Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been stated but by reading the threads the Dutch PI firmed that was investigating Maddies disappearance is in trouble with the LE because only the police are allowed to investigate crimes. This could be why the McCanns have never hired their own PI firm. I am only stating this because in other threads people have commented on why the McCanns have not hired a PI firm with the money that was donated. I also read that they are not allowed to discuss the facts of this case which is maybe why they look guilty to alot of people - they can't defend themselves without releasing factual information.

Alot of people are commenting on how they would react if this happened to them in reality we really don't know how we would react or what we would do if this happened to us. And please remember the laws of our own country are not the laws of the country they are in. What we would do or the actions we may take maybe against the law in that country.

Like other on here I will hold off on judging the McCanns until the police have presented their facts.

All of the above is IMO

April4sky said:
Absolutely Shazza.
And thats how it should be. No country has the right to interfere in any other country.
The UK police have only become involved in Madeleine's case because the Portugese police particularly requested certain help. As in the searches of the properties and cars using dogs.
My point was I think its natural that most of us would have more confidence in our own police and wish for their help. Particularly if there is a language barrier.

I think the UK police have been much more involved than we realize. I would refer you to my post #355 on the last thread.

http://www.the-news.net/ArticleImage.aspx?article=25_08_2007_002_003&mode=undefined

Sousa talks about how they have been closely working with UK LE since May 7.

This is a link to the video being discussed on the Mirror board in which Gerry loses his cool....

(Apparently you can only view it if you have IE)

http://www.lanoria.telecinco.es/dn_250.htm

English translation of the webpage: http://translate.google.com/transla...p%3A//www.lanoria.telecinco.es/dn_250.htm

Scroll down the page for the links to the videos.

Vídeo: Gerry McCann, ofendido, abandona la entrevista

It was taped before Gerry went to Edinburgh for the media festival over the weekend. I'm not making excuses for him, but GM specifically told them that he couldn't discuss questions about the case before the interview began and when they asked two in a row, he lost his cool and stomped off, leaving Kate to carry on alone. There was some sort of panel involved who discussed the "leaving kids alone" viewpoint and blamed Madeleine's fate on the McCanns' neglect.

I do wish KM would stop carrying that stuffed toy around with her. Cuddle Cat has served its purpose.

I think the UK police have been much more involved than we realize. I would refer you to my post #355 on the last thread.

http://www.the-news.net/ArticleImage.aspx?article=25_08_2007_002_003&mode=undefined

Sousa talks about how they have been closely working with UK LE since May 7.

I have no doubt that the UK police have made themselves available to help the Portugese police in any way they could from day one.
And as I have said before. No country has a right to interfere in another. And nor should they. Just be available to help if requested. Which has happened in Madeleine's case.
Some of that help would have been better requested sooner though IMO. As with the searches made with the dogs.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the Video to work.
So I can only comment on what I read and am not really surprised that he became upset.
They new when they asked a question about evidence that he has said time and again that he can't discuss it!!!

It was taped before Gerry went to Edinburgh for the media festival over the weekend. I'm not making excuses for him, but GM specifically told them that he couldn't discuss questions about the case before the interview began and when they asked two in a row, he lost his cool and stomped off

Thanks Callikid. I posted before I read your post and you have cleared up the "video" question.

Thanks for the link and everything!

I still have a problem with the lack of guilt she has over leaving the kids. Somehow involved, guilty or innocent I don't understand how she can still justify leaving those kids.

She also claims the twins are in constant care of family or themselves ( I would not let them out of my sight) but they go to kids club for a couple of hours each morning. Can't have it both ways, I just wonder which is it.

Same with the short distance to dinner, that is simply and understatement.

I don't know what to make of the "30 seconds and I knew she had been taken"

maybe part of my feeling on this couple are culture differences. i look at fathers in America who have been on tv pleading for the return of their child then i look at GM and i dont find him all that believable. it seems alot of people in his own county believe him. i always think of the fathers i've seen and can not imagine them saying some of the things GM says.

i look at his actions and it does not fit with what i have seen fathers here do. john walsh wrote in his book that one of the first things he did was try and clear his name and that of his wife. he felt that the sooner he was clear the sooner all the focus would be on finding his lost child. mark klaas says that the parent is always the first suspect and you do whatever you can to help the police. that way the police dont have to look at 2 different cases at the same time. you wont have police splitting their time between did the parents do it or was it a stranger.

my gut tells me it is just human nature. a father is a father no matter where he is from. then i read post after post in the papers from Britain that says it is not really neglect. if they feel that it is not abuse to leave your child alone at night in a strange place then how can i judge any thing about them personally. my gut says they are not acting as they should. my head says anyone who can leave babies alone like that while they enjoy themselves is so far removed from my concept of normal that i will not be able to understand any thing they do.

I don't know what to make of the "30 seconds and I knew she had been taken"

I could understand returning to my hotel room during dinner and finding it in total disaray from someone breaking in and stealing from me, but from all accounts this isn't what happened. And how would KM know, even with someone breaking in, whether he/she took Madeleine or left in a hurry and she wandered off through an open door?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/display.var.1391789.0.0.php?act=complaint&cid=268901

Gerry McCann, who was questioned by police yesterday and into the early hours of this morning, also said he had seen at first hand the resources being poured into the investigation.

I thought the PJ was hardly doin' anything?

As he was speaking, it was reported in the Portuguese newspaper Correio Da Manha that police had two suspects in mind.

No kidding? Me too.

Although police said last night that there had been no arrests, the newspaper reported that the two suspects were at the police station yesterday and the McCanns had been shown them to see if they could identify them.

Is this the part with the mirrors?

At one stage officers from Portugal's Guarda Nacional Republicana were seen dramatically leaping between third-floor balconies and climbing over rooftops, apparently examining possible access or escape routes for a child snatcher.

Would love to have seen this! Makes sense that a child snatcher would ignore the unlocked windows, and then make his/her way up to the third floor, passing Mrs. Fenn's observation point, and from there to the next roof over. Very clever- they probably had the dogs up there, too.

maybe part of my feeling on this couple are culture differences. i look at fathers in America who have been on tv pleading for the return of their child then i look at GM and i dont find him all that believable. it seems alot of people in his own county believe him. i always think of the fathers i've seen and can not imagine them saying some of the things GM says.
He is from Glasgow and even British people find the Glasgow accent hard to understand. He doesn't have a very marked one as you can understand what he is saying, but the manner of Glasgow people is quite tough and abrasive - although Glasgow people are individually very nice - It is considered a 'hard' place.

Some British people find American culture very 'over the top', in terms of expressing their personal feelings, so there is a culture divide here. (see Tom Cruise - Oprah Winfrey). Personally I don't think that I would like him very much if I met him as he comes across as arrogant ( a common personality trait of hospital doctors by my experience) but that doesn't mean he's guilty of anything except being over confident in leaving his children.

I did wonder if the child who was calling for 'Daddy', reported by the neighbour was M, as I would have called for 'Mummy', given a choice but maybe the father was the last to visit the bedroom.

To answer an earlier query, which I couldn't reply to, as regards Robert Murat, sorry I can't help any further as to whether people still think he had something to do with M's disappearance.

I live way out in the country, so the word on my street is mainly 'Baa' or 'Moo'. So I have no further infromation than that which is on the British websites.

When we read that L.E. in this case are doing things that seem silly to us we need to keep in mind that we do not know and do not see the same things as L.E. The facts we think we know are really only those which are alleged (declared or stated to be as described; asserted) in the news articles and those "facts" may be made up and/or distorted beyond recognition from the truth and then news articles might also not know many many things that L.E. know. So in essence our view of the case is as twisted and out of the loop as those of the news articles we have read.

Some of the news articles even appear to be simply parroting what they have read in other papers themselves. Several news articles have said "It has been reported" or "it is being reported" before the news "facts" they go on to relate to us.

When we think we know a window was open it may not have been open or even unlocked. We just do not know. I remember in a high profile child murder case it was widely reported that there were no prints around the house and only more than a year later did it surface that infact those reports were false. Yet if we had seen reports of L.E. searching outside the house in that case we might have thought they were being really stupid because we all thought there were no prints outside the house and thus proof that no intruder entered or exited the house.

So if L.E. searched roof tops in this case of Madeleine McCann either there was evidence that led them to believe it was a necessary search or the news reports were innaccurate in reporting that roofs were searched.

As to whether the L.E. involved are doing a good job or not I can't say for sure but I am impressed that the two countries appear to be working together instead of each trying to carve out their own turf. To me that says both are acting in a fairly professional manner.
I have seen the posts that allege coverup by the Brits on this case and I wonder where they have seen this reported in the media because so far all I have read in this regard comes from people posting here and not from actual MSM news reports.

I live way out in the country, so the word on my street is mainly 'Baa' or 'Moo'. So I have no further infromation than that which is on the British websites.

:laugh: I don't speak cow or sheep, so which means yes and which means no?

I wonder if you all might be willing to do something for me....

Read this entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Smart_kidnapping
and give me your initial impression. Nothing complicated, just your initial reaction.

No pressure or obligation, only if you want to. Thanks, in advance.

I can't give you a fist impression because I know that case so well. There are similarities to this one on the surface, some very interesting (original suspect description), but not in regard to the parents.

I wonder if you all might be willing to do something for me....

Read this entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Smart_kidnapping
and give me your initial impression. Nothing complicated, just your initial reaction.

No pressure or obligation, only if you want to. Thanks, in advance.

My first impression was the younger daughter remembered vital critical information at a much later date which gives hope that the twins will also maybe at some point remember something also from the night Madeleine vanished.. that is of course if they were not drugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46