5 year old set on fire.

imthemom

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/22/iraq.boy/index.html

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Five-year-old Youssif is scarred for life, his once beautiful smile turned into a grotesquely disfigured face -- the face of a horrifying act by masked men. They grabbed him on a January day outside his central Baghdad home, doused him with gas and set him ablaze.

This is so sad, what has the world come to, I hope someone can help this family.

More care and compassion shown by muslims......

Hell to those who did it.

Cal

That poor, poor baby.

Oh, my God. It is so horrifying. His poor little emotions are so scarred, too, more than his little face. What kind of a devil would do this to a little boy?

I hope doctors from around the world step up and offer help to this child and his family. I know surgery could improve his looks, and if he looks better I know he will feel more confident. If no one helps him, he hasn't got a chance to heal.

Good Jesus, what in the world would possess someone to do such a thing.

I am beyond disgusted and very sad :(

This makes me so sick. . . . I pray some foundation takes up his cause so he can have some reconstructive surgery--maybe he can also get away from that god forsaken place. I remember reading about an Iraqi child who was seriously disfigured when he stumbed across an IED--they brought him to the San Franscisco area for treatments and his entire family came with him.

I'm sure the mother is wracked with guilt, but I don't understand why the mother is quoted as saying she doesn't understand her son's spitefulness. Of course he has a right to be bitter. . . someone took his existence as he knew it away from him for completely senseless reasons--what's so hard to understand about that?

Shortly after Youssif's story aired Wednesday, the Children's Burn Foundation -- a nonprofit organization based in Sherman Oaks, California, that provides support for burn victims locally, nationally and internationally -- agreed to pay for the transportation for Youssif and his family to come to the United States and to set up a fund for donations.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/24/iraq.boyfolo/index.html

:clap: :clap: :clap: I just knew someone could help this family, this made me cry I was so happy for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back