AL - Thomas Douglas arrested for child solicitation, Dothan, 2007

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link

Published: Wednesday, August 22, 2007
By Adam Silverman
Free Press Staff Writer

Thomas Earl Douglas, 61, of Dothan, Ala., believed he was chatting online with the mother of a 13-year-old South Burlington girl when he encouraged the parent to bring her daughter to Alabama to become a sex slave.

Instead, according to federal prosecutors, he was exchanging messages with an undercover Vermont police officer.

A federal grand jury indicted Douglas last week on one charge of coercion or enticement of a female and a second count of sexual exploitation of minors, according to records from U.S. District Court in Dothan, a city in southeastern Alabama near the Florida and Georgia state lines. The suspect, who has yet to be arraigned, faces up to 20 years in prison and $250,000 in fines if convicted.

The Houston-based federal public defender assigned to represent Douglas, who was arrested Aug. 6 in Texas, could not be reached for comment late Tuesday.

South Burlington police worked with federal prosecutors in Alabama, Texas and Vermont, the FBI and U.S. Marshals to track and capture Douglas,

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Oh, nice....I live in Alabama, not too far from Dothan. Just charming. :doh: :furious:

Oh, nice....I live in Alabama, not too far from Dothan. Just charming. :doh: :furious:
To my dear sweet Englishleigh,:blowkiss:
Was there anything on your news about this?
He went under the screen name ""ilikeyounggirls6up". What a sick person, does that name mean that he likes girls ages 6 and up? I know that a six year old cannot log onto the web, but he was asking mothers to traffic their children.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

Thanks for the story dark_shadows. I haven't seen anything about it on the Houston news.

This literally turns my stomach.

To my dear sweet Englishleigh,:blowkiss:
Was there anything on your news about this?
He went under the screen name ""ilikeyounggirls6up". What a sick person, does that name mean that he likes girls ages 6 and up? I know that a six year old cannot log onto the web, but he was asking mothers to traffic their children.

dark_shadows

Hi, DS...I have not but I will watch my local news at noon. I don't see anything on their website, though.

www.wsfa.com

Thanks for the story dark_shadows. I haven't seen anything about it on the Houston news.

This literally turns my stomach.

To very dear NewMom,:blowkiss:
It is disturbing that this is not in your news. One would think that it would have been broadcast there knowing that he was preying on humans in your state and that Law Enforcement in your state helped apprehend this pervert.
I hope that it is in your news soon. Was there anything mentioned in the Alabama press?

dark_shadows

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam