1525 users online (244 members and 1281 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Is this person one and the same?

Attachment 38369 Attachment 38370 Attachment 38373
    Watch this video transformation, click this link.
    http://crimeshadows.com/images/jondoe.swf

The younger person is a man named Stephen Craig Campbell. Campbell is wanted for attempted first degree murder and possession and manufacture of a destructive device. Has been spotted In Virgin Islands. Maybe using an alias and possible in the Houston/New Orleans area. A Federal Warrant was issued on April 25, 1983, in Wyoming, charging him with manufacture and possession of a bomb.

So why could these two characters share the same body?

Stephen Campbell used different identities. John Doe assumed another person's identity. John Doe obviously had something to hide. Campbell is wanted by the ATF. Evidence shows that John Doe was once in California. Campbell was born in California. To make it easier to hide from authorities, Campbell created another life with which he could move into easily.John Doe worked as an electrical engineer. Stephen Campbell worked as an electrical engineer. Using his stolen identity's birthday would put Doe around 65 years old in the year of his death, 2002. In 2002, Stephen Campbell, using his actual birthday, would turn 54. Browse through pictures of 54 year old criminals, many look much older than Doe does in the photo above. In 2002, John Doe's body was discovered on July 30, just a few days after Campbell's own birthday.

For whatever it is worth, read the following:

John Doe was possibly married to a Cuban woman. The Virgin Islands, where Campbell was reported sighted, are in close proximity to Cuba.
    Only 308 miles lie between Cheyenne, WY and Rapid City, SD.

It also may be worth noting that some have even brought up the possibility that he may also be the Zodiac Killer.
    Campbell is 6'2" with brown eyes and John doe is around 5'7" with grey eyes. They do have a similar look , although I think it mostly has to do with the glasses.

http://www.atf.gov/content/stephen-craig-campbell
    Last edited by Sigh Sister; 10-28-2013 at 04:57 AM. Reason: added link

Has Calvin Fulmer (a Colorado escaped convict) ever been looked at as being this individual? Even though he would be somewhat under the age estimate, I see a resemblance --

He escaped from prison in July 20, 1974. At the time, he was 5'10" tall, 134 lbs, with brown hair and hazel eyes. His birthday is April 27, 1949. He had been convicted of murder and burglary.

http://amwfans.com/thread/839/calvin...-colorado-1974

http://www.doc.state.co.us/list-escapees

I have long wondered if this Doe and the other one who used the alias Frysinger - among others - could be Frank Morris or one of the Anglin brothers. Especially in light of the fact that one of them had obliterated all of his finger prints.
    There is no statute of limitation on murder.

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justi...rshal_inv.html

Elliott and his office have resurrected the case of a man who appeared to be a paradox: a simpleton with a brilliant mind who lived as a pauper but had a modest bank account. All of it was built on a foundation of fiction.

"This is like chasing a ghost,'' Elliott said. "He lived the perfect life of someone on the run. He had no friends. He never got in trouble. He just lived so very quietly. He knew exactly what he was doing''...

Elliott has spent six months examining the case, following up on a detailed investigation by Eastlake police detectives. He has looked into links involving handfuls of fugitives from New Hampshire to California. He has examined long shots, such as the Zodiac Killer, who terrified San Francisco in the 1960s and 1970s, and inmates who escaped from Alcatraz. He hasn't ruled out the Eastlake man in those cases, but he has in others, including fugitives in Oklahoma and Ohio.

Take a look at the ears of John Anglin and Joseph Newton Chandler III.

I also see some similarities in the eyes and shape of the jaw; and the glasses and nose line up surprisingly well in the two shots. Look at the way that you can see the nostrils in both men, although they do seem narrower in the older man, perhaps due to puffiness.

This case is close to home. Was a bummer when he turned out not to be Mr. Dial. The odd thing is he really looks like the men on one branch of my family, and there's one who I can't find any trace of. Unfortunately this man would have had to be 100 at death to be that family member.

Anglin appears to have a squared skull, and his mouth seems too narrow. He also has more of flared nostrils. But other than that, the proportions all seem good, especially the ear shape!

I find it satisfying to theorize he's DB Cooper or the Zodiac.
    ~~~~~~~Where is Eetu Vainonen? Where is Beverly Potts? Who were the Cleveland Torso Victims? Who is Strongsville Jane Doe?~~~~~~~

Thanks - I agree with you that I like the Cooper/Zodiac theories and I wouldn't discount them entirely.

It's also very clear that he does not look much like John Anglin; but then I can't imagine that he looks much like his younger self, either. He has that 'old guy' look about him in a big way; his nose is quite puffy, which could hide or change the shape of his nostrils, and he is quite jowly, which hides how square his jaw could be.

The age regression also shows him with an apparently narrower mouth, but I think this "wider" mouth could be a combination of a visual effect caused by his jowls and a slightly different facial expression and/or angle. In both men, the proportions of the eyes/nose/head are similar and yet the corners of the mouth are closely aligned to the pupils in both.

I'm not saying it is him but I'd like to see some proper image analysis.

What I do know is that Anglin's family has refused to give DNA, either because they like to think he made it, or because they know that he did.

I do think he's a good match, don't get me wrong. But there has got to be a legal way around the bush to collect dna from them, with a subpoena or something. They're on the most wanted list. If they wanted to find out if he made it then they should just cooperate, unless they know he did because the postcards and flowers. If those were an indication of it and they stopped receiving them, he or they probably died and there shouldn't be any harm in collecting it.

Whatever he did or wherever he came from, he was really hiding it. No drinking, not wanting to blab. Maybe I missed it, did they do isotope testing?
    ~~~~~~~Where is Eetu Vainonen? Where is Beverly Potts? Who were the Cleveland Torso Victims? Who is Strongsville Jane Doe?~~~~~~~

http://www.drc.ohio.gov/web/wanted.htm

I just found this list of some longstanding Ohio fugitives... do any of these stand out?

Immediately; nearly spot on imo!

Quote Originally Posted by ice190 View Post
    Immediately; nearly spot on imo!
    Go on... Which one? Of course these may have been the first place the authorities looked and thus rule outs by default.

That's odd, I thought the last post was about Raymond Wilson. He looks like a match. Shirley Campbell, Frank Freshwater, Ralph Hill as well all look similar. If he were an escapee, I don't think finger prints would matter in the 60s or even 70s, they'd probably need to know exactly who they wanted to compare, right?

I did suggest Raymond Wilson but then didn't want to flip-flop between suggestions... the post was up for 2 minutes I think!

Not really seeing it on Ralph Hill, except possibly around the nose, and I'm not sure that Frank Freshwater (great name, by the way!) really resembles the Doe, but I do see a resemblance with Shirley Campbell. I think he looks quite old in his mugshot. He may actually be as young as 21 there; he was convicted of murder in 1958. Ironically, the guy named Shirley murdered a girl named Sylvester.

Quote Originally Posted by The Afro American
    After seven hours of deliberation, a jury last week convicted Shirley Campbell for the Jan. 17 first degree murder of a hospital student nurse. He was sentence [sic] to life at Ohio Penitentiary at Columbus.

A jury of nine women and three men recommended mercy for the 21 year old white orderly, convicted of slaying Miss Sylvester Andy, 20, a freshman nursing student from Piqua.

Miss And was hurled from the hospital roof when she spurned the orderly's advances, the prosecutor said."
    That quote is actually from a newspaper called the "Afro American" so the victim may have been African American.

Shirley Campbell is actually two months younger than the real Joseph Newton Chandler III. The timeline would also match up well for the identity apparently stemming from the 1970s.
    Last edited by Cymro; 03-06-2015 at 09:20 PM.

The thing that gives me pause about this UID being incarcerated in Ohio is that, if he escaped from prison in a particular state, I would guess that he would relocate to an area where no one would recognize him. I think, that far back, the communication between jurisdictions wasn't the way it is now and, if he was able to cross state lines, so long as there wasn't much publicity, there is a chance (especially with a new ID) no one would put together that he was wanted in another state.

That's true. But he has been linked to South Dakota, California, and possibly Texas, including Ohio that is quite a circuitous route. He may have worked with or around the navy. He also had "expensive camera lenses," which I find intriguing.

So it's still probably possible that he escaped Ohio and lived out of state for a number of years. Especially if he was one of the men who escaped in the 50s. Also depending on the location in the state, Chillicothe is a ways from Cleveland and Eastlake.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast