NJ NJ - Liza Murphy, 42, Emerson, 19 Aug 2007

skymom

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just heard about this on Fox News, and I checked here in case there was any discussion on this missing persons case.

Liza Murphy has been missing since Sunday, August 19, from her home in Emerson, NJ. Her husband told police she left home -- stop me if you've heard this one before -- after they had an argument -- with no cell phone, no keys, no wallet. Husband has also stopped co-operating with police.

Here's a link to some stories on the case:
http://northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkzJmZnYmVsN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk3MTg1ODM5

Husband also tried to jump into traffic in an "attempt" to commit suicide:
http://northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkzJmZnYmVsN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk3MTg1NTkz

I don't have a good feeling about this one at all..

Skymom

I heard that one too, skymom.

Here we go again. :(

I just heard about this on Fox News, and I checked here in case there was any discussion on this missing persons case.

Liza Murphy has been missing since Sunday, August 19, from her home in Emerson, NJ. Her husband told police she left home -- stop me if you've heard this one before -- after they had an argument -- with no cell phone, no keys, no wallet. Husband has also stopped co-operating with police.

Here's a link to some stories on the case:
http://northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkzJmZnYmVsN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk3MTg1ODM5

Husband also tried to jump into traffic in an "attempt" to commit suicide:
http://northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkzJmZnYmVsN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk3MTg1NTkz

I don't have a good feeling about this one at all..

Skymom

No, no good feelings coming from this story. What do these idiot husbands do to come up with such a lame story? "Wifey took off in a snit without a single possesion, all because she was mad at me!" It's like they are reading from a script, or maybe there is a book out there-----Killing your wife for Dummiesrecomending this scenario?

I'll eat crow if the husband isn't involved. I really will. But red flags and whistles are just everywhere I turn.

No, no good feelings coming from this story. What do these idiot husbands do to come up with such a lame story? "Wifey took off in a snit without a single possesion, all because she was mad at me!" It's like they are reading from a script, or maybe there is a book out there-----Killing your wife for Dummiesrecomending this scenario?

I'll eat crow if the husband isn't involved. I really will. But red flags and whistles are just everywhere I turn.

sadly this is a growing epidemic!!:doh:

N.J. Police Search Reservoir for Missing Mother Liza Murphy

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294890,00.html

EMERSON, N.J — Authorities in Bergen County, N.J., were in the midst of an extensive search Tuesday for missing mom Liza Murphy, whose husband apparently tried to commit suicide shortly after she disappeared.

Emerson police and other searchers combed a wooded area around the Oradell Reservoir, less than half a mile from the Murphy's house, looking for the 42-year-old mother of three who was last seen Aug. 19. About 200 people were involved in the search to rule out the reservoir area as a place where she might turn up.

Fox has a video report on their site.

Last night Nancy Grace reported that the husband tried to committ suicide days after, by throwing himself in front of a bus, he was badly injured, however the LE felt they couldn't question him, because he was in serious condition.

Hopefully, we can get a confession out of him after he realizes he isnt fooling anyone.

IMO, even if she left him. Why would he put his life at stake her with three (3) small children at home. The children are currently with their Aunts and Uncles this week.

I hope somemore information is given for the sake of these poor kids!

Last night Nancy Grace reported that the husband tried to committ suicide days after, by throwing himself in front of a bus, he was badly injured, however the LE felt they couldn't question him, because he was in serious condition.

Hopefully, we can get a confession out of him after he realizes he isnt fooling anyone.

IMO, even if she left him. Why would he put his life at stake her with three (3) small children at home. The children are currently with their Aunts and Uncles this week.

I hope somemore information is given for the sake of these poor kids!

I hope more information also comes out about this.
To bad the bus never did the idiot in. Sorry I have no mercy on anyone trying to jump out in front of a bus. Especially when there are small kids left to be taken care of.

I'm sure he did something to her.....:banghead:

One of the links I read said it was a firetruck he walked out in front of. It is a shame that these children are wondering every day what happened to their mother.

One of the links I read said it was a firetruck he walked out in front of. It is a shame that these children are wondering every day what happened to their mother.

Acutally you are right, apparently there were several vehicles (bus, firetruck, and ??)...

I agree with Checko, I am getting pretty cynical myself!!

Really feel bad for these women finding themselves with these losers. More awareness needs to be out there, and self defense classes. :clap:

this is messed up!

<SNIP>
Details emerged Tuesday about previous suicide attempts or threats by both Murphys, as well as the troubles that strained their marriage.
Liza Murphy, 42, faced two pending disorderly person complaints filed by her estranged brother, who lives across the street, and from a neighbor who often feuded with her, authorities said.
Officers were called to the neighborhood half a dozen times in recent years on charges that had gone &#8220;back and forth,&#8221; said Emerson Police Sgt. George Buono.
He also confirmed allegations by Rem and others that Liza Murphy had abused prescription drugs. &#8220;It&#8217;s certainly one aspect of the case that we&#8217;ve looked into. It&#8217;s not the overriding thing,&#8221; said Buono, who is heading the investigation into her disappearance. &#8220;It doesn&#8217;t make me believe that she ran off any more or less than if she didn&#8217;t have a drug problem.&#8221;
Murphy had spent more than a year and a half undergoing substance abuse counseling and individual therapy, according to a court document filed Monday by the state&#8217;s Division of Youth and Family Services to gain custody of their three children.
But a woman who says she has been best friends with Liza Murphy for 27 years dismissed the idea that she had addiction problems.
&#8220;She wasn&#8217;t a drunk or anything or a drug addict, not at all,&#8221; said Donna Woods, a Dumont resident. &#8220;They said, &#8216;We want you to go,&#8217; and she complied.&#8221;
Woods confirmed her friend had a relationship with another man but insisted &#8220;it wasn&#8217;t sexual.&#8221;
&#8220;It was just like friends, and maybe a little more than that. But there was no sex,&#8221; she said.

:doh:

this is messed up!

<SNIP>
Details emerged Tuesday about previous suicide attempts or threats by both Murphys, as well as the troubles that strained their marriage.
Liza Murphy, 42, faced two pending disorderly person complaints filed by her estranged brother, who lives across the street, and from a neighbor who often feuded with her, authorities said.
Officers were called to the neighborhood half a dozen times in recent years on charges that had gone &#8220;back and forth,&#8221; said Emerson Police Sgt. George Buono.
He also confirmed allegations by Rem and others that Liza Murphy had abused prescription drugs. &#8220;It&#8217;s certainly one aspect of the case that we&#8217;ve looked into. It&#8217;s not the overriding thing,&#8221; said Buono, who is heading the investigation into her disappearance. &#8220;It doesn&#8217;t make me believe that she ran off any more or less than if she didn&#8217;t have a drug problem.&#8221;
Murphy had spent more than a year and a half undergoing substance abuse counseling and individual therapy, according to a court document filed Monday by the state&#8217;s Division of Youth and Family Services to gain custody of their three children.
But a woman who says she has been best friends with Liza Murphy for 27 years dismissed the idea that she had addiction problems.
&#8220;She wasn&#8217;t a drunk or anything or a drug addict, not at all,&#8221; said Donna Woods, a Dumont resident. &#8220;They said, &#8216;We want you to go,&#8217; and she complied.&#8221;
Woods confirmed her friend had a relationship with another man but insisted &#8220;it wasn&#8217;t sexual.&#8221;
&#8220;It was just like friends, and maybe a little more than that. But there was no sex,&#8221; she said.

:doh:

I heard on Nancy Grace that the husband found out she had a boyfriend on the Sunday she disappeared.

The husband has hired an attorney and he is being harrassed by the police dept. So, he is still refusing to speak to the police.:boohoo:

Police in Emerson say the investigation into the disappearance of a mother of three who went missing more than two weeks ago is starting to stall, and the woman's mother said she fears her daughter is dead.

"My daughter and I were extremely close and, if she could, there's no way she wouldn't have contacted me," Sophia Stellatos, the mother of Liza Murphy, told the Record of Bergen County for Monday editions.

Murphy, 42, went missing Aug. 19, without taking her pocket book, cell phone, credit cards or cigarettes; Later that week her husband, Joseph, was seriously injured when he threw himself in front of a car.

Police Sgt. George Buono said authorities continue to interview friends of the Murphys but acknowledged that the "investigation is starting to stall somewhat."

http://wcbstv.com/local/local_story_246115237.html

I can truthfully say I'd never leave behind my personal stuff!

Nope never gonna happen!!!!!Can't imagine any woman leaving everything behind!

Acutally you are right, apparently there were several vehicles (bus, firetruck, and ??)...

I agree with Checko, I am getting pretty cynical myself!!

Really feel bad for these women finding themselves with these losers. More awareness needs to be out there, and self defense classes. :clap:

I still think he did something to her!!!!

Missing mom's father says she was mistreated

Friday, August 31, 2007

By JOSEPH AX
STAFF WRITER

The father of a missing Emerson woman defended her Thursday, saying she's been unfairly criticized and that her husband mistreated her for years.

Andrew Stellatos also said he has fears about the safety of his daughter, Liza Murphy, who police said went missing on Aug. 19. But he still maintains hope that she is alive.

"They're trying to defame my daughter," Stellatos said by phone from his home in Little Egg Harbor. "Anybody who knew [her] would tell you what a good-hearted person she is. It seems like the whole world was caving in on her.

"I hope she's out there somewhere. That's what I pray for."

Stellatos said Joseph Murphy was overly possessive and pressured his daughter about her whereabouts whenever she left the house.

E-mail: ax@northjersey.com
http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=e...jd2cWVlRUV5eTM=

Liza Murphy Still Missing; Devastated Family Believes Shes Dead
By Tori Richards
December 31, 2007
EMERSON, N.J. (Crime Library) &#8212; Missing mother of three Liza Murphy still has not come home after several months and her heartbroken mother has conceded that she is dead.

Sophia Stellatos has come to the realization that she will never see her daughter again and now prays for the person who killed her to be brought to justice. She blames Liza's husband, Joseph, for her disappearance. The two had a rocky marriage.

"I have no doubt at all that he had something to do with this," Sophia said. "I have no proof, but I have no doubt at all. Our life has been holy h**l. He has hurt so many people. All the people who knew her are devastated and hurting and praying. It's unbelievable."

Liza, 42, comes from a close-knit Greek family with three brothers. She was the only girl and "the light of our lives," Sophia said

She was reportedly last seen by Joseph, 39, on Aug. 19 at their Emerson, N.J. home, wearing shorts, a tank top and flip-flops. The weather that day was rainy, but Joseph told police that she left after he demanded a divorce because she was having an affair. Sophia dismissed this, saying Liza had a high school friend she had met for coffee and that's all there was to it.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/...za_murphy1.html

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ori...za_murphy.html

The Bizarre Tale of Liza Murphy

EMERSON, NJ (Crime Library) &#8212; More than 100 search and rescue personnel spent a dozen hours combing a woodsy reservoir area Tuesday looking in vain for the remains of Liza Murphy, a mother who disappeared from her home more than a week ago with just the clothes on her back.

If you believe her husband, Joseph Murphy, he'll say that she walked out of their Emerson home on Aug. 19 after the pair had an argument because he threatened to divorce her over an affair that she was having. But one of Liza's long time friends said she'd never leave her three children without as much as a phone call.

But that's not the strangest part. Murphy never reported his wife missing. Instead, police were notified by an anonymous caller a day later and began questioning friends and relatives. Then, on Aug. 24 when police searched their home and two vehicles, Murphy stepped in front of ongoing traffic in a bid to commit suicide, police said.

According to Emerson police Chief Michael Saudino, Murphy walked in front of two different cars that avoided hitting him before he was struck by a vehicle driven by a firefighter. Murphy remains hospitalized in serious condition with a broken pelvis and internal injuries. His three children, aged 7, 11, and 13, are being cared for by relatives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back