Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annasmom

Reaction score
Annasunc has suggested that one of us do a weekly update for the Forum, so I'll start out as of Aug. 17, 2007:
We have contacted a private investigator who worked on Anna's case early on and are awaiting information from her. Annasunc has approached the forensic artist at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children about producing a high-school age progression of Anna which might be posted on Classmates and other sites. Cubby's "Miscellaneous" thread has a good design for personalized postage stamps and other ways to get the word out. I have written LE, requesting that they try to obtain passport information, if any, on Anna. Sherlock is working on material for www.searchingforanna.com, at Annasunc's request. Doogie and I are working on the manuscript SFA with the idea of having it printed, and Doogie has found a good source for doing that.

Annasmom- I haven't posted in this forum much lately, but you are still very much on my mind.

Thank you for the update and I wish you luck in your continued search.

The high school aged progression would be so very excellent, maybe Classmates.com would run a cover picture of the childhood pic and progression side by side on their cover, and maybe ask "who knows me"! That would get massive leads from everywhere if someone might have some sort of "in" with Classmates...or know how to approach it so that they are not turned away, or overwhelmed with too much info....just an idea...the pic would be wonderful!

Annasmom- I haven't posted in this forum much lately, but you are still very much on my mind.

Thank you for the update and I wish you luck in your continued search.

Same here.

I feel as though I am just sitting here, twiddeling my thumbs, while everyone else is working on something worthwhile!

I need to be able to contribute some effort here.

Same here.

I feel as though I am just sitting here, twiddeling my thumbs, while everyone else is working on something worthwhile!

I need to be able to contribute some effort here.

Believe me, your support is really a valuable contribution.

Anna Lookalikes: An Italian adoptee searching for her birthparents was contacted and given the web page address, but did not respond. A new look-alike spotted through Gina's MySpace has come up. The singer named Anna Waters in Australia asks that she not be sent any more e-mails. She's not our girl.
The manuscript Searching for Anna: I re-sent the May letters asking for permission to quote the SFChronicle, HMB Review and "The Fantasticks", having received no answer.
Itsreenw knows a forensic artist who may be willing to give us a high-school-age rendering of Anna for posting on Classmates, etc. The artist at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is willing to do this, but they are fairly swamped at the time, with only three artists on staff.
SherlockJr is writing the stories of the adoptees reunited with their birth families in the course of our search. The idea is to post these on searchingforanna.com.
Several old-timers checked back in to the Forum this week, and several others kindly offered to continue investigating possible Unidentifieds.
AND...The DrDoogie Fan Club was inaugurated.

1. At the suggestion of Gerald Nance at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the San Mateo Sheriff's office was asked to contact Interpol to request that Washington put a "yellow notice" in files of Greece and Italy. This apparently alerts Interpol to the possibility of an abduction from the U.S.
2. SherlockJr's adoption stories have been posted on www.searchingforanna.com. Read and be amazed!
3. Kelly (ProjectJason) checked in and gave us some encouraging words. Sherlock is looking into getting some "missing" buttons mentioned on Kelly's web site.
4.iNTERESTED WOMAN has posted a photo album at http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...ories19782.jpg.
5. Doogie and I are attempting to get the book, Searching for Anna, published in time for Anna's 40th birthday September 25. We'll keep you posted.

If I've forgotten anything, please do add it to this thread! Happy Labor Day weekend!

I sure hope you find her. Cases like this eat me up.

I can't believe a whole week has gone by. Gina's video and the application papers and permissions were submitted to the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children's YouTube video channel. Their information says they will investigate the authenticity of the case and get back to us. At our request, the genius forensic artist Steve at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children produced an age-advanced picture of Anna at approximately age 18 which might be compared to school yearbook pictures. June Morall, a San Mateo County historian, promised to post Anna's story on her web pages at http://halfmoonbaymemories.com/ I haven't yet seen this story, which was requested by Nancy, an interested party in Canada. SherlockJr has reunited yet another adoptee searching for birth parents. No answer to all those letters requesting permission to reprint various texts in Searching for Anna.

In Searching for Anna, I wrote "No trace of her has ever been found, though we found many other things while looking." In the current Sierra Nevada search for the missing pilot Steve Fossett, dozens if not hundreds of other crashed small planes have been found as of this writing. Our own search seems to be at a standstill (no posts on the forum for more than a week, no answers to letters regarding permissions for the manuscript, no word from LE.) I need to think of all the things we HAVE found in our search. Ruling out hundreds of possibile scenarios, individuals, and paths has been reassuring to the family. There is no way we could have investigated all this on our own, and we will always be deeply grateful to Doogie and to WebSleuths for stepping in here.

