1045 users online (209 members and 836 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Children's watering cans recalled due to lead paint

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a voluntary recall of Chinese-made Robbie Ducky Kids Watering Cans sold by crafts retailer Jo-Ann Stores Inc because their beaks contain lead paint.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070828/...recall_lead_dc

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Crap. I have one of these.

There's that 'C' word again!

Poor kids can't have any toys anymore... Does someone not ever check these things out...................................

I get scared each time I see one of these recall threads.

So far we haven't had anything that's been recalled, but my take is if some of these "Made in China" toys have been compromised then they all have.

I would love to stop buying anything MIC, but how do you do that? I'm being serious. I've been paying closer attention to things in stores and invaribly everything I pick up is made in China.

As a mother and an American consumer, I honestly don't know what to do.

They recall things for everything these days it seems. What the heck can lead containing paint on a watering can do? Unless I misunderstand what a watering can is, this isn't really something any child would put in their mouth.

I just threw out the box envelope we received to return my daughter's easy bake oven in. Let's just keep all the scary toys away from the kids because they can't use them as they're supposed to until they're 16 and then buy them a car.

My apologies for being so harsh/impolite/whatever you want to call it, but I'm getting annoyed with all the recalls and the padding kids receive around them these days. Geez, where's the days that 'bubble boy' was still unique?

Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    They recall things for everything these days it seems. What the heck can lead containing paint on a watering can do? Unless I misunderstand what a watering can is, this isn't really something any child would put in their mouth.

I just threw out the box envelope we received to return my daughter's easy bake oven in. Let's just keep all the scary toys away from the kids because they can't use them as they're supposed to until they're 16 and then buy them a car.

My apologies for being so harsh/impolite/whatever you want to call it, but I'm getting annoyed with all the recalls and the padding kids receive around them these days. Geez, where's the days that 'bubble boy' was still unique?
    I could see a kid trying to drink from one.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Oh quit being sensible DK.... LOL

Yeah that's true. I dunno though. It's like one thing after another, just gets on my nerves. Probably because there are a lot of 'wolf' recalls in there, too. Well I consider them wolf, like the easy bake oven one.

Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    Oh quit being sensible DK.... LOL

Yeah that's true. I dunno though. It's like one thing after another, just gets on my nerves. Probably because there are a lot of 'wolf' recalls in there, too. Well I consider them wolf, like the easy bake oven one.
    If it had been my little girl with the amputated part of a finger due to an Easy-bake oven...I bet I wouldn't consider it a "wolf" recall!

Incidents/Injuries: Since the repair program announced in February, Easy-Bake has received 249 reports of children getting their hands or fingers caught in the oven's opening, including 77 reports of burns, 16 of which were reported as second and third-degree burns. Easy-Bake also received one report of a serious burn that required a partial finger amputation to a 5-year-old girl.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07245.html

Some kids would use the water can as a "teapot"! I have to watch my grands carefully when using the large one while watering our flowers as it is...the autistic one loves to try to tip it up and drink it.

I am tired of the recalls, too...but keep them coming if it is keeping our children safer! I have a feeling this Xmas...videos are going to be HUGE!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    If it had been my little girl with the amputated part of a finger due to an Easy-bake oven...I bet I wouldn't consider it a "wolf" recall!

Incidents/Injuries: Since the repair program announced in February, Easy-Bake has received 249 reports of children getting their hands or fingers caught in the oven's opening, including 77 reports of burns, 16 of which were reported as second and third-degree burns. Easy-Bake also received one report of a serious burn that required a partial finger amputation to a 5-year-old girl.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07245.html

Some kids would use the water can as a "teapot"! I have to watch my grands carefully when using the large one while watering our flowers as it is...the autistic one loves to try to tip it up and drink it.

I am tired of the recalls, too...but keep them coming if it is keeping our children safer! I have a feeling this Xmas...videos are going to be HUGE!
    I hear you, SS, BUT in the case of the Easy Bake oven, a 5-year-old shouldn't be playing with a toy for 8+ year olds.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I agree the kid should not have been playing with it, but we have to assume every parent is an idiot and children can be harmed. The accident could have conceivably happened to an older child, too.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I was actually going to say the same thing as Serious said. Since kids do just about everything with a toy that they possibly can, any possible danger from the product found should be recalled.

.....we have to assume every parent is an idiot....
    Fair enough and point well-taken!

My 7-year-old son asked for and received an easy-bake oven for his recent birthday....they make them in blue now! LOL! I was with him the whole time he used it.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Or those creepy crawler ovens. I got my kid one last year and the safety release on the oven door broke. Even with the low watt bulb, those things get hot! He thought it was neat, but lost interest with it quickly. If it isn't a video game, it doesn't get played with for long...

Hmmm...I want one of those! (Creepy crawler ovens) hehehe Uhm, yeah...for my grands when they are older...yeah..that is it! On second thought, they are dangerous and I should just keep it for me. LOL
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast