GUILTY ID - Lisa Chambers, 14, raped & murdered, Boise, 10 Nov 1982

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link
Idaho authorities have taken a blood sample from a Utah prison inmate to determine if he may have murdered a 14-year-old girl in 1982.
The Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office filed a search warrant July 25 seeking a blood sample from Wesley Allen Tuttle, 55, who is serving a sentence of five-years-to-life in the Utah State Prison for the murder of Sydney Anne Merrick, of Salt Lake City, in 1983.
Chief Investigator Craig Watson said the blood sample has already been taken, but he was unaware if it matched the DNA sought by Idaho investigators.
Idaho officials consider Tuttle a "person of interest" in the killing of 14-year-old Lisa Chambers, who left for school at 7:15 a.m. Nov. 10, 1982, but never showed up, court documents state. Chambers was reported missing by her mother that evening.
The teen was found by two hunters in a cornfield near Lake Hazel in Boise on Thanksgiving. Investigators determined the girl was strangled with her own shoelace and was sexually assaulted.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

When was Wesley Allen Tuttle arrested, tried and convicted of killing Sydney Anne Merrick? How old was Sydney, and what were some of the circumstances of her murder?

Could Tuttle be a suspect in even more unsolved cases?

The 25th anniversary of this little girl's murder has just passed. Any articles on it?

This is wild.

I was reading about the Utah Parole Board and the list of prisoners who have received natural life sentences from the board.

One of them was Wesley Allen Tuttle. He was accused of stopping his 18 wheeler car carrier truck to help a Sydney Ann Merrick whose car had overheated. He picked her up, raped her and killed her.

At the time (this happened in 1983) there was some real questions as to whether he did it because he had some solid alibi witnesses.

I decided to google his name to see if there was any information and guess what the number 2 link was on google; This link on Websleuths.

No surprise. Should have come here first.

I see he is identified as having the DNA that was found on this Lisa Chambers, a beautiful sweet child. Makes me sick.

Don't need any more info. Don't care about his alibi witnesses, he is a rapist and a killer and there is no doubt he killed Sydney Ann Merrick too.

We can only hope that he lives a long and very miserable life in the Utah State Prison. May he suffer more than his victims did.

This is wild.

<snip>
One of them was Wesley Allen Tuttle. He was accused of stopping his 18 wheeler car carrier truck to help a Sydney Ann Merrick whose car had overheated. He picked her up, raped her and killed her.

Huh. You don't suppose he's implicated in the death of Tammy Zywicki, who was last seen receiving assistance from a truck driver after her car broke down?

I knew Lisa Chambers and vividly remember her and the events surrounding her abduction and murder. I was so surprised to find out that her case had finally been solved. I'm thankful that a monster has been taken off the streets and can no longer hurt innocent children like Lisa. I just wanted to say that I'm so glad that Lisa has finally gotten the justice she deserved and that I will never forget her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back