There are a few things pending. The writer at Half Moon Bay Memories intends to re-post the story about Anna on her excellent and fascinating site. She did not realize that I was still living in the area and that I could clarify some points in the story (an Internet contact in Canada had sent her the information.) An individual associated with a national group dedicated to the families of people suffering from mental illness offered to contact an acquaintance who has done prize-winning documentaries. She believes the search would make a good film, and of course I agree.

A Google search on "Anna Christian Waters" brings up more than 500 items. I have been checking these as I am able, to make sure that the information is accurate and that the site is reputable. I particularly want to look at sites which are soliciting donations. One of these checks resulted in a story full of errors being taken down. Publicizing the wrong information is worse than no media coverage at all, as we learned from the first local newspaper story about Anna's disappearance. The physical description was wrong, and in the interest of sensationalism, the story suggested (with no evidence at all) that Anna had drowned in Purisima Creek. This was the primary reason that no other possibilities were followed up at the time, and that many people were surprised to learn about three years ago, when our intensive Internet-assisted search got under way, that LE considered Anna's case a probable stranger abduction.
One very suspicious site (puella) which still comes up on Google has been taken off line. I would appreciate it if anyone reading this would help me by occasionally checking in to some of these sites to make sure they are on the up-and-up.

These updates, by the way, are also posted (as are SherlockJr's amazing adoption stories) on www.searchingforanna.com.

... One very suspicious site (puella) which still comes up on Google has been taken off line...

From what I understand about this site, it is still online, but has been "abandoned" by its owner. In other words, no one will update it or remove it until the prepaid period of hosting is completed, then it will disappear into cyber-purgatory (hopefully never to return again). Bon voyage, .

A Google search on "Anna Christian Waters" brings up more than 500 items. I have been checking these as I am able, to make sure that the information is accurate and that the site is reputable. I particularly want to look at sites which are soliciting donations. One of these checks resulted in a story full of errors being taken down. Publicizing the wrong information is worse than no media coverage at all, as we learned from the first local newspaper story about Anna's disappearance. The physical description was wrong, and in the interest of sensationalism, the story suggested (with no evidence at all) that Anna had drowned in Purisima Creek. This was the primary reason that no other possibilities were followed up at the time, and that many people were surprised to learn about three years ago, when our intensive Internet-assisted search got under way, that LE considered Anna's case a probable stranger abduction.
One very suspicious site (puella) which still comes up on Google has been taken off line. I would appreciate it if anyone reading this would help me by occasionally checking in to some of these sites to make sure they are on the up-and-up.

These updates, by the way, are also posted (as are SherlockJr's amazing adoption stories) on www.searchingforanna.com.

I would be happy to do this. How many pages have you made it through, or should I start from the end and work forward not to duplicate the work.

I'd be happy to help with anything else too. Just ask, you Annasmom, or anyone here for that matter. If I can I will.

I would be happy to do this. How many pages have you made it through, or should I start from the end and work forward not to duplicate the work.

I'd be happy to help with anything else too. Just ask, you Annasmom, or anyone here for that matter. If I can I will.
Cubby, thank you. The Google results seem to change all the time, so it would be great if you could just start at the beginning. You'll know the sources which are OK, so you can just skip them.

Cubby, thank you. The Google results seem to change all the time, so it would be great if you could just start at the beginning. You'll know the sources which are OK, so you can just skip them.

Will do.

I went through Google for "anna christian waters" and 38 sites came up before the standard repeat of similiar sites message appeared. For "Anna Waters" I was able to search a total of 333 links before the same message appeared. Nothing unusual stood out which wasn't previously mentioned. The peulla site indicated a message web site can not be displayed.

I went through Google for "anna christian waters" and 38 sites came up before the standard repeat of similiar sites message appeared. For "Anna Waters" I was able to search a total of 333 links before the same message appeared. Nothing unusual stood out which wasn't previously mentioned. The peulla site indicated a message web site can not be displayed.

Cubby, I signed up for the google alerts. Anytime "Anna Waters" or "Anna Christian Waters" is added to a website or blog, google sends me an e-mail immediately.

Thank you so much for doing this, Cubby. I kept thinking it should be done, but I could never get through the list before something interrupted me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy