Leona Helmsley "queen of mean" Died

Amraann

Former Member
Reaction score
This was just reported on Fox News so I don't have a link but they said she passed away ... they did not give details ..she was 87.

Oh, wow. Thanks for the news, Amraann. I had forgotten she was still alive.

From the article....
Earlier this year, Forbes magazine ranked her as the 369th richest person in the world, with an estimated net worth of $2.5 billion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
ya'll that means that there are 368 people who have more than $2.5 BILLION in the bank!Holy Cow! And we still have poverty in this country..very sad...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Before her son's death of a heart attack in 1982, she told interviewers she would not talk about him "because terrible things can happen to people these days."

After her son died, she sued the estate for money and property she said her son had borrowed, and an eviction notice was served on her son's widow, Mimi. Mimi Panzirer said afterward that the legal costs wiped her out and "to this day I don't know why they did it."

Now that's just pitiful....
Greedy people suck.........funny how they are so darned charmed in life, I wonder at what point they figure out that they couldn't bring it with them to wherever they ended up..

yes,she was as greedy as they come, but it was pretty sweet when she was thrown in prison for 21 months at the age of 70

I guess she did not really care for her daughter in law too much huh?.. :confused:

I guess she did not really care for her daughter in law too much huh?.. :confused:

I think she only cared about herself, and ultimately she must have died very lonely..I think I would much rather live this life modestly with good friends and family to love and that loves me back than to let greed get in the way of it all. More money than you could ever spend would probably be fun for a minute, but no thanks..

2007_08_20t105650_308x450_us_leona_helmsley.jpg

:eek: Now that's scary!

Wonder who she left her wealth to?
The article sure doesn't make her sound like a very nice person. How sad if she was worth billions and died lonely.

ok I'm sorry for speaking of the dead this way, I'm done..but she did live very well off the sweat of taxpayers backs..21 months in prison..oh good lord

ok I'm sorry for speaking of the dead this way, I'm done..but she did live very well off the sweat of taxpayers backs..21 months in prison..oh good lord
really- what a bummer for her----:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar
how the hell would you liked to have been the dil?? then the obit said 4 grandchildren, and a bunch of great grandchildren-
nice grand-ma-ma ...........:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back