Miles Levin

shana

Reaction score
Old wser here...no longer a poster but an occasional chatter...

Miles Levin died this morning (August 19th). There are no words I could type that would do him any better justice than the many which have been written about him all over the net.

I invite you to have a look...you will be enriched for the experience.

Detroit News article today

Google Blog Search

Sarcoma Fdn Award

...and so much more.

Taximom, thank you so much for responding. Anderson Cooper featured Miles Levin this evening (8/20) and CNN did a piece on his death repeatedly throughout the day.

Sorry this thread didn't have any 'impact' on ws...Mods please feel free to delete.

Taximom, thank you so much for responding. Anderson Cooper featured Miles Levin this evening (8/20) and CNN did a piece on his death repeatedly throughout the day.

Sorry this thread didn't have any 'impact' on ws...Mods please feel free to delete.

No deleting!!! What a wonderful young man. His life should be celebrated--he is a TRUE hero to many people.

No deleting please, somehow this passed by and I didnt see it as I infrequently post. That is wonderful he put himself out there and helped so many others.

Please don't delete this! There have been many times I've not seen a thread for days that I just missed. Don't take it personal. :blowkiss:

When I get a chance I'm going to read all of his work, but I'll have to make sure I have tissues nearby.

Wouldn't it be something if this was mandatory reading in U.S. high schools?

I did not see it until just now either??

Was it a software glitch? I usually notice all new threads in here and this one did not show up until within the last hour.

Shana I am so very sorry.

Thoughts to Miles and those who loved him.

I did read this thread yesterday but hadn't had a chance to go read up on Miles, since I had never heard of him.

I still haven't read much, but what I have read is very special....

I have had the honor to be associated with several children who have been afflicted with cancer of one type or another. They are special and it is us around them that have been truly blest by their being - no matter how little time - or thankfully, how long.

My daughter is a survivor. Goodness fills my world.

:blowkiss: Lynie

I did read this thread yesterday but hadn't had a chance to go read up on Miles, since I had never heard of him.

I still haven't read much, but what I have read is very special....

I have had the honor to be associated with several children who have been afflicted with cancer of one type or another. They are special and it is us around them that have been truly blest by their being - no matter how little time - or thankfully, how long.

My daughter is a survivor. Goodness fills my world.

:blowkiss: Lynie

Aw, Lynie, I'm SO glad for you and your daughter. Did you write about it here on a thread? ((Lynie))

The thread stays!!!!!

I know I have written about her a couple of times through the years...

She was diagnosed at age 4 and is now 17 and healthy!

Even though I moan about the cost of Sr. pictures and prom dresses, teenage attitudes and boyfriends I don't like - every day is a gift.

Lynie

CNN had a nice piece on Miles this evening...it may repeat depending on your time zone.

Thank you for posting about Miles; I probably just had not heard of him. I'm so glad he blogged; I personally know what a struggle cancer is, not only from mothers I've known who finally lost a child to sarcoma; but from my own husband - it has been such a journey of learning.

Many simply do not understand at all what cancer really means, until you suffer it yourself or someone in your family does.

He looks like a handsome young man; eerily like how my own son might look; cancer is an equal opportunity villain; it could happen to any of us at any time.

I love Bob Woodruff, also, he is such a cool guy and miracle survivor.

Aw man, I'm in tears now. Your life stories really bring things into perspective.

I sure hope someday we can eliminate cancer.

Rest in peace dear Miles. May God bless those Miles left behind.

Old wser here...no longer a poster but an occasional chatter...

Miles Levin died this morning (August 19th). There are no words I could type that would do him any better justice than the many which have been written about him all over the net.

I invite you to have a look...you will be enriched for the experience.

Detroit News article today

Google Blog Search

Sarcoma Fdn Award

...and so much more.

i'd never heard of him, i don't think....thanks for sharing this ....

At the June commencement ceremonies, Miles, 18, urged his classmates to seek justice in the world. "If my struggle with cancer galvanizes actions of goodness," he told them, " I can rest assured that even if I succumb to the rogue cells I will leave behind a legacy of victory. Dying is not what scares me. It's dying and having had no impact."

RIP Miles...

Thanks for sharing. He seemed like a wonderful young man. I know he touched many lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back