GUILTY UK - Trycia Balhous, 2, stabbed to death, Barking, 14 Aug 2007

missacorah

Reaction score

A TODDLER has been stabbed to death and her mother is in a serious condition in hospital following an incident at a flat, Scotland Yard said today.

The girl - believed to be aged two - was found at a flat in Barking, east London.
It is understood that police are not looking for a suspect.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Police are investigating the suspicious death of a child in Barking. At approximately 12.15am the body of a girl, believed aged two, was found at a flat in Law House, Maybury Road, Barking.
“The child was pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem investigation has yet to be arranged.
“We believe we know her identity but await formal identification.

“A woman, believed aged in her 20s, was found suffering stab wounds.
“She was taken to an east London hospital where her situation is believed to be serious but not life-threatening. Officers from the child abuse investigation command are investigating. There have been no arrests.”

A student living in the block of flats where the fatal stabbing took place said he first became aware of an incident at around 1am.
The man, who did not want to be named, said: “I saw an unusual number of police outside the flats, about 15 to 20 of them.
“There was also an ambulance; they went in with a stretcher and seemed to bring somebody out about 10 minutes later, but I didn’t see the person’s face.
“I could hear the police talking to my neighbours outside and realised somebody was hurt.”
The student who lives on the ground floor said he believed the stabbing had taken place on one of the seven floors above his flat.
Law House is a nine-storey building on a part of the Thames View estate that was built in the 1950s and was planned as a “garden estate”, with houses and low-rise blocks rather than huge towers.
The estate was home to World Cup-winning England footballer Bobby Moore and current international John Terry, who both grew up there.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007370377,00.html

It is understood that police are not looking for a suspect.
Officers from the child abuse investigation command are investigating. There have been no arrests
sounds like they think the mom did this.

From May 2008:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7396250.stm

A judge has criticised social workers for not helping a young mother who killed her two-year-old daughter.

Trycia Balhous was stabbed five times by her mother Galtricia Ntsimbi, 23, at their flat in Law House in Barking, east London, on 14 August 2007...

Ntsimbi was sent to a mental hospital indefinitely after pleading guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back