Wal-Mart quietly pulled dog treats

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. quietly stopped selling two brands of dog treats in July, after customers voiced concerns that the Chinese products may have caused their pets to fall ill, but no recall has been announced, a company spokeswoman confirmed.

The world's largest retailer started pulling Chicken Jerky Strips from Import-Pingyang Pet Product Co. and Chicken Jerky from Shanghai Bestro Trading on July 26, spokeswoman Deisha Galberth said late Monday.
Wal-Mart also placed a computerized block on all cash registers to prevent workers from selling the products, Galberth said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070821/ap_on_re_us/wal_mart_dog_treats

They should be pulling their "ol Roy" dog food line off the shelves, too. That mess made my dog so sick. :twocents:
Yuck! I remembe my Dad used to get that for our dog when I was young-and even then I thought "poor puppy". You can just tell by looking at the package and the price that there's potential for something to go wrong.

We used to buy those chicken jerky stips for our dogs and about 2-3 weeks ago we had them in our cart and when the clerk rang them up she put them aside and stated that there was a recall on them. We're standing there wondering why in the heck didn't they just pull them off the shelves then instead of waiting until customers try to buy them? Made absolutely no sense to me.

Thank you Dark Knight!!!

I'm confused here.........
I buy: Chicken Jerky Tenders
I see they're made in China is that them?
It only says on the pkg made in China.

I just bought some at Petsmart last week. I need to read the package!!

ETA: I have "Smokehouse" brand, but it still says made in China.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back