GUILTY CA - Sev'n Molina, 6, hacked to death with cleaver, 12 Aug 2007

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
A 6-year-old boy was fatally beaten with a cleaver in Thousand Oaks, and his mother is in critical condition. A suspect is in custody.

Witnesses tell of fatal cleaver attack on boy, 6

Sev'n Molina, age 6, was hacked to death with a meat cleaver Sunday night, as his mother fought to save his life, terrified neighbors called 911 and the bravest among them tried to intervene in the grisly struggle.

Sandra Ruiz, 33, tried to save her son, but Sharp allegedly turned the cleaver on her, cutting the woman repeatedly and nearly severing one of her hands.

At that point, an older woman who also lived in the complex ran outside and tackled the assailant, knocking the bloody weapon away and getting cut in the face.

As they struggled, another man ran out to help, and the two pinned Sharp down until police arrived and subdued him with a Taser gun.

Figures he attacks with a cleaver and his name is Sharp.

That's just awful! How horrible for everyone involved.

What was going on in the killer's head? That's just so far out of the realm of "normal" behavior, I just don't get it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Websleuths needs a weeping icon.

A year or two ago, a man here in Atlanta killed a boy with a machete in a similar random bout of extreme violence. It turned out the man was deeply mentallu disturbed. I would not be surprised if the same is true in this situation.

That poor child! Bless all the neighbors who tried to help. My heart goes out the them and to the mother.

From December 2012:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/06/calvin-sharp-sentenced_n_2251904.html

Calvin Sharp, an ex-taxicab driver who brutally murdered a 6-year-old boy with a meat cleaver, has been sentenced in California to life in prison without the possibility of parole...

In late 2009, Sharp entered a plea of guilty by reason of insanity to first-degree murder, two counts of attempted murder and two special circumstances.

In November, DeNoce ruled Sharp was sane when he committed the crimes. In a 33-page ruling, DeNoce said failed to show that schizophrenia had rendered him incapable of "knowing and understanding" his crimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back