1083 users online (224 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Bill Murray cruises through Stockholm in golf cart, refuses breath test

STOCKHOLM, Sweden
    Bill Murray could face a drunken driving charge after cruising through downtown Stockholm in a golf cart and refusing to take a breath test, citing U.S. law.

Police officers spotted the "Caddyshack" star early Monday in the slow-moving vehicle and noticed he smelled of alcohol when they pulled him over, said Detective-Inspector Christer Holmlund of the Stockholm police.
    "He refused to blow in the (breath test) instrument, citing American legislation," Holmlund told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "So we applied the old method -- a blood test. It will take 14 days before the results are in." (more at link)

The police "asked me to come over and they assumed that I was drunk and I explained to them that I was a golfer," Murray told reporters Monday at the Venice Film Festival, where he appeared before the premiere of his new film The Darjeeling Limited, which also stars Adrien Brody, Jason Schwartzman and Owen Wilson.
    The star of 1980's Caddyshack said he was in Stockholm last month to play in a pro-am golf tournament, and hitched a ride to a post-event party in a golf cart. When no one wanted to drive home, he volunteered.
    "I ended up stopping and dropping people off on the way like a bus. I had about six people in the thing and I dropped them off one at a time."

*Police did take a blood test; Murray could face charges, more likely pay fine.

(everyone sing it now)
    I'm alright
    Nobody worry 'bout me
    Why you got to gimme a fight?
    Can't you just let it be?

Lake Charles, Louisiana
    hahahaha this is funny. This dont suprise me coming from him.

NSW Australia
    I thought it was funny too

I've always like Bill Murray.

Loved Groundhog Day..