865 users online (131 members and 734 guests)  

Websleuths News

5 year old set on fire.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/...boy/index.html

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Five-year-old Youssif is scarred for life, his once beautiful smile turned into a grotesquely disfigured face -- the face of a horrifying act by masked men. They grabbed him on a January day outside his central Baghdad home, doused him with gas and set him ablaze.

This is so sad, what has the world come to, I hope someone can help this family.

More care and compassion shown by muslims......

Hell to those who did it.

Cal

That poor, poor baby.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    That poor, poor baby.

Oh, my God. It is so horrifying. His poor little emotions are so scarred, too, more than his little face. What kind of a devil would do this to a little boy?

I hope doctors from around the world step up and offer help to this child and his family. I know surgery could improve his looks, and if he looks better I know he will feel more confident. If no one helps him, he hasn't got a chance to heal.

Good Jesus, what in the world would possess someone to do such a thing.

I am beyond disgusted and very sad
    Above is my opinion only

This makes me so sick. . . . I pray some foundation takes up his cause so he can have some reconstructive surgery--maybe he can also get away from that god forsaken place. I remember reading about an Iraqi child who was seriously disfigured when he stumbed across an IED--they brought him to the San Franscisco area for treatments and his entire family came with him.

I'm sure the mother is wracked with guilt, but I don't understand why the mother is quoted as saying she doesn't understand her son's spitefulness. Of course he has a right to be bitter. . . someone took his existence as he knew it away from him for completely senseless reasons--what's so hard to understand about that?

Shortly after Youssif's story aired Wednesday, the Children's Burn Foundation -- a nonprofit organization based in Sherman Oaks, California, that provides support for burn victims locally, nationally and internationally -- agreed to pay for the transportation for Youssif and his family to come to the United States and to set up a fund for donations.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/...olo/index.html

I just knew someone could help this family, this made me cry I was so happy for them.