropolitan Transition Center in Baltimore was apparently the
    result of completing the drug sentence.

This is the headline today from Fox news about John Henri Palmont;
    Rape Suspect Mistakenly Freed by Cops Surrenders

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. - A man who was accidentally released from police custody after being charged with sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl has turned himself in.

John Henri Palmont turned himself in to the Prince George's County jail at about 2 this afternoon. The 27-year-old arrived at the jail with his lawyer.

Palmont is charged with sexually assaulting a girl who lived in his Capitol Heights neighborhood after he knocked on her door and was let in to use the phone. He was arrested August 3.

He was in a secure ward of the Prince George's County Hospital Friday night, being treated for breaking his arm and cracking two ribs when he jumped out of a window during his arrest.

He left the hospital when a corrections officer walked into the wrong room and handed him release papers Friday night.
    http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/s...9-6bf7c059b0e4

Oh Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    UPPER MARLBORO, Md. - A man who was accidentally released from police custody after being charged with sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl has turned himself in.

John Henri Palmont turned himself in to the Prince George's County jail at about 2 this afternoon. The 27-year-old arrived at the jail with his lawyer.

Palmont is charged with sexually assaulting a girl who lived in his Capitol Heights neighborhood after he knocked on her door and was let in to use the phone. He was arrested August 3.

He was in a secure ward of the Prince George's County Hospital Friday night, being treated for breaking his arm and cracking two ribs when he jumped out of a window during his arrest.

He left the hospital when a corrections officer walked into the wrong room and handed him release papers Friday night.
    http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/s...9-6bf7c059b0e4
    Dear Sherri79,

I want to thank-you for the link.
    As a former Corrections Officer, I can tell you that in the decade plus years that I was on the job, this never happened to me or any of my co-workers in the state. This is not the first or second mistaken release that Maryland has done.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows