GUILTY FL - Gene Vincent Kent, 9 mo, drowned in bathtub, Seffner, 3 Aug 2007

TAMPA, Fla. -- The mother of a 9-month-old baby who drowned in a bathtub is being held on charges she left the infant unattended in the water for more than 25 minutes while discussing a drug deal, authorities said.

Well, at least she had a good reason. :furious: :furious: :furious:

ARGHHHHH.

I think there was more going on than a drug deal discussion. 25 minutes is a very long time.

That poor little baby.

There are so many women that want a child so badly, and would take such wonderful care of one. Cherish the child as the gift that they are.

Then, there are too many women that have children and they don't even realize the gift they have.

There should be classes you must go to, and a degree earned before you can have a child.

The pot was more important!

So very very sad.

God bless all of the innocent babies and children.

The first mother should receive serious jail time. This type of thing shows there are some people who just should NOT have children.

I raised six kids. When they were younger, and this was before wireless phones, if my phone rang or someone came to the door, I just ignored them. I NEVER stepped out of that bathroom when my smaller children were in the tub. NEVER!

As for the case of the 13yo, I feel sorry for them, and I do not think they should be charged. It was a tragic accident, nothing less. At 13 they just don't get it. They don't realize that their inattention can cost the infants life.

When my oldest daughter was 15, she was keeping an eye on her two little sisters so I could paint HER bedroom. She put our 1 yo on the bathroom counter in front of the mirror in the bathroom and did her hair. She knew she was NOT supposed to do this, as the little one tended to arch backward and if you weren't in back of her, she could land on the tiled floor. I had just walked past the bathroom with a tray of paint, and told my daughter to immediately take her off the counter.

You guessed it, my older daughter stepped aside for just a second to look at her make up closer to the mirror. When I heard that loud thump, I immediately KNEW what happened and ran in there.

Thank God my daughter had put a little pony tale in the little one's hair, I truly believe it saved her life. Of course, she did stop breathing and I had to do CPR until the paramedics arrived. I then had to take her to the hospital for a series of tests. My older daughter came with me and held her little sister as she knew what happened was her fault. Plus, the little one had to have xrays of a variety of sorts.

It's a good thing my older daughter came along, LOL, as I wasn't able to go in to be with her so she wouldn't be scared, as we hadn't yet told ANYONE we were 'expecting' another additon to the family. :)

Some lessons are learned the hard way. It's just too bad in both these instances, it cost a poor baby's life. :(

fran

There are so many women that want a child so badly, and would take such wonderful care of one. Cherish the child as the gift that they are.

Then, there are too many women that have children and they don't even realize the gift they have.

There should be classes you must go to, and a degree earned before you can have a child.

The pot was more important!

So very very sad.

God bless all of the innocent babies and children.

No kidding. I may have 4 and have closed up shop having my own but I made my hubby promise me that I would be able to adopt in the future. I would have 20 if I wouldn't go insane.

Some people just aren't right thus stories like these....

~Mammasweet

How traumatic for you to have to have gone through that. I'm sure your daughter was shaken by the accident - but there is something that just shakes the bones of a Mom when her kid is in an emergency. I'm glad everything worked out alright!

The first mother should receive serious jail time. This type of thing shows there are some people who just should NOT have children.

I raised six kids. When they were younger, and this was before wireless phones, if my phone rang or someone came to the door, I just ignored them. I NEVER stepped out of that bathroom when my smaller children were in the tub. NEVER!

As for the case of the 13yo, I feel sorry for them, and I do not think they should be charged. It was a tragic accident, nothing less. At 13 they just don't get it. They don't realize that their inattention can cost the infants life.

When my oldest daughter was 15, she was keeping an eye on her two little sisters so I could paint HER bedroom. She put our 1 yo on the bathroom counter in front of the mirror in the bathroom and did her hair. She knew she was NOT supposed to do this, as the little one tended to arch backward and if you weren't in back of her, she could land on the tiled floor. I had just walked past the bathroom with a tray of paint, and told my daughter to immediately take her off the counter.

You guessed it, my older daughter stepped aside for just a second to look at her make up closer to the mirror. When I heard that loud thump, I immediately KNEW what happened and ran in there.

Thank God my daughter had put a little pony tale in the little one's hair, I truly believe it saved her life. Of course, she did stop breathing and I had to do CPR until the paramedics arrived. I then had to take her to the hospital for a series of tests. My older daughter came with me and held her little sister as she knew what happened was her fault. Plus, the little one had to have xrays of a variety of sorts.

It's a good thing my older daughter came along, LOL, as I wasn't able to go in to be with her so she wouldn't be scared, as we hadn't yet told ANYONE we were 'expecting' another additon to the family. :)

Some lessons are learned the hard way. It's just too bad in both these instances, it cost a poor baby's life. :(

fran

No kidding. I may have 4 and have closed up shop having my own but I made my hubby promise me that I would be able to adopt in the future. I would have 20 if I wouldn't go insane.

Some people just aren't right thus stories like these....

~Mammasweet

I'm with you, mammasweets.

There are some who should not procreate. And, I don't understand why they do.
I have 3, and I would of had 3 more if my hubby would of agreed! Lol!

Adoption is wonderful too. I wish you the best with those plans.

Years ago (late 70's), my parents had a friend who left her baby in the tub to answer the phone. it took only a minute for the baby to drown. She truly didn't mean it and really thought it would be ok, she was only going to be gone a minute and the baby could sit up ok. The family was never the same after that. She found out she was pregnant shortly after. it was a horrible tragedy.

I have seen what kids can so in the tub while you are watching them and i can't imagine leaving them alone. my son fell in the tub last week (forward) and tried to get up on his own (he is 18 months) it was so slippery he couldn't. I bathe him and his twin together and I can not see leaving 2 toddlers unattended in the tub. it scared the crap out of me, I yanked him up so hard i thought i hurt him, of course that scared him more.

I have no words for this piece of crap, i can not think of a worse death than drowning, that poor baby must have been so scared.

both have dead babies and will break your heart. the big difference i see is in 1 a mom neglected her kids fpr drugs and in the other a 13 year old made a huge mistake. the 13 year old still neglected the babies but at that age they often dont see how their actions can play out.

Although we look upon it as neglect ... I would say the 13 yo was probably trying to help his over tired aunt take care of the babies. I don't think it was deliberate neglect nor that he had any notion it would be dangerous to leave them Afterall the adult in the home felt it OK to nap.

She should not have been sleeping when she had babies to watch and the 17 YO WTF??
If anyone was helping it should have been HIM.

atleast she has found time to log in since the baby died. i would just feel horrible if the death of her child had kept her off myspace.

i admit i dont know much about myspace so i'll ask 1 of you. please please tell me the pot add on her myspace is spam.

atleast she has found time to log in since the baby died. i would just feel horrible if the death of her child had kept her off myspace.

i admit i dont know much about myspace so i'll ask 1 of you. please please tell me the pot add on her myspace is spam.

I doubt it.
I am no pro at myspace but I believe one usually approved all things posted there.

it may be, I recived a comment for a friend who's account had been "phished" and it one was for some sort of pot and the other for penis enlargement and i deleted them both.

I didn't even notice she had logged in, what a horrid person.

I doubt it.
I am no pro at myspace but I believe one usually approved all things posted there.
You can have your page set to approve comments beofre they get posted. Some have it some don't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back