A dozen pit bulls removed from DMX's AZ home

From the link:

DMX is no stranger to trouble. During his 1999 Hard Knock Life tour, he was arrested in Denver on a warrant for charges he stabbed and shot his mother. He was later cleared. In 2002 he pleaded guilty in New Jersey for animal cruelty for neglecting 13 pit bulls. As part of his sentence he did a public service announcement against animal abuse.

:waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

Wouldn't part of his sentence have been that he is not allowed to own dogs? If not, it should have been.

I read this earlier, what is wrong with people? Gosh, they dont deserve animals!

DMX is one seriously crazy dude. Remember when he was arrested in the parking lot of JFK for impersonating a federal agent? Here is his list of run-ins with the law, according to wikipedia.

• In 1994, he was convicted of drug possession. [6]
  • In May 1998, he was accused of raping a woman in the Bronx but was later cleared by DNA evidence.
  • In 1999, during a blockbuster 'Hard Knock Life' tour stop in Denver, a warrant for his arrest was issued in connection with a stabbing and shooting of his mother, of which he was later cleared; another incident occurred in May, when he was accused of assaulting a Yonkers man who'd allegedly harassed his wife and stabbed her in the neck (the charges were once again dropped). More serious charges were brought that summer when Earl's uncle/manager was accidentally shot in the neck at a New Jersey hotel. Police later raided Earl's home and filed animal cruelty, weapons, and drug possession charges against the rapper and his wife; he eventually plea-bargained down to fines, probation, and community service.
  • In March 2000, he was arrested for aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle, speeding, failure to signal, driving without a license, failure to notify the DMV of an address change, and possession of marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, and Percocet while driving on New York State Route 33 in Cheektowaga, New York, following a concert in Buffalo, New York. He was then scheduled to appear in Cheektowaga Town Court on March 21, but failed to appear, resulting in a warrant being issued for his arrest.[7] He later turned himself in, pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving without a license and was sentenced to 15 days in jail and fined $400.[8] He was also charged with marijuana possession, after turning himself in, when authorities found marijuana in a pack of his cigarettes; he was fined an additional $250.
  • In 2002, he pled guilty to animal cruelty for having 13 neglected pit bulls in his possession. [9]
  • In June 2003, he was arrested for using indecent language during a performance at St Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean. The country's Information Minister alleged that a contract signed before the concert stipulated the show would be with out indecent language on stage. Earl was released on bail. ($376)[10]
  • In June 2004, he was arrested at JFK airport on charges of cocaine possession, criminal impersonation, criminal possession of a weapon, criminal mischief, menacing, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol while attempting to carjack a vehicle claiming to be a federal agent. [11]
  • In April 2005, Simmons was arrested in The Bronx for driving with a suspended license after his car crashed into a police cruiser.[citation needed]
  • In May 2006, Simmons was arrested at a London airport for causing a disturbance after he refused to put on a seat belt and became abusive on a flight from New York to London. He was released with a caution.[12]
  • On February 2, 2007 he was arrested for driving on an expired license charge, and scheduled an appearance in a Yonkers courtroom on March 6, 2007 on that and other minor infractions.[13]
  • On May 26, 2007 Simmons was arrested for assaulting a man and leaving him in hospital whilst under the influence of cannabis. He had to appear in court on (June 2) after his week on bail and he was sentenced to 500 hours community service and a $50,000 fine.[citation needed]
  • On 23 July 2007 Simmons was stopped by police after trying to get away on a illegal motorbike without a license. Officers gave him a Section 15 warning and was scheduled to appear in court on August 1, 2007 for further questioning. [citation needed]
  • On 31 July 2007 Simmons was stopped by police for driving an illegal motorbike and he has been reported for driving without a license and without insurance. A court date has not been set as of August 1, 2007.[citation needed]
Earl mentions his criminal attorney, Murray Richman, also known as "Don't Worry Murray", in E.A.R.L.: The Autobiography of DMX.[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMX_(rapper)

Is it only me, but when these rappers and athletes who came from nothing get ahold of money they stay stuck in the life from which they came? Not all people from lower class upbringings do this, but you hear of it too often. I'm sure it's tough to change your friends and ya can't change your family. Maybe it's our faults for putting these people on pedastals when policemen and firemen risk their lives every single day and don't get much money and about zero credit. How about teachers? We should rever teachers, and I have doubts a teacher would have a rap sheet as long as that guy.

