SpongeBob Recall

Dark Knight

Reaction score
(WASHINGTON - AP) The government says an Ohio importer has recalled nearly 250,000 SpongeBob SquarePants address books and journals made in China.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says the spiral metal bindings on the books might contain hazardous levels of lead paint.
Martin Designs of Ashland in north-central Ohio notified the agency that tests turned up lead content above the level considered safe for children. Children who ingest lead-laced paint can suffer brain damage.

The company says it has received no reports of injury.

The recall involves address books and journals sold in retail stores nationwide from June 2006 through last month. They have a black metal spiral binding and show SpongeBob in various outfits on the front cover.

http://www.wane.com/Global/story.asp?S=6971768

(Marking anything made in China off my Xmas list) Hmmm...guess good old American cash should suffice! Xmas shopping has just been made SO easy this year since there aren't any safe toys to buy! I guess I could start whittling my own tho.

You got that right SeriouslySearching. I won't buy anything manufactured in China anymore. Which will probably make me shop more carefully anyway!

We are getting some lovely American grapes and cherries in our supermarkets during our winter period here....Im not really on topic but I just wanted to mention it as we usually never see grapes or cherries at this time of year.

I'm glad I don't have small children anymore!

Shhheesshhh....all the popular kids toys are tainted!

We are getting some lovely American grapes and cherries in our supermarkets during our winter period here....Im not really on topic but I just wanted to mention it as we usually never see grapes or cherries at this time of year.
Is that thanks to Global Warming?

No....its because its winter here and grapes dont grow in the cold weather.

My suggestion for Xmas gifts are videos! They can't say lead is in anyway a problem...unless you allow the child or the grand to eat them. : ) I also recommend you buy all your children videos which teach them sign language! Doesn't hurt to learn. It IS Universal!

My suggestion for Xmas gifts are videos! They can't say lead is in anyway a problem...unless you allow the child or the grand to eat them. : ) I also recommend you buy all your children videos which teach them sign language! Doesn't hurt to learn. It IS Universal!

Good plan.

God knows kids have way too many toys anyway- they certainly arent encouraged to use their imaginations anymore....it's all done for them- lol

My DS learnt sign language, or little bits in kindy....he still knows some of the words....cute..

And here these companies thought "cheap labor" in China and that they could make a profit... now it's coming back to haunt them... not only do they have to recall all these products, they have to find a different manufacturer... may be they'll go back to "Made in the USA" now.

And here these companies thought "cheap labor" in China and that they could make a profit... now it's coming back to haunt them... not only do they have to recall all these products, they have to find a different manufacturer... may be they'll go back to "Made in the USA" now.

I sure hope so!

How about we just stop getting stuff from China?

Good idea lol

There was this show on our tv not so long back, where they took everything out of a average household that was made in China- there was literally nothing left!
Everything is made in China.

Signing Times is a great dvd set, my 3 year old loves them. As my hearing goes I need to learn it myself.

Good idea lol

There was this show on our tv not so long back, where they took everything out of a average household that was made in China- there was literally nothing left!
Everything is made in China.

Is that the one where they even took the husband because he was Chinese?

Poco, two things:

First, I am very glad your cat is back :D and

Second, cut it out.... you made me laugh out so loud it scared my kid!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back