Lucky Escape From Crocs Nest.

Maybe I shouldn't be finding humor in this-but I LOVE the message he inscribed.

Maybe I shouldn't be finding humor in this-but I LOVE the message he inscribed.
He was interviewed on our local news, he was quite a character, I too found his message amusing.

I don't quite understand the last couple of words in the message after " can pass a"... does it say "footy twenty"?
What is that?

Susan

I don't quite understand the last couple of words in the message after " can pass a"... does it say "footy twenty"?
What is that?

Susan

I don't speak the language (haha!) but I think what he is saying is that helicopters are flying so closely by him every day that he could pass a "footy" to the pilots of the copters--the blind pricks who don't see him, when he is so close!

Don't have a CLUE what a "footy" is.

What a sense of humor he has! Hilarious. Scary to be trapped by the crocs. I think I would given up long before he did though.

I don't speak the language (haha!) but I think what he is saying is that helicopters are flying so closely by him every day that he could pass a "footy" to the pilots of the copters--the blind pricks who don't see him, when he is so close!

Don't have a CLUE what a "footy" is.
Football:p .....like your gridiron ones.

What a sense of humor he has! Hilarious. Scary to be trapped by the crocs. I think I would given up long before he did though.
He Should have done a Mick Dundee on them:p

That's an incredible story--can't believe he managed to stay up there seven days--but I know those crocs in the Northern Territories are some of the most vicious in the world so I can understand the fear--good survival story--Maybe Discovery Channel will do a "I Shouldn't Be Alive" episode based on this

Just one more reason not to visit:D

The only reason I've never visited is that there is so much I want to see in Australia, I couldn't figure out how to plan the trip.

Once youre here Nova the rest is easy........our domestic flights are very cheap..I think you would love Melbourne as its a bit classier than Sydney(looking over my shoulder hoping my NSW mates arent reading this:) ).....Sydney and Melbourne are only an hour apart by plane....if you wanted to do the outback where all the snakes and crocs are you might need more time.......I dont see you as a croc and snake type person though:)

Once youre here Nova the rest is easy........our domestic flights are very cheap..I think you would love Melbourne as its a bit classier than Sydney(looking over my shoulder hoping my NSW mates arent reading this:) ).....Sydney and Melbourne are only an hour apart by plane....if you wanted to do the outback where all the snakes and crocs are you might need more time.......I dont see you as a croc and snake type person though:)

You're right. I grew up near the Florida Everglades, where the crocs are smaller and the snakes less deadly, but I've still seen enough of both for a lifetime.

My theatrical friends actually live in Melbourne. I'll probably wait to visit until they get home from Brisbane.

Do you live near Melbourne? The friend I was talking about (Kate Cherry) used to be Associate Artistic Director at the Melbourne Theatre Company. She still directs there quite often.

My daughter lives in the heart of Melbourne Nova and she loves it.....Casey loves art but I not sure that she is into theatre........Im in NSW and about a two hour drive north of Sydney.

Im watching you Dingo, but hey I think the whole of Australia is beautiful, I have been to Melbourne and it is a beautiful city, but I love the outskirts, near enough to the big cities, beaches etc, but far enough away from the hustle and bustle, where we live now, we have the pleasure of the peace and quiet and close enough to visit the larger cities.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back