08-26-2007, 06:27 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2005
PA - Pine Grove Twp, WhtFem 234UFPA, 30+, in landfill, 'Benji' tattoo, Jun'98
Unidentified White Female
- Located on June 26, 1998 in Pine Grove Township, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania.
- The nature of the death is listed as suspicious.
- Cause of death was suffocation and / or drug abuse.
- Estimated Date of Death is approximately 3 days (72 hours) prior to discovery
- Estimated age: 30 + years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7"; 100-120 lbs.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder length brown hair; small build. Both ears double-pierced. She had at one time received a Caesarian Section and was absent ovaries. Scar on her right arm, inside elbow. Possible scar in the middle of her forehead. Noticeable track-marks on left arm. No previous fractures.
- Dentals: Available. She had good dentition. Missing teeth (antimortem): #4 (2nd bicuspid), # 30 (1st molar) and # 32 (3rd molar/wisdom). Two of the teeth (mandibular first and third molars) showed advanced caries destruction (cavities). One tooth (maxillary right first molar) shows an apparent filling. Dental overbite.
- Tattoos: On her right ankle was a tattoo inscribed with "Benji"; the tattoo had a red heart dotting the letter "i" and a red heart under the letter "B".
- Fingerprints: Available
- Clothing/Jewelry: None
On June 26, 1998, the victim was discovered at the landfill by workers. The body was among waste possibly deposited by a trash hauler from outside the Schuylkill County area. Rubbish near where the body was found indicates the possibility that this particular load may have originated in the Philadelphia area or surrounding areas.
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Schuylkill County Crimestoppers
Pennsylvania State Police
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers
Pennsylvania State Police
Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-10-2012 at 12:48 PM.
05-08-2012, 01:42 AM #2
Found an article about this case. I cannot find anyone who fits the description. With such a distinct tattoo there has to be someone who knows her.
Very brief article from when she was found
05-09-2012, 12:35 AM #3
I've been taking a long look at this woman's tattoo and I noticed something interesting. I realize the tattoo may not be the most professional, but isn't it custom to also "dot" a lower case "j"? There is a heart below the "B" and a heart in place of a "dot" over the "i"....but looking at the script couldn't this perhaps be the surname "Benyi"? Maybe it's just me, but I see a "Y" after the "N".
I found another link for her which suggests that she may be of mixed heritage.
From the link below: "Department of Anthropology suggested white heritage, however, in consideration of other observations, this could not be determined definitively.
05-09-2012, 09:20 AM #4
05-09-2012, 10:39 AM #5
05-09-2012, 10:40 AM #6
Tina Marie Moody
Missing since March 5, 1998 from Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: April 22, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scars on her abdomen, right arms, right eye, left forearm, forehead, face, left cheek, and on her nose.
AKA: Tina Marie Jackson, Tina Marie Moore, Tina Jackson Moody, Tina White
05-09-2012, 03:01 PM #7
Ginestra- no flaming here ;-) The distance troubles me more then the racial makeup and there isn't a mention of any tattoos. That doesn't mean that she isn't possible though.
I am looking into the "Benyi" surname and have found some interesting possibles on Classmates.com, but I need to dig much much further to track if any of them are missing.
05-09-2012, 03:22 PM #8
FWIW, to me it looks like Benji without the "j" dotted. It doesn't look like Benyi to me.
05-09-2012, 04:11 PM #9
07-25-2016, 05:15 AM #10
I don't see this case in NamUs (or any Schuylkill Co. cases actually) so I sent a message to the local authorities via the "contact us" page on their township's website (http://www.pinegrovetownship.com/index.html ) and we can see if there's any way to get her in there. Or, hopefully, she was identified. Either way, I sent a message. Hopefully they respond soon.
By OkieGranny in forum Identified!Replies: 36Last Post: 10-06-2016, 06:57 PM
By Richrd in forum Crimes in the NewsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-28-2016, 04:52 PM
By CarlK90245 in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 12Last Post: 01-10-2015, 01:19 PM
By lorelei in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 75Last Post: 03-28-2014, 04:44 PM
By anthrobones in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 10Last Post: 01-26-2011, 04:26 PM