The ransom note - Patsy or intruder? It's all in the detail.

Callan

Reaction score
I would appreciate any comments on the following.

The ransom note has been examined a number of times and although it has been stated by various experts, that there is a very low chance that Patsy Ramsey wrote it, the doubts still remain.

The only way now to really to prove one way or another, is to look for tiny pecularites that are present in the writing.

What I have done, is to mark out certain things, which can be compared alongside each other. This being the ransom letter itself and handwriting samples provided by the prime suspect - Patsy Ramsey.

In the ransom note, the dotted letter i is used on a total of 97 occasions. Out of the 97, all but two are normal. By normal, I mean that the dot and the vertical line are in the normal position. In the ransom note, the i{s} are virtually 100% correct. In other words, the 'dot' is in line.

Now, we look at the same letter iwhen written by Patsy Ramsey.

First of all, we start with the page 1 copy of the ransom note [Ref. 0028] which was provided by Patsy Ramsey, as a handwriting sample for police.

Here are words in the sample, which are of great interest:

individuals

business

time

instruction

eighteen

in

remains

size

advize

getting

Now we look at handwriting samples that she provided [Ref.0080] which were of certain words, contained in the ransom note.

Here are the words of special interest:

instruction

faction

individuals

business

possession

insructions

remaining

Now we look at the 'London letter'.

Again, here are words of special interest:

business

is

quiet

Switzerland

join

arrive

Yet another handwriting sample [Ref.0101] contains these words:

sitting

in

officer

is

sitting

looking

is

right

professional

morning

their

finally

dispel

some

think

immediate

boring

miss

darling

Now we come to the historic handwriting samples.

Here is the 'Hi Bob' letter. The words of interest are:

is

doing

having

is

going

Hawaiian

tropic

An entry form.

One word, which is:

tiny

Finally, the 'Miss Kit' letter.

Words of interest are:

in

did

in

with

This is the staggering result. Of all available handwriting samples of Patsy Ramsey, she used the letter ia total of 167 times. Of these 167 - only 47 were normal. This means, that virtually 66% of the dotted i{s} that she wrote - were off centre. Some of them [check for yourselves] were way off. If you look at the same individual letter in the ransom note, you will see that the percentage figure here, comes out at just over 2% When subtracted from the Patsy Ramsey figure, this gives a final figure of 64% A figure that indicates that there is only a 36% chance that Patsy Ramsey wrote the ransom note. Or if you want to look at in a more clear-cut way, if she had written the ransom note, then instead of there being just two that were not normal i{s} then there should have been approximately - 30.

I can decrease that figure even more, by reference to another letter. For the moment, I will not post precise details, as with the above example, but I can give a rough idea of the result. The figures here, give a result of about 66% as with that, which resulted from the letter i.

The letter in question here - is u.

When I posted this on another forum, it was removed for no apparent reason. Also, none of the posters there, offered any discussion, even though it as the potential to finally rule out a certain person of being the writer of the ransom note.

ok I'll bite. You need to go to acandyose and get the actual handrwriting comparison. At the least you might actually come away with a clearer study and comparison than some enlarged font comparison. I think if you wish to make a study of the handwriting then the exemplars would assist you in that comparison. I dont agree with the conclusion your "various experts" reached. JMHO

Here is a link to Patsy's right-handed handwriting samples to which Callan is referring-

http://blabbieville.tripod.com/index.htm

Callan said:
This is the staggering result. Of all available handwriting samples of Patsy Ramsey, she used the letter ia total of 167 times. Of these 167 - only 47 were normal. This means, that virtually 66% of the dotted i{s} that she wrote - were off centre.
120 out of 167 is 72%, not 66%. I'll repeat what I said before-

All of the samples to which you have referred were written by Patsy with her right hand. There is a left-handed sample in the National Enquirer book. In this sample it looks like she had to write out a letter as it was verbally dictated to her. The letter contained all the words in the note, but in random order. There were, from what I could discern, 74 examples of "i"-

- 62 (83.7%) were dotted directly on top.
- 7 (9.4%) were dotted to the left.
- 5 (6.7%) were dotted to the right

Callan said:
When I posted this on another forum, it was removed for no apparent reason. Also, none of the posters there, offered any discussion, even though it as the potential to finally rule out a certain person of being the writer of the ransom note.
Will you please, pray tell, explain this then?

http://boards.crimelibrary.com/showthread.php?t=282419

-Tea

ok I'll bite. You need to go to acandyose and get the actual handrwriting comparison. At the least you might actually come away with a clearer study and comparison than some enlarged font comparison. I think if you wish to make a study of the handwriting then the exemplars would assist you in that comparison. I dont agree with the conclusion your "various experts" reached. JMHO

me neither...here it is: http://www.acandyrose.com/02182003dh911motion.pdf

and it's not just the handwriting itself,it's also her style of writing,such as her penchant for using acronyms and exclamation points.

