'Spooky House' shooting divides Ohio town

TGIRecovered

Reaction score
The Davis family's history with police includes an account from the 1980s of them living with the body of Allen Davis' grandmother for two days for fear the woman might wake up and be scared. The older woman had been declared mentally and physically incompetent, and neighbors occasionally heard her screaming.
Police Lt. Doug Francis said there is no record of the Davises being repeatedly harassed, but he acknowledged that the family stopped calling his department 27 years ago after losing faith in police services.
Davis' mother had once reported that a space alien sexually molested her after entering the house through the duct work, he said.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/22/scary.house.ap/index.html?eref=rss_la

Makes me glad I only moved to Ohio and can say I'm not from there!! ;) ;)

I'm sorry if I sound cold or nutty, but those kids got what they deserved by sneaking up on a sleeping man who appears to me to not be all together.

I didn't read everything about this case, so maybe he had time to wake up and aim, or whatever, but that's what you get.

Taximom I'm with you. As soon as read that story yesterday I thought serves them right. I so hate when people harrass others because they are different. That guy wasn't bothering a soul. Not to mention he's really got to be stressed worrying about the mom got attacked by the aliens. Imagine that? Hey, I do not doubt he was frightened. Plus see they said the people gave up calling the cops for help 20 some years ago. Sad, sad all around.

Cops should have been aware he was so unstable and had a tendancy to shoot willy-nilly. Just because the homeowner and neighbors didn't call police is really no excuse since it appeared to be common knowledge the people who lived there were somewhat crazy and had fired at passers-by many times before. It was an accident waiting to happen. The kids shouldn't have approached the house, but it was an adult who discharged a shotgun directly at the car driving away on a public street.

No offense but 'serves them right' definitely sounds very cold. I think this judge said it best (from the link in the OP):

Franklin County Common Pleas Judge Julie Lynch said Davis opted against using an insanity defense and passed two mental competency examinations.
"I think those high school kids shouldn't have been on his property," Lynch said. "But in this country, life is valued over property, and if someone is fleeing your property or on your property but not threatening you, you're not allowed to just shoot them."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back