Community throws big baby shower for couple expecting sextuplets

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
LUTZ, Fla. (AP) -- All new parents can appreciate baby shower gifts such as diapers, onesies and formula. Family, friends and even strangers are giving Ben and Karoline Byler six times as many gifts.
Karoline Byler, 29, is expected to deliver sextuplets - five boys and one girl - at the Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg in the next few weeks.
The Byler babies will be the first sextuplets on record to be born in the state, according to the Florida Department of Vital Statistics.
The Wesley Chapel couple received a year's supply of ready-made meals and baby formula, six months of in-home wellness care and a $7,000 generator for backup power at a community baby shower Saturday at Idlewild Baptist Church. They were also given large quantities of clothing, diapers, baby wipes and gift cards, and a silent auction raised additional money for the family.
Karoline Byler, in the 28th week of her pregnancy, did not attend the baby shower because she is hospitalized.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FL_EXPECTING_SEXTUPLETS_FLOL-?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Am I the only one that has a problem with people taking fertility drugs and having a "litter" of kids? It's not normal.

Am I the only one that has a problem with people taking fertility drugs and having a "litter" of kids? It's not normal.

No Your Absolutely NOT.

When 2 sets of parents recently gave birth on the same day to sextuplets we had a large thread about it in the Up To The Minute forum

Although the one set survived having made it to 30 weeks? (maybe 32)
The other set born soooo premature, suffered greatly and at last check only one child was still alive.

No, you're not the only one.

And one thing that burns me is all the free stuff that they are getting! Normal everyday people aren't getting the kinds of stuff that these people are getting. And why are people/companies so eager to donate to these families yet not to needy families who have multiple children? Are they of no less need because they weren't all born at once? Grr.:twocents:

No, you're not the only one.

And one thing that burns me is all the free stuff that they are getting! Normal everyday people aren't getting the kinds of stuff that these people are getting. And why are people/companies so eager to donate to these families yet not to needy families who have multiple children? Are they of no less need because they weren't all born at once? Grr.:twocents:

Wow, thanks!!

I wanted to voice exactly what you just said, but felt bad doing it. I agree completely with you!!

Not only do companies donate but some of these parents have their own websites actually requesting Donations!!! (with paypal links!!)

I have a problem with it too, but I hope the babies are all okay.

I have a problem with it too, but I hope the babies are all okay.

Well, of course, I hope the babies will be Ok and I hope mom is OK. I don't wish anyone bad luck, bad health or complications - I just don't agree with the idea of having all these babies at one time.

http://www.maschemiracles.com/photogallerytest.htm

Link to all photos of the Masche family. Precious babies.

That is sweet I love babies; and I have no problem with people who are taking fertility drugs.

Since I have been blessed with being fertile and would not need fertility drugs.
I can only say I thank God for my Blessings, and for childless parents that can now have children.

I have a friend who wanted children so much and tried so hard to conceive but could not. I have seen their pain and I am so happy they did take the fertility drug.
None of the people I know had a litter but so what if they did. One has three children from three pregnancies.
There are no guarantees how this will happen when one must resort to fertility they can end up with 2-3-4-5-6 and we can call them all a blessing.

We are now at a scientific age that allows childless parents to have children and it is a beautiful thing.

That is sweet I love babies; and I have no problem with people who are taking fertility drugs.

Since I have been blessed with being fertile and would not need fertility drugs.
I can only say I thank God for my Blessings, and for childless parents that can now have children.

I have a friend who wanted children so much and tried so hard to conceive but could not. I have seen their pain and I am so happy they did take the fertility drug.
None of the people I know had a litter but so what if they did. One has three children from three pregnancies.
There are no guarantees how this will happen when one must resort to fertility they can end up with 2-3-4-5-6 and we can call them all a blessing.

We are not at a scientific age that allows childless parents to have children and it is a beautiful thing.

I love babies too. And I have no problem with people taking fertility drugs.

What I do have a problem with is their putting themselves and their babies at risk in order to have these "litters." These mothers are more at risk of having pregnancy complications for starters. Just this past summer, the mother of one set of sextuplets had cardiac arrest while giving birth.

My other and biggest problem is the risk they are putting those babies in. You'll never see a full-term pregnancy when there are that many babies, therefore those fetuses aren't given enough time to develop inside the womb, therefore being born with serious complications. The biggest one that I can think of is that their lungs aren't developed. Also, how many of these multiple birth children have mental/developmental delays because of their prematurity? And those are the ones who survive. I can't imagine having six children just to watch 5 of them suffer and die shortly after birth.

I have a problem with people who use technology's advancements to get pregnant, but who then refuse to do selective reduction stating that it's "God's will." If it's God's will they're going by, then they shouldn't have any children at all. It comes down to a moral debate that I don't think I should jump into.

Anyway! Sorry this is so long! I truly am happy that these folks have their babies and have made it home safely. I just think that they got really lucky in having all their children arrive safely.

What I do have a problem with is their putting themselves and their babies at risk in order to have these "litters." These mothers are more at risk of having pregnancy complications for starters. Just this past summer, the mother of one set of sextuplets had cardiac arrest while giving birth.

My other and biggest problem is the risk they are putting those babies in. You'll never see a full-term pregnancy when there are that many babies, therefore those fetuses aren't given enough time to develop inside the womb, therefore being born with serious complications. The biggest one that I can think of is that their lungs aren't developed. Also, how many of these multiple birth children have mental/developmental delays because of their prematurity? And those are the ones who survive. I can't imagine having six children just to watch 5 of them suffer and die shortly after birth.

I have a problem with people who use technology's advancements to get pregnant, but who then refuse to do selective reduction stating that it's "God's will." If it's God's will they're going by, then they shouldn't have any children at all. It comes down to a moral debate that I don't think I should jump into.

Anyway! Sorry this is so long! I truly am happy that these folks have their babies and have made it home safely. I just think that they got really lucky in having all their children arrive safely.

I do hear your point and agree with it; and you agree that fertility drugs
has given many childless parents hopes, dreams and joy.
You are totally right when saying: If they are talking about "Gods Will" they would
not have a Child in the first place.
Since they elected to go through technology; selective reduction can provide much
more time for a full term pregnancey. Everyone can be "Safe" mom and babies too.
You are right a "litter" is hard on everyone and always risky.

dont be sorry- It is a fabulous, well stated- post-and I agree with you 10000000%
I started to bold or underline what I agreed with most, about your post, but since it was everything- I undid it !

I think Jen said it well too.

Even the medical community is up in arms about implanting so many eggs at once. Especially if the couple has stated they are against selective reduction.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: +1

I hope the babies are born healthy and do well, but I agree with Jen, I don't think this is a good thing. I took fertility pills and the one I took only increased my chance of having twins by a small percentage. One month I cramped on both sides, and that month hubby ran for the hills!!

There isn't a week that goes by that we don't hear a story about women having a "litter" of babies. It's so common now, that I can see many of these companies stop donating items.

Here's a couple who could use help but probably won't get it. They had two sets of triplets without fertility drugs:

Three Times Two: Woman Has Triplets Again
For 2nd Time In Four Years, Couple Has 3 Babies

CINCINNATI -- It's three times two for a Cincinnati-area mom.

Victoria Lasita of Delhi Township has given birth to her second set of triplets. Both times, she and her husband, Tim, conceived naturally, without fertility treatments.

Doctors said the odds of a woman having triplets twice in that manner are one in 64 million.

http://www.news4jax.com/family/14012196/detail.html

I use to work with a woman who had 3 sets of twins! (all natural)

I know 2 women who had 2 sets of twins. I think I would stop at that! LOL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back