Is it only me, but when these rappers and athletes who came from nothing get ahold of money they stay stuck in the life from which they came? Not all people from lower class upbringings do this, but you hear of it too often. I'm sure it's tough to change your friends and ya can't change your family. Maybe it's our faults for putting these people on pedastals when policemen and firemen risk their lives every single day and don't get much money and about zero credit. How about teachers? We should rever teachers, and I have doubts a teacher would have a rap sheet as long as that guy.

Regardless of how much money they have, if a rapper doesn't have his "street cred," he won't sell any CDs.

Why, why, why? This is what gives pits a bad name, people that think he is cool and want to be like him, so they need pit bulls to that they can't take care of. He has the means to take care of them, that is the sad part he just didn't. He should never be able to own dogs again.

Regardless of how much money they have, if a rapper doesn't have his "street cred," he won't sell any CDs.

I disagree. I wouldn't say Will Smith has any street cred, but he sells lots of cds.

When I worked in basketball, we had a department that worked with all of the rookies for their first 3 years in the league. This group would bring in experts, teach classes, etc. on how to manage your money, especially if you come from a low-income background, how you need to surround yourself with trustworthy managers, especially financial managers b/c your friends don't know crap about managing your money. They really try to drill into the players heads that money changes people. Everyone wants something from you and people you thought you could trust may turn on you instantly in order to pad their own pockets. It was really sad. Many of these guys would feel that their childhood friends were the only ones they could trust since they were friends with them before the fame and money. But they don't realize that many of these so called friends are only looking for a free ride, often feel entitled to a share of the money and often create trouble in general.

Sorry to go completely O/T, but I think that it is important to educate ANYONE who suddenly comes into a large sum of money. I would hope that these record labels would do the same for their artists.

Back to topic - I am pretty surprised that DMX is even out of jail. Talented guy, but a complete mess.

I disagree. I wouldn't say Will Smith has any street cred, but he sells lots of cds.

I'm talking about gangsta rappers. Will Smith is family friendly. He doesn't have and never has had any street cred.:D

This is the same situation that got one of Eminem's D12 group members shot. He was still hanging around in the old neighborhood, armed with a gun and going to the old bars that they used to when they were broke and trying to break into the music business. They commented then that the reason they hung around with the old hoods is because they had to keep their "street cred" and living in a multi-million dollar home in Beverly Hills won't keep them "in the mix."

Jada Pinkett Smith has more street cred than Will! :D

I see what you seeing saying Jeana, I just don't agree with the concept (which I know you don't either). Fifty Cent is living large in a mansion in Farmington, CT yet still has maintained his street cred. Look at Jay Z - he is quite the business man these days and has seemed to clean up his act.

Jada Pinkett Smith has more street cred than Will! :D

I see what you seeing saying Jeana, I just don't agree with the concept (which I know you don't either). Fifty Cent is living large in a mansion in Farmington, CT yet still has maintained his street cred. Look at Jay Z - he is quite the business man these days and has seemed to clean up his act.

I agree. I think there are different "levels" of being a bad *advertiser censored* rapper. Jay-Z wasn't ever at the level of Fifty Cent - who was shot five times I believe. Personally, if I came from the streets and was lucky enough to make millions, I would take the money and run and never look back. I don't think there is a lot of intelligence when it comes to rappers. I don't know where DMX was in his rap career, but I think he's on the back end and the 15 minutes is almost up.

On the same note, I have no idea how Snoop dog has stayed alive with all the trouble he has been in. He is also a .

Just another reason to dislike Pit bulls. Pits will NEVER lose their nasty reputation because they continue to be the breed of choice for thugs.

Well, with a lot of them,including eminem,you can take the lowlife out of the slum, but you can't get the slum out of the lowlife

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back