790 users online (143 members and 647 guests)  

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,910

    LA - Camille, 9, & Braxton Hebert, 7, murdered, Mathews, 20 Aug 2007

    This was posted by Accordn2me posted this in the crimes forum:

    A Mathews mother of two is suspected of stabbing her two children to death in their home Monday morning before wounding herself with the same knife, Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre said Monday afternoon.

    Amy Hebert, 40, 118 St. Anthony St., is undergoing treatment at Ochsner St. Anne Hospital for self-inflicted knife wounds to her wrists, neck, chest and abdomen, he said.

    http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/9275536.html


    THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO SAY WOMEN WOULD NEVER STAB THEMSELVES WHERE IT WOULD SHOW.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    This was posted by Accordn2me posted this in the crimes forum:

    A Mathews mother of two is suspected of stabbing her two children to death in their home Monday morning before wounding herself with the same knife, Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre said Monday afternoon.

    Amy Hebert, 40, 118 St. Anthony St., is undergoing treatment at Ochsner St. Anne Hospital for self-inflicted knife wounds to her wrists, neck, chest and abdomen, he said.

    http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/9275536.html


    THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO SAY WOMEN WOULD NEVER STAB THEMSELVES WHERE IT WOULD SHOW.

    I would love to see the stab wounds of this lady to see if they are in any way similar to the location of the stab wounds on Darlie. That would be interesting.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    LSU
    Posts
    1,777
    I haven't heard another word about this, but I've been pretty busy with school.

    I think if you're feeling badly enough to stab your children to death you probably wouldn't care about your self-inflicted knife wounds showing.

    Reading about this woman was like deja vu with Darlie's case. I've always been a fence sitter where Darlie is concerned. There were so many things about her case that left doubt in my mind. I'll keep y'all posted if I hear anything thing more about this Hebert /A-bear/ woman.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    LSU
    Posts
    1,777

    October 19

    Just saw a news ticker that said Amy Hebert's arraignment will be held on October 19th. I'll post more if/when I see it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty5001 View Post
    I would love to see the stab wounds of this lady to see if they are in any way similar to the location of the stab wounds on Darlie. That would be interesting.
    It would. I don't know if she was put into intensive care as a precaution or because the wounds warranted it.

    "State District Judge Walter I. Lanier III read the charges as a clerk recorded the proceedings by Amy Hebert’s bed in the intensive-care unit of Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital. "

    "Hebert was recently divorced, the sheriff's office said. Aside from family members saying she seemed depressed, there is no apparent motive. She is still hospitalized in an intensive care unit with self-inflicted stab wounds, deputies said. Hebert is under 24 hours guard, and her bond was set at $1 million."

    "In speaking with friends and neighbors, there was absolutely no indication that Hebert was capable of such an act. All indications are that Hebert was a caring, devoted mother to her children," Webre said."

    The children looked adorable and their photo is on this site: http://www.wdsu.com/news/13961454/de...subid=10100245

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymalone View Post
    It would. I don't know if she was put into intensive care as a precaution or because the wounds warranted it.

    "State District Judge Walter I. Lanier III read the charges as a clerk recorded the proceedings by Amy Hebert’s bed in the intensive-care unit of Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital. "

    "Hebert was recently divorced, the sheriff's office said. Aside from family members saying she seemed depressed, there is no apparent motive. She is still hospitalized in an intensive care unit with self-inflicted stab wounds, deputies said. Hebert is under 24 hours guard, and her bond was set at $1 million."

    "In speaking with friends and neighbors, there was absolutely no indication that Hebert was capable of such an act. All indications are that Hebert was a caring, devoted mother to her children," Webre said."

    The children looked adorable and their photo is on this site: http://www.wdsu.com/news/13961454/de...subid=10100245

    Just goes to show that there is not always a motive to people's madness.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,576
    "According to investigators, Amy Hebert used kitchen and steak knives to kill her 7-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter."

    Darlie used a kitchen knife too.

    There was a picture of Hebert on this article, but it didn't show up for me, perhaps it will for someone else. I don't know if the neck wound she had would show up or be covered by the jail jumpsuit.

    http://www.thelafourchegazette.com/article.php?id=N300

    The arraignment hearing of a Mathews woman accused of killing her two children in August was recently delayed with the new court date being set for the morning of Oct. 19.

    Amy Hebert, 40, charged with two counts of first-degree murder, is set to appear in District Judge Jerome Barbera III’s courtroom. A grand jury indicted Hebert on charges stemming from the Aug. 20 deaths of her 9-year-old daughter Camille and her 7-year-old son Braxton.

    Hebert appeared in Barbera’s courtroom Friday wearing a black and white jumpsuit featuring the letters “LCIW” on the back indicating her status as an inmate at the Louisiana Correctional Institute for Women at St. Gabriel near Baton Rouge. It is currently unknown who will be appointed as Hebert’s defense lawyer.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,237
    This is still in Darlie's forum, but has nothing to do with her.

    Here's an update:
    http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp...v=menu57_5_2_5
    In Friday's pre-trial hearing, District Attorney Camille "Cam" Morvant, II said he planned to seek the death penalty for the 40-year-old defendant, who pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to two counts of first-degree murder. (more at link)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymalone View Post
    "Hebert was recently divorced, the sheriff's office said. Aside from family members saying she seemed depressed, there is no apparent motive. She is still hospitalized in an intensive care unit with self-inflicted stab wounds, deputies said. Hebert is under 24 hours guard, and her bond was set at $1 million."

    "In speaking with friends and neighbors, there was absolutely no indication that Hebert was capable of such an act. All indications are that Hebert was a caring, devoted mother to her children," Webre said."

    The children looked adorable and their photo is on this site: http://www.wdsu.com/news/13961454/de...subid=10100245
    sound familiar??

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,196
    This is in Darlie's forum, I can't find another thread for this woman so I will post it here for those that are following this case also:

    http://www.wxvt.com/Global/story.asp...nav=menu1344_2

    May 14, 2009 3:04 PM ET

    ...A jury in Thibodaux has found a woman guilty of killing her two children...

    ...Jurors on Thursday found Hebert guilty in her children's slayings and return on Friday to decide whether she faces death or life in prison...

    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southcentral Pennsylvania
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    This is in Darlie's forum, I can't find another thread for this woman so I will post it here for those that are following this case also:

    http://www.wxvt.com/Global/story.asp...nav=menu1344_2

    May 14, 2009 3:04 PM ET
    Thanks for posting this, Kat. I'm halfway through reading the chronology.

    I think this case is even sadder than Darlie's. Those beautiful children. Camille saying, "I don't want to die. I love you, Mommy."

    It's beyond heartbreaking.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary456 View Post
    Thanks for posting this, Kat. I'm halfway through reading the chronology.

    I think this case is even sadder than Darlie's. Those beautiful children. Camille saying, "I don't want to die. I love you, Mommy."

    It's beyond heartbreaking.
    Oh God, is it ever. Just like Klarissa who cried "Mommy don't" as her mother was strangling her. Oh it breaks my heart Mary. These poor women are insane, they have be. Darlie included.



Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY NC - Julianna Mathews, 14, killed, mom injured, Louisburg, 19 Jan 2010
    By Kymistry35 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-25-2015, 03:11 AM
  2. CO - Camille Jackson, 21, murdered in her Aurora home, 3 Feb 2010
    By YellowSubmarine in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 05:36 PM
  3. Found Deceased UT - Camille Cleverley, 22, Provo, 30 Aug 2007
    By Earthbound Misfit I in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 04:58 PM

Tags for this Thread