MO - Charles McCardie for hiding camera In teen's room, Farley, 2007

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Step-Dad Goes To Jail For Putting Camera In Teen's Bedroom

FARLEY, Mo. --
A Platte County man is going to jail for putting a hidden camera in his stepdaughter's bedroom.

Charles McCardie told jurors he liked watching his stepdaughter, without her or her mother knowing.

A Platte County judge sentenced McCardie , 47, to a year in the county jail for invasion of privacy. McCardie admitted to installing and monitoring a hidden camera in then 16-year old Alex Prevost's room for a year.

Prevost was at home the summer before her junior year of high school flipping through the channels on her TV, when she noticed something odd.

"I saw a room and I was like, that's weird, it looks like my room," Prevost said.

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/...ale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

<snip from article above>
"According to Missouri law, invasion of privacy is not a sex crime. That means McCardie will not be registered as a sex offender when he is released from prison."

So, any pervert can put a camera in a child's room and watch them strip, change and get ready for bed, etc., but it's NOT a sex crime?!? Watch the perverts go now! Geesh!

<snip from article above>
"According to Missouri law, invasion of privacy is not a sex crime. That means McCardie will not be registered as a sex offender when he is released from prison."

So, any pervert can put a camera in a child's room and watch them strip, change and get ready for bed, etc., but it's NOT a sex crime?!? Watch the perverts go now! Geesh!

That is just wrong!!!
If I was this girls mother the pervert would have never seen the inside of a courtroom he would have disapeared.

That is just wrong!!!
If I was this girls mother the pervert would have never seen the inside of a courtroom he would have disapeared.
If I were the mother, I would be very enraged. This is so perverted and creepy, it makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

I guess that he had his own personal "*advertiser censored*" shows in his home with his unknowing stepdaughter in the starring role.

I hope that the mother is divorcing this creep.

This man is a "Town leader" who has a street named after him! I hope that street gets renamed, as it stands now, if I was having to give directions to somebody I'd have to be saying, "and then turn right onto pervert lane"

VB

There needs to be serious law review about this type of crime. I can't believe he only gets one year. :sick: :mad:

I wonder if there were tapes hidden somewhere. Either the freak was sitting at the TV alot when the girl was home in her room, and/or, taping her to watch later. I can imagine that she also probably had other girls over spending the night at times also. Surely this sicko has done more that so that he could be charged with a sex crime.

When these types of crimes occur, I always wonder if they aren't also posting the pictures or videos online. Those kinds of laws seem to be more harsh, but I think many states are far behind.

I can't imagine what this poor girl must feel like. I think I would feel like doing him in when he gets out in a year! He better be careful.

Maybe this is blowing over so lightly since he is a "town leader" caca de toro! So he rationalizes it by saying it's not as if it were his daughter. It's his step daughter she is underage and LE should confiscate his computer to see if he has uploaded *advertiser censored* onto the web. He is a sick pervert, give him a year, he'll be out again with another camera set up somewhere. Disgusting..

I hope the town has enough sense to ostracize him now that this is known.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back