1061 users online (221 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Outback Death.

Woman killed by pet camel.
    Police believe the camel knocked her to the ground,stomped on her then laid on her causing her death.
    The camel had also tried to kill the coulples pet goat in the same manner.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=287506
    What an evil camel.
    Tragic I know..but I think I would have got rid of the camel when it started to try and succociate the other farm pets.

Camels are mean and nasty, they are *not* good pets, but are needful for desert travel. Not only do they have a habit of spitting foul smelling stuff on the current subject of their ire, but they love to sneak up on other creatures and lay on them or pin them and crush them. Apparently it's a favorite camel "prank". I've read accounts of camel stealth attacks, they are able to move very quietly and quickly according to witness accounts.

Camel stealth attacks .....Ok....who wants to buy a camel....hes a very sweet camel..hes only bit me twice and I survived both attacks..hes going cheap
    Last edited by dingo; 08-19-2007 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Camel stealth attacks .....Ok....who wants to buy a camel....hes a very sweet camel..hes only bit me twice and I survived both attacks..hes ging cheap
    Dingo isnt allowed to ride her camel anymore, she was citated by the LE for riding without a helmet and riding too close to the children who live in the mud hut next door. Her camel would be a good buy for anyone interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    Dingo isnt allowed to ride her camel anymore, she was citated by the LE for riding without a helmet and riding too close to the children who live in the mud hut next door. Her camel would be a good buy for anyone interested.
    A strange state of affairs given the number of camels in the outback...killer camel...the I van milat of Camels..

Quote Originally Posted by kazzbar View Post
    A strange state of affairs given the number of camels in the outback...killer camel...the I van milat of Camels..
    It really is a strange story, I had never heard of camels doing that but apparantly they are known for sitting on other animals if they are penned together. What gets me is this woman fed and looked after it, the old saying never bite the hand that feeds you, should have read never sit on the hand of the person that feeds you.
    Seriously I send my prayers to the womans family.

I read about this this morning on the Comcast front news page. That is very sad. And she got the camel as a birthday present too. Prayers to her family.

Dingo, do you really have a camel?

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by angarella View Post
    I read about this this morning on the Comcast front news page. That is very sad. And she got the camel as a birthday present too. Prayers to her family.

I always wanted a female goat - BUT A CAMEL????????????????

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

There is just something wrong about a camel sitting on you...maybe it did not like the food she had been serving!

The version of the story I read said that the camel was trying to have sex with her.

Quote Originally Posted by luthersmama View Post
    The version of the story I read said that the camel was trying to have sex with her.
    OmG!!

Quote Originally Posted by angarella View Post

Yes and his name is Bruce

For Real

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Yes and his name is Bruce
    Dingo, you truly have a real live camel? That's horrible for that poor lady. Perhaps not the best place to say this, but again more beautiful people out of OZ. This morning I saw these guys called "The KIN". Brothers in a band. Lord, handsome every one of them. Keep sending them here to America, please. Y'all can keep your camels.

Here's a good example of how an American (me) might think differently than an Aussie. I read "Outback Death" and I think someone chocked to death on a piece of steak at the Outback Restaurant. For anyone not American, "Outback" is a chain of Aussie-inspired restaurants famous for their steak and Bloomin' Onions. Their "Chocolate Thunder from Down Under" is to die for.

But seriously though, that is a tragic story, and my heart goes out to her family.

Quote Originally Posted by luthersmama View Post
    Having a hump,Maybe...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast