Family of Murder Victim Chosen for Extreme Makeover-Home Edition

solarplum

Reaction score
Hushed neighbors watched as the bus crept slowly up their quiet Minnetonka street and halted in front of the taupe two-story house on Park Lane. Suddenly, Ty Pennington sprang out of the bus with a bullhorn and bellowed, "Goooood morning, Swenson-Lee family!"

The Swenson house, while fine for a family of four or maybe five, became a tight fit when the family unexpectedly expanded to nine following Lee's death. A widow and 3M technician, Lee, 38, was murdered nearly a year ago by her abusive ex-boyfriend in her family's Washington County home.

More........

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/1375966.html

Background about the murders..........
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20253087/

That's wonderful for that family. I'm reading up on her story now. I don't remember reading about this one, but maybe I will after seeing the Dateline video here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20252303/

Thanks for the info, solarplum! Welcome!

I just read the dateline story. Bless those kids and their aunt and uncle!!!!

That's so great, I definitely want to see this one.

I can't believe the 12 yr old daughter witnessed her own mom's death. She's so mature for her age now, doing presentations in public about domestic violence. I hope they are all getting counseling!

I'd say yes, they deserve a bigger home. That was a heart-wrenching story. I wonder how they will tell that story when the EMHE show airs.

I was thinking the same thing about the 12 year old...Not only did she witness her mom and her moms boyfriend being murdered she also was in the truck with her dad when he was killed.

I can't believe the 12 yr old daughter witnessed her own mom's death. She's so mature for her age now, doing presentations in public about domestic violence. I hope they are all getting counseling!

I'd say yes, they deserve a bigger home. That was a heart-wrenching story. I wonder how they will tell that story when the EMHE show airs.

This is wonderful! These kids deserve to have something good happen for them.

Wow, just wow!

God love all of those kids and the aunt and uncle........ May many good things come to all of them...

I am so glad I came across this thread. I live only about 20 minutes from where they live and I had no idea EHMO was going to be in MN. I am planning on driving there just to see what I can see.

I remember the story of this family back when it happened it was very big news here and very sad. This family soooo deserves this!!!

I was thinking the same thing about the 12 year old...Not only did she witness her mom and her moms boyfriend being murdered she also was in the truck with her dad when he was killed.

Oh, I had forgotten about that! She has to be in some type of counseling. I worry she might have PTSD either now or sometime in the future. I'm so glad she has loving family members to take care of her and her siblings though. I guess the other children will need help too, as they were there when it happened too. :(

I can't even imagine.

I am so glad I came across this thread. I live only about 20 minutes from where they live and I had no idea EHMO was going to be in MN. I am planning on driving there just to see what I can see.

I remember the story of this family back when it happened it was very big news here and very sad. This family soooo deserves this!!!

Maybe you can be a part of it! You'll have to let us know how it goes. There was another thread around here about someone helping out at an EMHO, or being in the audience when the bus rolled up....

How heartbreaking... sends the chills down my spine. :(

That show always makes me cry by the way.... my husband watches it because he likes the construction parts of it.... then he looks at me all puzzled when I'm sitting there sobbing... lol

I could just hug Ty! Has anyone seen him around? I want to show my appreciation. hehehe

I think it is great they chose this family, too! Double hugs for Ty!

(Now I am waiting for others to come on here and complain how unfair it is for this family to get a house while other victims don't, as I have seen before.)

No family could deserve this more then these people. The murder happened about 20 miles from me.

The new security system failed or they all may of gotten out. A huge lawsuit is in the works.

A lady who worked with Teri Lee stated 3 M had a security officer walk her to & from her car everyday.

The poor kids have went thru he!!.

I am such a sap, I got choked up reading that link. I need to start putting this on my TIVO. I forget sometimes with all the Forensic Files, Cold Case Files, Dayle Hinman, etc, etc., that I watch, I need a good old fashioned happy cry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back