1123 users online (221 members and 902 guests)  

Websleuths News

Guatemala - Officials rescue 46 children at alleged illegal adoption agency

http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/s...8QVRPUO0.shtml
    GUATEMALA CITY - Authorities searched an adoption home run by a Florida man and his Guatemalan wife and rescued 46 children they believe may have been stolen or coerced from their parents, police said Sunday.

My first thought is that they are adopting these poor children out to perverts, but I really hope I'm wrong.

Probably not to perverts because there are plenty of desperate, under-informed, big-hearted American prospective parents who want to adopt. Guatemala is KNOWN to be shady with their adoptions and has been under scrutiny for years with their practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ang50 View Post
    Probably not to perverts because there are plenty of desperate, under-informed, big-hearted American prospective parents who want to adopt. Guatemala is KNOWN to be shady with their adoptions and has been under scrutiny for years with their practices.
    This is so true Ang50. I have several friends who have adopted from various countries. There is some shady shady stuff that goes on in certain areas that has little to do with sexually abusing children and everything to do with making a quick buck.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    This is so true Ang50. I have several friends who have adopted from various countries. There is some shady shady stuff that goes on in certain areas that has little to do with sexually abusing children and everything to do with making a quick buck.
    It tends to be the middle man - like this situation - who takes advantage of very desperately poor women who often have to give up a child in order to feed the other kids. There's arguments on both sides... it's an interesting international problem.

Its all about money....People desperate for children when they cant have any of their own tend to spend thousands for children making people like these two arrested very rich.