883 users online (162 members and 721 guests)  

Websleuths News

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

WA - Former teacher charged in kidnapping of 10yo boy

Former teacher charged in kidnapping of 10-year-old boy

A woman who worked for a Tacoma school has been charged with kidnapping in a case involving a 10-year-old boy.

Tacoma police said Monday that the boy was the woman's former student at McKinley Elementary School.

Jennifer Leigh Rice, 31, was charged Monday afternoon on one count of kidnapping in first degree with sexual motivation. Deputy prosecutor Mary Robnett said additional charges may be filed as the investigation continues.

Tacoma School District spokeswoman Leanna Albrecht said that the woman was hired as a classroom teacher Oct. 8, 2006.

She worked at McKinley Elementary School until April 20 when she was placed on paid leave while district administrators investigated complaints that Rice was socializing with students outside class, Albrecht said.

if she uses the same old story that she loves him and he loves her i think i will vomit!

When are they going to lock up these teachers and throw away the key? I hope she will be classified as a Sexual predator for life!

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    if she uses the same old story that she loves him and he loves her i think i will vomit!
    Me too!

Central Texas
    I'm so glad in a way mine are done with school. Teachers are being in the news more and more for inappropriate behavior with children. It's really disgusting.

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

More Info

Previous school trouble shown

Within six months, Rice, then 23, was placed on administrative leave from her job at Spanaway Lake High School after being accused of attending a party where students were drinking alcohol and smoking pot; giving students rides in her car despite being warned not to; and making “verbal advances toward (a) male student,” according to her personnel file.

Nine years and two teaching jobs later, Rice, now 31, is charged with the sexually motivated kidnapping of a 10-year-old boy she taught at Tacoma’s McKinley Elementary School.

Rice was arraigned Monday on one count of first-degree kidnapping with sexual motivation. She wore an orange jail uniform and shackles in Pierce County Superior Court. She cried as she was led into court.

Price has told detectives she had sex with the boy at a highway rest stop outside Ellensburg over the weekend and had sex with him four or five times before then, court papers state.

9/12/07 – More Charges Against Jennifer Rice

Jennifer Leigh Rice already facing numerous felony counts in a case alleging the victimization of a 10-year-old boy has been charged with 12 additional offenses.

The charges include crimes against a second victim who is between 14 and 16 years old plus additional charges alleging additional offenses against the 10-year-old victim who Rice allegedly kidnapped from his home in order to have sex with him. Allegedly Rice took the 10-year-old boy with her when she left a party around 3 a.m. headed for an Idaho amusement park when they stopped at a rest area in Ellensburg, napped and had sex.

The new offenses with which Rice is charged include six counts of first-degree child rape, four counts of first-degree child molestation and two counts of third-degree child rape.

Rice pleaded not guilty to the new charges today and remains jailed in lieu of $500,000 bail.

Much more at link:

Note: The other victim was the 15-year-old brother of the 10-year-old she kidnapped, according to the link above.

Jennifer Leigh Rice

Jury Trial - Guilty
    Sentence Date: 07/25/2009

1 count 1st Degree Kidnapping with Sexual Motivation
    1 count 1st Degree Child Molesting
    2 counts 3rd Degree Child Rape

Sentence: 25 years - Life

Projected Release Date: Unknown, however link above states she must serve a minimum of 25 years before being eligible for parole.