..and she misspelled business on purpose,that's obvious.(as if a businessman or his wife would do that? that's the irony of it that they threw in).

foreigners don't usually spell all that bad anyway..usually they just put sentences together wrong.Patsy didn't dumb down enough..she didn't know how to.It would have read more like 'we has your daughter' if a foreigner not well versed in english had written it.
but I don't think that was their point anyway.their point was to establish a seemingly volatile threat from the '2 gentlemen' named in the note, as well as the 'author' of the note,the sum total of 3 who happen to be Americans that JR was trying to set up in the note.

..and last but not least.. it's not just the handwriting,it's what it says,stands for and is an excuse for...the main reason is trying to point away from family members,and to someone(s) outside the home.

here's what I wrote last night about it:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1649983&postcount=1113

I think she should have just signed it ..Love,Patsy.

Callan,
Me thinks your information is incorrect. In your above post you said,
"The ransom note has been examined a number of times and although it has been stated by various experts, that there is a very low chance that Patsy Ramsey wrote it......"

Really? I would so appreciate your source and a link please because I've followed this case from the getgo and have read maybe one article which stated that PR did not write the ransom note. EVERY other article I've read points to Patsy being the most likely candidate.

When you get a chance go to FFJ http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/index.php? and read the Ransom Note Thread. The research was done by a member of both WS and FFJ.
I've always thought Patsy wrote that note while John dictated. Patsy is all over that note like bees on honey.

I'm sure there's many tests that would show stark differences between the RN and PR's writing. After all, they are two different people. I notice right away the differences in the curvatures in the two writing styles, and can't believe anyone would ever confuse the two. The closer you get to the tabloids, the more confused the two styles get, IMO.

Any two people will have similarities. The comparison at acandyrose shows the stroke connecting the bottom of one letter and the top of the next letter, as if this was a characteristic common to only PR and the RN writer!

I've always been struck by the RN author's formation of the letter 'f' and how the author appears to keep the pen down the entire time. That and many other characters are badly misshapen compared to PR. RDI 'explains away' this by making the convenient claim that while PR went to the length of 2 1/2 pages, she was careful to disguise her handwriting. If thats not paradoxical.

I've always thought Patsy wrote that note while John dictated. Patsy is all over that note like bees on honey.

me too,he sure had his say in it,didn't he? I think that's obvious.

I'm sure there's many tests that would show stark differences between the RN and PR's writing. After all, they are two different people.

not unless Patsy had a split personality.

RDI 'explains away' this by making the convenient claim that while PR went to the length of 2 1/2 pages, she was careful to disguise her handwriting. If thats not an oxymoron.

they HAD to make it long,in order to point specifically to persons outside the home that they were trying to frame.a simple line or 2 just wouldn't do.

Sorry but that's not totally true. Steve Thomas thought the RN was written by Patsy.

not unless Patsy had a split personality.

they HAD to make it long,in order to point specifically to persons outside the home that they were trying to frame.a simple line or 2 just wouldn't do.

Paradoxes are all over the place in RDI, and I don't think RDI can really keep up with all of them.

RDI claims that the RN is trying to frame someone, and yet they don't frame anyone. Case in point.

FBI agent Ron Walker had already declared the RN a fake,and said 'you're going to be finding her body',b/f she was even found.
So despite whiney JR's lying claims that the FBI wasn't even on the scene,they WERE.

Need another paradox? How about PR calls 911 hours before the RN they themselves wrote said to. Seems they could've put the pineapple away and spread around some more foreign faction dust in that extra time.

RDI claims that the RN is trying to frame someone, and yet they don't frame anyone. Case in point.

that's only b/c none of their 'suspects' panned out.you think the R's wouldn't have let someone innocent go to the electric chair for it? I bet they'd have pulled the handle.

that's only b/c none of their 'suspects' panned out.you think the R's wouldn't have let someone innocent go to the electric chair for it? I bet they'd have pulled the handle.

None of RDI suspects panned out either.

FBI agent Ron Walker had already declared the RN a fake,and said 'you're going to be finding her body',b/f she was even found.
So despite whiney JR's lying claims that the FBI wasn't even on the scene,they WERE.

Collectively, the FBI, DA or LE never made any determination that the author of the RN and PR were one and the same. BTW if RW's statement was same day, he may have done a disservice to JBR.

Need another paradox? How about PR calls 911 hours before the RN they themselves wrote said to.

that's only b/c they changed course and decided to not 'deny her remains for proper burial' as they put in the note.Like SD said,it was just too risky NOT to call then.

Seems they could've put the pineapple away and spread around some more foreign faction dust in that extra time.
Patsy never put anything away,according to the housekeeper.And she would know.
FF dust? Patsy couldn't even get the lingo in the RN down well enough to appear a foreigner had written it.Karr would have done a better job of it.

Paradoxes are all over the place in RDI, and I don't think RDI can really keep up with all of them.

I'm an RDI. Will you please provide a link to one of my posts in which I claim that the RN is trying to frame someone?

-Tea

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back