She's Behind You

That's a weird story. How do you lose track of each other when you are 21 yrs old? I think it's strange the mom didn't recognize her former husband if they were in the same area that day!

Oh well. I'm glad it ended well.

That's a weird story. How do you lose track of each other when you are 21 yrs old? I think it's strange the mom didn't recognize her former husband if they were in the same area that day!

Oh well. I'm glad it ended well.

People move around a lot these days. I have a half-sister I haven't seen since 1972. I spoke to her in the late 80s, but she was about to be married and move out of town. I don't even know what her name is now.

The father in the story seems a lot more loving than mine, but my father has no idea where my half-sister is.

After I posted my comment, I felt like deleting it, Nova. Sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut. Just because I don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't happen!

After I posted my comment, I felt like deleting it, Nova. Sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut. Just because I don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't happen!

There was nothing offensive about your question, Taxi! I certainly didn't take it as anything but a sincere question.

I can remember when my family was really close-knit and the idea of losing track of your daughter or sister would have been incomprehensible. But a lot of river has washed over the dam since those days. ;)

And that certainly isn't your fault.

(In my own defense, I want to add that the sister I've lost is one I only saw a handful of times when we were kids. My closest blood relative is another sister with whom I grew up and I can't imagine us not being close.)

Don't do that, Taxi! I'm a fan of your big mouth! :D

You tell her, SCM! It has come up on quite a few threads in the past couple of days that sometimes the things we discuss are very emotionally charged to others.

This is inevitable.

Taximom didn't do anything here but ask a question about something she found surprising. The fact that some of us may have painful associations with losing family members really shouldn't be her problem.

I think the story is rather heartwarming. It is funny how the world works, and it seems that it was meant to be that the daughter and Father find each other after all of these years.

TM, I've had days where I've felt like that. Please, just continue to be yourself.

Awww, that's a cute story.

Several of my children are adopted. My 17 year old has at least 5 biologic half-siblings, and while we used to keep in touch with them yearly, we have no idea where any currently. Her oldest half-sister moved to Oklahoma and got married, and we don't know anything about her. It's very sad.

Awww, that's a cute story.

Several of my children are adopted. My 17 year old has at least 5 biologic half-siblings, and while we used to keep in touch with them yearly, we have no idea where any currently. Her oldest half-sister moved to Oklahoma and got married, and we don't know anything about her. It's very sad.
Hey, I am in Oklahoma! We should find her. : ) Uhm...isn't that what we do around here?! LOL :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back