1058 users online (214 members and 844 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,179

    FL - Gene Vincent Kent, 9 mo, drowned in bathtub, Seffner, 3 Aug 2007

    http://www.news4jax.com/news/14005162/detail.html

    This is in the tiny little town I live in. It hits close to home since I have 4 boys of my own and the youngest is only 6 months.

    ~Mammasweet
    Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities ~ Voltaire

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    God, that's so sad.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    TAMPA, Fla. -- The mother of a 9-month-old baby who drowned in a bathtub is being held on charges she left the infant unattended in the water for more than 25 minutes while discussing a drug deal, authorities said.


    ___________________________________________

    Well, at least she had a good reason.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    ARGHHHHH.

    I think there was more going on than a drug deal discussion. 25 minutes is a very long time.

    That poor little baby.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,205
    This just happened in Milwaukee too -

    http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=654759

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang50 View Post
    This just happened in Milwaukee too -

    http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=654759
    Oh, that one is just as sad.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains
    Posts
    4,182
    There are so many women that want a child so badly, and would take such wonderful care of one. Cherish the child as the gift that they are.

    Then, there are too many women that have children and they don't even realize the gift they have.

    There should be classes you must go to, and a degree earned before you can have a child.


    The pot was more important!

    So very very sad.

    God bless all of the innocent babies and children.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    3,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Ang50 View Post
    This just happened in Milwaukee too -

    http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=654759
    both have dead babies and will break your heart. the big difference i see is in 1 a mom neglected her kids fpr drugs and in the other a 13 year old made a huge mistake. the 13 year old still neglected the babies but at that age they often dont see how their actions can play out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    The first mother should receive serious jail time. This type of thing shows there are some people who just should NOT have children.

    I raised six kids. When they were younger, and this was before wireless phones, if my phone rang or someone came to the door, I just ignored them. I NEVER stepped out of that bathroom when my smaller children were in the tub. NEVER!

    As for the case of the 13yo, I feel sorry for them, and I do not think they should be charged. It was a tragic accident, nothing less. At 13 they just don't get it. They don't realize that their inattention can cost the infants life.

    When my oldest daughter was 15, she was keeping an eye on her two little sisters so I could paint HER bedroom. She put our 1 yo on the bathroom counter in front of the mirror in the bathroom and did her hair. She knew she was NOT supposed to do this, as the little one tended to arch backward and if you weren't in back of her, she could land on the tiled floor. I had just walked past the bathroom with a tray of paint, and told my daughter to immediately take her off the counter.

    You guessed it, my older daughter stepped aside for just a second to look at her make up closer to the mirror. When I heard that loud thump, I immediately KNEW what happened and ran in there.

    Thank God my daughter had put a little pony tale in the little one's hair, I truly believe it saved her life. Of course, she did stop breathing and I had to do CPR until the paramedics arrived. I then had to take her to the hospital for a series of tests. My older daughter came with me and held her little sister as she knew what happened was her fault. Plus, the little one had to have xrays of a variety of sorts.

    It's a good thing my older daughter came along, LOL, as I wasn't able to go in to be with her so she wouldn't be scared, as we hadn't yet told ANYONE we were 'expecting' another additon to the family.

    Some lessons are learned the hard way. It's just too bad in both these instances, it cost a poor baby's life.

    fran

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetmop View Post
    There are so many women that want a child so badly, and would take such wonderful care of one. Cherish the child as the gift that they are.

    Then, there are too many women that have children and they don't even realize the gift they have.

    There should be classes you must go to, and a degree earned before you can have a child.


    The pot was more important!

    So very very sad.

    God bless all of the innocent babies and children.
    No kidding. I may have 4 and have closed up shop having my own but I made my hubby promise me that I would be able to adopt in the future. I would have 20 if I wouldn't go insane.

    Some people just aren't right thus stories like these....

    ~Mammasweet
    Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities ~ Voltaire


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    How traumatic for you to have to have gone through that. I'm sure your daughter was shaken by the accident - but there is something that just shakes the bones of a Mom when her kid is in an emergency. I'm glad everything worked out alright!

    Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    The first mother should receive serious jail time. This type of thing shows there are some people who just should NOT have children.

    I raised six kids. When they were younger, and this was before wireless phones, if my phone rang or someone came to the door, I just ignored them. I NEVER stepped out of that bathroom when my smaller children were in the tub. NEVER!

    As for the case of the 13yo, I feel sorry for them, and I do not think they should be charged. It was a tragic accident, nothing less. At 13 they just don't get it. They don't realize that their inattention can cost the infants life.

    When my oldest daughter was 15, she was keeping an eye on her two little sisters so I could paint HER bedroom. She put our 1 yo on the bathroom counter in front of the mirror in the bathroom and did her hair. She knew she was NOT supposed to do this, as the little one tended to arch backward and if you weren't in back of her, she could land on the tiled floor. I had just walked past the bathroom with a tray of paint, and told my daughter to immediately take her off the counter.

    You guessed it, my older daughter stepped aside for just a second to look at her make up closer to the mirror. When I heard that loud thump, I immediately KNEW what happened and ran in there.

    Thank God my daughter had put a little pony tale in the little one's hair, I truly believe it saved her life. Of course, she did stop breathing and I had to do CPR until the paramedics arrived. I then had to take her to the hospital for a series of tests. My older daughter came with me and held her little sister as she knew what happened was her fault. Plus, the little one had to have xrays of a variety of sorts.

    It's a good thing my older daughter came along, LOL, as I wasn't able to go in to be with her so she wouldn't be scared, as we hadn't yet told ANYONE we were 'expecting' another additon to the family.

    Some lessons are learned the hard way. It's just too bad in both these instances, it cost a poor baby's life.

    fran
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains
    Posts
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by mammasweets View Post
    No kidding. I may have 4 and have closed up shop having my own but I made my hubby promise me that I would be able to adopt in the future. I would have 20 if I wouldn't go insane.

    Some people just aren't right thus stories like these....

    ~Mammasweet

    I'm with you, mammasweets.

    There are some who should not procreate. And, I don't understand why they do.
    I have 3, and I would of had 3 more if my hubby would of agreed! Lol!

    Adoption is wonderful too. I wish you the best with those plans.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,959
    Years ago (late 70's), my parents had a friend who left her baby in the tub to answer the phone. it took only a minute for the baby to drown. She truly didn't mean it and really thought it would be ok, she was only going to be gone a minute and the baby could sit up ok. The family was never the same after that. She found out she was pregnant shortly after. it was a horrible tragedy.

    I have seen what kids can so in the tub while you are watching them and i can't imagine leaving them alone. my son fell in the tub last week (forward) and tried to get up on his own (he is 18 months) it was so slippery he couldn't. I bathe him and his twin together and I can not see leaving 2 toddlers unattended in the tub. it scared the crap out of me, I yanked him up so hard i thought i hurt him, of course that scared him more.

    I have no words for this piece of crap, i can not think of a worse death than drowning, that poor baby must have been so scared.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,959
    Here's our mom of the year
    There are picutes of the deseased baby in her photos, it just broke me heart seeing them.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=210580517

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters View Post
    Here's our mom of the year
    There are picutes of the deseased baby in her photos, it just broke me heart seeing them.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=210580517
    So, do you think all the guys in her pics are dealers or just friends. Or both.

    The children are adorable. Too bad one is not with us anymore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY MN - Azaria Jones, 6, drowned in bathtub, St Paul, 23 Dec 2014
    By PastTense in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-03-2016, 06:42 PM
  2. AZ - Mom says she drowned twin boys in bathtub
    By JoeFromLB in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-03-2016, 01:51 AM
  3. GUILTY IA - Markis Dahms, 15 mos, drowned in bathtub, Onawa, 11 Feb 2012
    By peeples in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-07-2015, 10:51 PM
  4. NOT GUILTY OH - Janelle Cintron, 4, & Cecess Hill, 2, drowned in bathtub, 1 Oct 2007 *Insanity*
    By Taximom in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 09-30-2015, 07:40 PM
  5. GUILTY FL - Ishan Patel, 1, drowned in bathtub, Lakeland, 16 Feb 2012
    By Reader in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-09-2015, 01:21 PM

Tags for this Thread