774 users online (106 members and 668 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - Tony Beard, 15, Westwood, Aug 2007

Police Searching For Missing Boy Scout

Southwest
    Aug 14 2007 7:16PM

CINCINNATI, Ohio - Police want your help finding a missing 15 year old Westwood teen.
    Tony Beard was last seen around 1 p.m. Sunday. His father tells Local 12 he was hanging out with some friends and was supposed to attend a Boy Scout meeting that evening. Beard never made it to the meeting.

He was wearing a bright yellow-green t-shirt with a Boy Scout Troop 271 emblem on the left side and was carrying a black backpack. The teen is five feet, 9 inches tall and has brown hair, brown eyes and weighs 145 pounds.

I wonder what time the friends last saw him? And if he left them and told them he was going to the Boy Scout meeting.

This is sad. I hope that he is found safe.

That article seems to be dated Aug. 14th. That is more than a week ago! Is there no update?

What a cute kid. I hope he is ok.

OK, I found a couple of updates, the last one I could find was dated the 20th.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/13901512/detail.html

“It doesn't seem that he'd be a runaway but, by the same token, there's no evidence to support any foul play,” Beard said.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...418/1056/COL02

A missing Boy Scout - whose parents suspect he has run away - has been gone for more than a week.
    "It's OK to come home. We'll work anything out," the boy's father, Tony Beard Sr., said Sunday. "We want to see him and know he's all right."

These parents began by thinking something awful happened and now they are desperately hoping he is a runaway. One article I read said that a caller who said she'd spotted Tony in the park area a couple of days after he went missing was able to describe something about him that hasn't been released to the media yet, making her sighting very credible in the parent's eyes. So that's apparently when the parents began to think he'd simply runaway.

Reading about this kid, I just don't get a "runaway" vibe.

At first I didn't get the runaway vibe from this either. In thinking about it a bit more though it sounds like people had very high expectations of him. He was only 15 yet he was going to be a Senior at a new school which friends say he did not want to go to. Maybe he felt trapped and didn't want to let people down. That being said at his age if he did intend to run away I would think that he would have dropped some hints to a friend.

www.walnuthills.org
    School he would be attending

http://www.wlwt.com/news/13954297/detail.html

Body found in area where searchers had looked for Tony. No word on whether it could be Tony. Prayers for Tony's family and friends.

I'm curious about the other case mentioned in the article about the suicide note that mentioned a body in a wooded area. It sounds like the body is linked to that suicide. I hope Tony is just out camping and getting his head together and will come home.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana View Post

Body found in area where searchers had looked for Tony. No word on whether it could be Tony. Prayers for Tony's family and friends.
    In the article it states that the body was "heavily decomposed." Tony has been missing a little over a week. Is it likely that this could be him. The temperature has been in the 100's. I sure hope it's not. Seems like a nice boy with a bright future. Praying that he left for some thinking time.

wow - alot going on

" . . .A suicide note left by a different person last week mentioned a body left in a wooded area, but it's not known if the incidents are related. . ."

Sounds as if somene committed a murder or have been involved in a death in some way and then suicided but mentioned they had left a body behind in the woods. In his guilt the suicidal person may have felt certain that L.E. would find the victim, the body in the woods, eventually.

I have no idea at this time if the body is actually the missing Tony or not but I hope he is ok.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=4e6e636d-bc3b-4bb4-aa7b-2658c55e4f68
    Cincinnati police say two hikers found a body in a wooded area near the Mt.
    Airy Forest Wednesday night.

They are investigating whether it is the body of missing teen Tony Beard,
    but police say they don't know who it is because the body is badly
    decomposed.

Police Captain Steve Luebbe said that the body was found roughly 300 yards
    into the woods behind the water tower in Westwood.

The investigation comes after Cheviot police investigated the suicide of a
    19 or 20-year-old. A note was left that made reference to a teen's death.

Now investigators are trying to determine if the two cases are related.

9News asked Luebbe if Cheviot police approached Cincinnati and suggested
    there might be a link.

"Yes, they have approached us and said there may be a connection, but at
    this point we've got no way to confirm that," said Luebbe.

On Thursday the Hamilton County Coroner's office will conduct an autopsy and
    try to determine the identity of the body.

Police at the scene did not want to release a description of the clothing
    found on the body.

They instead deferred to the Coroner's office to make that announcement.

They are saying on the news that the body found is Tony. No word yet on cause of death. They are asking that those with information on how he died contact the authorities.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...WS01/708230363

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana View Post

Thank's for the article. What a shame. Do they have any clues yet, on cause of death?

Wow, this is so unfortunate because it sounded like he could have been a runaway. Prayers for his family.

I'm so sad to hear this.

Wishing peace for his family, and for Tony.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

This is just so sad. Love and prayers to his family.

Prayers for his family and friends.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast