1076 users online (272 members and 804 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation SpongeBob Recall

(WASHINGTON - AP) The government says an Ohio importer has recalled nearly 250,000 SpongeBob SquarePants address books and journals made in China.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says the spiral metal bindings on the books might contain hazardous levels of lead paint.
    Martin Designs of Ashland in north-central Ohio notified the agency that tests turned up lead content above the level considered safe for children. Children who ingest lead-laced paint can suffer brain damage.

The company says it has received no reports of injury.

The recall involves address books and journals sold in retail stores nationwide from June 2006 through last month. They have a black metal spiral binding and show SpongeBob in various outfits on the front cover.

http://www.wane.com/Global/story.asp?S=6971768

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Not SpongeBob too>!>!>

(Marking anything made in China off my Xmas list) Hmmm...guess good old American cash should suffice! Xmas shopping has just been made SO easy this year since there aren't any safe toys to buy! I guess I could start whittling my own tho.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

You got that right SeriouslySearching. I won't buy anything manufactured in China anymore. Which will probably make me shop more carefully anyway!
    Last edited by philamena; 08-26-2007 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spellinggggg correction. lol

We are getting some lovely American grapes and cherries in our supermarkets during our winter period here....Im not really on topic but I just wanted to mention it as we usually never see grapes or cherries at this time of year.

I'm glad I don't have small children anymore!

Shhheesshhh....all the popular kids toys are tainted!
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    We are getting some lovely American grapes and cherries in our supermarkets during our winter period here....Im not really on topic but I just wanted to mention it as we usually never see grapes or cherries at this time of year.
    Is that thanks to Global Warming?
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

No....its because its winter here and grapes dont grow in the cold weather.

China bans lead paint in toys exported to United States

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/chi...276751729.html

My suggestion for Xmas gifts are videos! They can't say lead is in anyway a problem...unless you allow the child or the grand to eat them. : ) I also recommend you buy all your children videos which teach them sign language! Doesn't hurt to learn. It IS Universal!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    My suggestion for Xmas gifts are videos! They can't say lead is in anyway a problem...unless you allow the child or the grand to eat them. : ) I also recommend you buy all your children videos which teach them sign language! Doesn't hurt to learn. It IS Universal!
    Good plan.

God knows kids have way too many toys anyway- they certainly arent encouraged to use their imaginations anymore....it's all done for them- lol

My DS learnt sign language, or little bits in kindy....he still knows some of the words....cute..

And here these companies thought "cheap labor" in China and that they could make a profit... now it's coming back to haunt them... not only do they have to recall all these products, they have to find a different manufacturer... may be they'll go back to "Made in the USA" now.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99 View Post
    And here these companies thought "cheap labor" in China and that they could make a profit... now it's coming back to haunt them... not only do they have to recall all these products, they have to find a different manufacturer... may be they'll go back to "Made in the USA" now.
    I sure hope so!

How about we just stop getting stuff from China?

Quote Originally Posted by miimaa View Post
    How about we just stop getting stuff from China?
    Good idea lol

There was this show on our tv not so long back, where they took everything out of a average household that was made in China- there was literally nothing left!
    Everything is made in China.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast