Foul-Mouthed Cockatoo Forces Indiana Workers to Avoid Bad Language

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link

ALBION, Ind. — A foul-mouthed cockatoo has workers at an animal sanctuary on notice to watch what they say.
Staffers at Black Pine Animal Park say Peaches, an 8-year-old Moluccan cockatoo, spent the first several years of her life as a house pet, where she picked up a vocabulary that can be as colorful as her feathers.
That was on display recently when a volunteer construction worker pouring concrete outside a chimpanzee enclosure yelled out began cussing after the chimp threw some feces at him, said Jessica Price, senior zookeeper at the sanctuary about 30 miles north of Fort Wayne.
The commotion caught the attention of Peaches in a nearby cage.

"She started laughing and carrying on," Price said.
Peaches then strayed from her normal vocabulary of "Hi, Peaches" and "Hi, pretty girl," reverting to a few of her old favorites.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Oh...what a funny story! I'd love to have a talking bird.
Thanks DS...I needed a giggle!

Oh...what a funny story! I'd love to have a talking bird.
Thanks DS...I needed a giggle!
Oh my dear sweet Sadiemae,:blowkiss:
I had a friend give me a cockatoo named Lady :)laugh: what a laugh that name was an so very far from from the correct name ) a few years ago.
I just had to have one. I already had an African Grey named Tuki and a Parakeet named Bobby. Well she said every inappropriate name there is and my dear Tuki refered to me in discriptions that even the inmates that I was overseeing never called me. I am grateful that Bobby could not speak. He would have greeted me with some very nasty names thinking that I would be all happy about it. Tuki called me some very harsh names (truly not her fault, I am sure that she thought that I would love the new found names.)
Anyway, her feces smelled like I had a Teradactyl holed up in my home.
The stench was horrible even though her cage was cleaned daily.
She made the sound of a tractor trailer truck horn that would make you deaf.

The worst thing that happened....Tuki and Bobby died days apart because Lady infected them. After that, I called her every name but Lady. Please understand that I am a nice person, but I was grieving for Bobby and Tuki. She apparently was checked by a vet before I got her. (the same way that Bobby was, I had already had Tuki at the time) Well when I took Lady to the vet before I gave her to a friend, it was found that she was a disease carrier.

I was going to get a Cockatiel a short time ago (Tuki and Bobby passed away a few years ago) and I sought advise from WindChime. She is so good with birds. Anyway, our dear friend JellyBean here on WS has an African Grey named Juliet and she reminds me of Tuki. I am honored when Jelly shows photos and videos here.

Links on this site;

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41187&highlight=jellybean

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46949&highlight=jellybean

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

We had a cocky that could swear like a trooper(not sure where he learnt it from:angel: ).....we had to cover his cage when we had visitors that didnt like his colourful language:p
Ours was an Australia sulphur creasted cockatoo.
ani_cockatoo_gallery__370x386.jpg

We had a cocky that could swear like a trooper(not sure where he learnt it from:angel: ).....we had to cover his cage when we had visitors that didnt like his colourful language:p
Ours was an Australia sulphur creasted cockatoo.
ani_cockatoo_gallery__370x386.jpg

My dear Dingo, :blowkiss:
That is what Lady is. She also loved to chew on clay bought at the pet store when she was not calling me names.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

My SIL and BIL used to argue constantly.They had a Mynah bird.Not only did he swear like a sailor~you knew who taught him the words by the tone of his voice! He would mimic him and her!!

My dear Dingo, :blowkiss:
That is what Lady is. She also loved to chew on clay bought at the pet store when she was not calling me names.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows
Ours liked to chew on fingers:p

I have a African Grey named Skittles....he is 12 yrs old.
He is totally the life of the party / or should I say he has parties on his own.

Several yrs ago hubby & I went to Fl on vacation my son & his buddy stayed here with the bird. I warned them don't swear around the bird.

Well a few days after we returned home the bird cut loose / we swore like a sailor in my son, buddies voice. Wanna ----? I could go on & on......I was shocked. I told the boy off when he called. But the damage was done.

I would cover his cage everytime he started swearing & it broke the habit. Or so I thought until tonight we had guests over & he started in. Luckily they were not offended & about died laughing over it. But the birds don't forget, anything they're taught.

Skittles also likes taking a healthy bite out of your finger.

I just think it would be absolutely hysterical to have a pet that really talked! One of my good friends had a bird, don't know what kind, but it would always cuss at her cat, and tell her Cocker spaniel how stupid it was. Her bird got a virus and died. I can still rmember him saying "mama, mama I love you, kiss me!", or he would give a cat call whistle, followed with "foxy lady" in a deep male sounding voice. He like to drink wine too.

Our Cocky was partial to Bundy rum:p ..he loved the stuff.....these birds can live for up to 100 years so they make a good pet if you are in for the long haul.......its just a matter of who they to passed down to:)

I have my weight control Myna in my kitchen. Every time I open the fridge she does exactly what she has been taught. " She will say very loudly and obnoxioulsy " Hey fat *ss are you sure you really need to eat that?" Bad I know but it does work. *ss is her only swear word and she can repeat my comedy routines verbatim. She is also partial to music and loves to sing. Badly but she sings.. She is a Carrie Underwood fan. She will also repeat conversations verbatim. She is currently 14 years and going.. We also have a pot belly pig that is 12 that she has agitated for years.

I just think it would be absolutely hysterical to have a pet that really talked! One of my good friends had a bird, don't know what kind, but it would always cuss at her cat, and tell her Cocker spaniel how stupid it was. Her bird got a virus and died. I can still rmember him saying "mama, mama I love you, kiss me!", or he would give a cat call whistle, followed with "foxy lady" in a deep male sounding voice. He like to drink wine too.

Mine says: Here, kitty kitty kit---ty
When hubby comes home from work.....he wears a hard hat at work: Bird says, damn your ugly!!! haha

My SIL and BIL used to argue constantly.They had a Mynah bird.Not only did he swear like a sailor~you knew who taught him the words by the tone of his voice! He would mimic him and her!!

My parents used to buy finches from an old couple wtih a mynah named Midnight. My mother loved midnight and would talk to him when they visited. One time my dad showed up without my mom and started freaking out when he heard my mothers voice coming from the other room. Of course, it was just midnight.

I've always wanted a mynah because of that story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back