1075 users online (243 members and 832 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Nicholas Campbell, 20, killed by drunk driver, Perris, 25 Aug 2007

link

PERRIS, Calif. — A suspected drunken driver crashed with a motorcycle and then left the scene, unknowingly driving away with the motorcyclist's dead body lodged in the rear window of his car, investigators said.
    Tony Martinez, 54, pulled out of a parking lot Saturday night and cut off motorcyclist Nicholas Justin Campbell, who was traveling about 80 mph, California Highway Patrol spokesman Ron Thatcher said.
    The motorcyle crashed into the car and Campbell was thrown through the rear window, Thatcher said. Martinez then

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Nancy G covered this story tonight. The drunken piece of crap hit the victim, who btw was driving a motorcycle. Now the drunk fool surely knew he hit something. The car was a mangled mess but somehow was still drivable. The drunk driver drove home.....with the victim hanging out of the rear window.

How horrible.....how could he not know?

dingo,
    That's the question LE and Nancy G asked. Seems the guy was so drunk he didn't notice. I'll try to find a link to a picture of the car.

Thanks Philamena......I dont know how someone could be that drunk and still stand up let alone be driving a car.

You're welcome dingo. It amazes me too.

Unreal!! How COULD he NOT know there was a crash and a person sticking out of the back of his car?! The car is mangled!!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    How horrible.....how could he not know?
    It's called a blackout and it happens alot - especially if the drunk driver was an alcoholic.

I know a person here in Atlanta who was driving home with his best friend one night - they were both drunk. His best friend hung out the window and was decapitated by something. The guy I know drove all the way home, parked the car with his decapitated best friend sitting beside him and went inside and passed out. Found his friend the next day and didn't remember a thing.

It was tragic and traumatic.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    It's called a blackout and it happens alot - especially if the drunk driver was an alcoholic.

I know a person here in Atlanta who was driving home with his best friend one night - they were both drunk. His best friend hung out the window and was decapitated by something. The guy I know drove all the way home, parked the car with his decapitated best friend sitting beside him and went inside and passed out. Found his friend the next day and didn't remember a thing.

To my dearest Southcitymom,

I remember that incident on the news.
    For anyone who wants to read the article;
    Drunken driver blamed for headless corpse

Updated: 11:00 a.m. ET Aug 30, 2004

MARIETTA, Ga. - A drunken driver hit a telephone pole support wire that decapitated his passenger, then drove 12 miles home and slept in his bloody clothes, leaving the headless body in his truck, police said.
    A neighbor walking with his young daughter Sunday morning discovered Daniel Brohm’s headless corpse in the truck in John Kemper Hutcherson’s driveway and called authorities, said Cpl. Dana Pierce, county police spokesman.
    Officers found Hutcherson asleep inside his home, his clothes bloody and visibly drunk, and later found Brohm’s severed head at the crash site.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
    dark_shadows

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post

I'm speechless!

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows View Post
    To my dearest Southcitymom,

I remember that incident on the news.
    For anyone who wants to read the article;
    Drunken driver blamed for headless corpse

Updated: 11:00 a.m. ET Aug 30, 2004

MARIETTA, Ga. - A drunken driver hit a telephone pole support wire that decapitated his passenger, then drove 12 miles home and slept in his bloody clothes, leaving the headless body in his truck, police said.
    A neighbor walking with his young daughter Sunday morning discovered Daniel Brohm’s headless corpse in the truck in John Kemper Hutcherson’s driveway and called authorities, said Cpl. Dana Pierce, county police spokesman.
    Officers found Hutcherson asleep inside his home, his clothes bloody and visibly drunk, and later found Brohm’s severed head at the crash site.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
    dark_shadows
    Hi dark_shadows,

Thank you for finding that link. I live in Marietta and I met John after this happened. He and Daniel had been friends since childhood - both families were just devastated, as you can imagine.

Lots of alcoholics experience blackouts, even when driving. It is terrifying to consider.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

You have got to be some kind of drunk....
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

From January 2009:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...ced-to-prison/

A drunken driver who left the scene of a traffic collision with the body of a young man lodged in his car's rear window was sentenced by a judge Thursday morning to 15 years in prison.

The sentence for Tony Martinez, 55, of Meadowbrook, was the maximum penalty allowed by state law, a measure of solace for the friends and family of Nicholas Campbell...

Late last year, a jury convicted Martinez of vehicular manslaughter, driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident.