Former Member
Reaction score
China Enacting a High-Tech Plan to Track People
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/12/business/worldbusiness/12security.html

(Now, THIS is invasive.)
By KEITH BRADSHER
Published: August 12, 2007
SHENZHEN, China, Aug. 9

Starting this month in a port neighborhood and then spreading across Shenzhen, a city of 12.4 million people, residency cards fitted with powerful computer chips programmed by the same company will be issued to most citizens.

Data on the chip will include not just the citizen’s name and address but also work history, educational background, religion, ethnicity, police record, medical insurance status and landlord’s phone number. Even personal reproductive history will be included, for enforcement of China’s controversial “one child” policy. Plans are being studied to add credit histories, subway travel payments and small purchases charged to the card.

and

“If they do not get the permanent card, they cannot live here, they cannot get government benefits, and that is a way for the government to control the population in the future,” said Michael Lin, the vice president for investor relations at China Public Security Technology, the company providing the technology.

Incorporated in Florida, China Public Security has raised much of the money to develop its technology from two investment funds in Plano, Tex., Pinnacle Fund and Pinnacle China Fund. Three investment banks — Roth Capital Partners in Newport Beach, Calif.; Oppenheimer & Company in New York; and First Asia Finance Group of Hong Kong — helped raise the money.

and

Western security experts have suspected for several years that Chinese security agencies could track individuals based on the location of their cellphones, and the Shenzhen police tracking system confirms this.

The preachers who teach prophecy will really be talking about this since the people can't do things without this chip. I couldn't help but notice one of the investment firms involved is in Plano, Texas. Wonder how they are involved and why.

I being a christian just see this as the end times coming, some alzheimers patients locally have a chip for tracking purposes it was in a few of our local papers.

The preachers who teach prophecy will really be talking about this since the people can't do things without this chip. I couldn't help but notice one of the investment firms involved is in Plano, Texas. Wonder how they are involved and why.

Isn't that true! This is just totally creepy - straight out of a sci fi movie!

It's interesting how many major US companies are involved in helping China do this. I'm not usually a "the end is near!!!" type of person, but it's clear that this method of tracking is already in place for any country that wants to use it.

P.S. I'd be in SO much trouble if I lived in China. I can't even keep track of my library card most of the time!

It is scary. I do believe what the Bible says about the end times. It does give us warnings, not to say that this "card" in China is the "mark" if you will, but it's opening the door for it.. Yup, I think we are certainly heading for a one world ruler and it will be his way or no way and you will certainly pay the price..

It is scary. I do believe what the Bible says about the end times. It does give us warnings, not to say that this "card" in China is the "mark" if you will, but it's opening the door for it.. Yup, I think we are certainly heading for a one world ruler and it will be his way or no way and you will certainly pay the price..

Yes, all (or most) who won't take it will be beheaded.

I dont believe its the mark per say but its leading to that, technically arent christians according to the bible supposed to be up in heaven since the lord has come back before the dark mark happens?

I see this as our politicians answer on how to control illegal immigration in this country. As soon as they sell the idea of how it benefits the legal residents, in much the same way as terrorism has been used by the government for every excuse in the book to invade our privacy the people here will willingly let it happen imo.

I dont believe its the mark per say but its leading to that, technically arent christians according to the bible supposed to be up in heaven since the lord has come back before the dark mark happens?

Not sure about that for the Bible does say that no one knows the day or hour of Christ's return. But it does give us signs to look for.. The Bible also says when it comes to the mark of the beast, that if it were possbible even the elect will be deceived.. So, this tells me that God has something planned for His believers so we won't be deceived. hum. For now, I'll let God handle all this since I can't.. hehe We live in a :crazy: world.. crazy I tell ya.. :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back