FL FL - Broward Co, Human Remains off U.S. 27, Aug'07

Ms Suzanne

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know more on this or can please keep me updated on this?

Human Remains Unearthed In Broward
(CBS4) SOUTHWEST RANCHES There is an investigation underway in Southwest Ranches where the skeletal remains of a human have been found.

They were located just south of Stirling Road on the east side of the road.

According to BSO, landscapers made the discovery Wednesday morning and quickly called police.

The body was fully clothed, according to investigators. The remains were taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office where the ME will have to determine the cause of death and identity of the person, if possible.
http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_241105616.html

Chilling article. It said that about 100 cases of remains found (in that area)go unsolved because no identity is established. To think how hard we look for missing persons and to know that their fate could be sealed because of a less than perfect national database for identifying remains.

<sigh> That is disheartening! Doesn't it make you wish we could recover the bones and figure out ways ourselves to match them to the missing? Surely, there has to be SOME way to do that. DNA should always be recovered and try to be matched if possible. Are dental records from the missing put into a database like NCIC like fingerprints and DNA? How does that work exactly?

<sigh> That is disheartening! Doesn't it make you wish we could recover the bones and figure out ways ourselves to match them to the missing? Surely, there has to be SOME way to do that. DNA should always be recovered and try to be matched if possible. Are dental records from the missing put into a database like NCIC like fingerprints and DNA? How does that work exactly?

Dental records can go in the NCIC.

For close to two years, I have begged for volunteers on our Campaign for the Missing. Having this passed in each state would ensure these sorts of things would not happen.

Everyone wants to talk, but few want to do. (I am not directing that at anyone in particular, but in general.)

Dental records can go in the NCIC.

For close to two years, I have begged for volunteers on our Campaign for the Missing. Having this passed in each state would ensure these sorts of things would not happen.

Everyone wants to talk, but few want to do. (I am not directing that at anyone in particular, but in general.)

Dang it, you beat me too, was getting my links to paste Campaing for the Missing!!!

You ROCK Kelly!

Get involved with Project Jason's Campaign for the Missing in your State! Together we can all make a difference!

The links are dead but I think this man has been identified as well.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/crime_scene/2007/09/few-clues-in-id.html

The Broward Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in identifying the skeletal remains of a man's body found last week by landscapers in Southwest Ranches.

Near the bones, detectives found the camoflauge hat pictured above. It reads, "Broward Power Train Co. Inc., Ft. Lauderdale, FLA."

A backpack and a pair of sneakers - size 10 - were also found nearby.

BSO says the remains belong to a man who was wearing a dark blue pullover shirt and dark blue pants with an elastic waistband.

The remains were found last Wednesday in the brush and weeds along the northbound lanes of U.S. 27, just north of Sheridan Street.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/crime_scene/2007/09/few-clues-in-id.html#ixzz1CbgmDqM7

The dates given here are vague but I found a discussion that says this discovery was made on Wednesday August 29. The link given is dead as usual.

Now, there is no such UID in Namus and DN says:
Identified
The victim was located on August 29, 2007 in Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida. He was identified in 2009 by fingerprints.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/identified11.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back