1313 users online (197 members and 1116 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 233
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,076

    MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, Holland, 11 March 1989

    Aundria Michelle Bowman
    Missing since March 11, 1989 from Hamilton, Allegan County, Michigan.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

    Vital Statistics

    Date Of Birth: June 23, 1974
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 115 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes. She may have bleached her hair blonde.
    Marks, Scars: She has peirced ears.
    AKA: Alex; Alexis
    Dentals: Partial dental records available

    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Aundria was last seen in Hamilton, Michigan on March 11, 1989. She was born in New Orleans, Louisiana and was placed for adoption at the age of five months. After a period in foster care, she was adopted by the Bowman family at age 21 months.

    Aundria disappeared shortly after she accused her adoptive father of assaulting her. He was already on parole at the time for an unrelated offense. Her last confirmed location was reported by her father, who said she'd stolen some money from the house before she left. There were possible sightings of Aundria in the Holland area in the days following her disappearance. It's unclear whether her disappearance was related to the abuse allegations. Investigators believe she left of her own accord, but her biological mother fears she met with foul play. Few details are available in her case.

    Investigators
    If you have any information concerning Bowman's whereabouts, please contact:
    Allegan County Sheriff's Office Missing Persons Unit
    616-673-5441 OR 269-673-0500
    Email: sheriff@allegancounty.org

    All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

    NCMEC #: NCMC601760
    NCIC Number: M-414252008
    Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

    Source Information:
    The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
    The Doe Network: Case File 184DFMI

    LINK:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/184dfmi.html
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-23-2016 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Updated Loc LKA and Circumstances

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    977

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,076

    20 years ago...

    Aundria Michele Bowman has been missing for over 20 years now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Where the rainbow ends
    Posts
    184
    If she ran away from a youth home and is now an adult, no real reason anymore for her to keep her ID secret, assuming she's still living. There's an Aundria Bowman living in Birmingham, and several Alexis Bowmans all over the country.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,076

    Probably more to the story...

    Quote Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
    If she ran away from a youth home and is now an adult, no real reason anymore for her to keep her ID secret, assuming she's still living. There's an Aundria Bowman living in Birmingham, and several Alexis Bowmans all over the country.
    Technically speaking, you are correct in that she could come forward and clear things up. I am thinking that there has to be more to the story than what is posted.

    The fact that she was adopted might indicate that she had issues or problems adjusting. And the fact that she was in a youth home tends to confirm that. We just do not know what those issues were.

    If she was facing juvenile charges of some sort, she might have run and stayed under cover to avoid them. But it is also quite possible that she was the victim of foul play.

    I just find it hard to believe that a 14 year old child with problems could just up and run away and then the world becomes a better place for her and she blends into suburbia.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Where the rainbow ends
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If she was facing juvenile charges of some sort, she might have run and stayed under cover to avoid them. But it is also quite possible that she was the victim of foul play.
    True, on both counts. If she were alive and well, would she not know that there is a statute of limitations on most crimes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I just find it hard to believe that a 14 year old child with problems could just up and run away and then the world becomes a better place for her and she blends into suburbia.
    Unfortunately, also true. Before the advent of databases, DNA and Social Security numbers, it probably happened more often than it does now. A young girl on her own is all too likely to meet with the foul play that you suggest. I am currently helping my X's kids to find their lost sister, but she is/was developmentally challenged and overly fond of, and trusting of, men of a certain type. I've told them to prepare for the worst

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    Posts
    530
    Wow, it's been so many years. I wonder if she is still alive, were is she and how is she doing?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Zeeland, MI
    Posts
    55
    This one hits very close to home. I knew this girl from school. She was an outcast and the target of bullying. We were just starting to become friends when she up and vanished. Rumors around the school were that she was seen at the local truck stop getting in a semi. I myself would love for this case to be solved. Deep down inside though I feel it never will.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southwestern PA
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Varye View Post
    This one hits very close to home. I knew this girl from school. She was an outcast and the target of bullying. We were just starting to become friends when she up and vanished. Rumors around the school were that she was seen at the local truck stop getting in a semi. I myself would love for this case to be solved. Deep down inside though I feel it never will.
    Hi Varye,

    On the Unidentified forum, one of the members turned in a possible match comparing an UID to Aundria. Let us know what you think. Here is the link. Warning, some of these pictures are a little disturbing.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=65381&page=8

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Zeeland, MI
    Posts
    55
    Well it sure looks like it could be her except for the small gap between her two front teeth.

    She had a run in with a girl in school just before she disappeared and girl stomped on her foot so badly it was bleeding and very very swollen. I am convinced it was fractured if not broken. It was right after that when she vanished so I don't know how bad her foot was. If it was in fact fractured, would it show on an autopsy??


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1
    Did she have any dealings with Allendale,Michigan?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Zeeland, MI
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by shellshokd View Post
    Did she have any dealings with Allendale,Michigan?
    Not that I'm aware of.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Varye View Post
    This one hits very close to home. I knew this girl from school. She was an outcast and the target of bullying. We were just starting to become friends when she up and vanished. Rumors around the school were that she was seen at the local truck stop getting in a semi. I myself would love for this case to be solved. Deep down inside though I feel it never will.
    Varye:

    You say she was an outcast and the target of bullying. This is an interesting detail because the Racine WI Jane Doe was said to have been possibly developmentally disabled.

    Did Aundria seem to be of normal intelligence? Was she an "outcast" possibly because she might have been seen by others as slow or of subpar intelligence?

    Quote Originally Posted by Varye View Post
    Well it sure looks like it could be her except for the small gap between her two front teeth.
    My impression is that it is not a gap between Racine Jane Doe's teeth, but rather, staining between the teeth from poor dental hygene.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 05-13-2013 at 11:08 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Zeeland, MI
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Varye:

    You say she was an outcast and the target of bullying. This is an interesting detail because Racine Jane Doe was said to have been possibly developmentally disabled.

    Did Aundria seem to be of normal intelligence? Was she an "outcast" possibly because she might have been seen by others as slow or of subpar intelligence?



    My impression is that it is not a gap between Racine Jane Doe's teeth, but rather, staining between the teeth from poor dental hygene.
    It has been so many years I really can't recall. She may have been a little slow. I do remember she was very gullible. There was 1 girl in particular that bullied her to no end.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 05-13-2013 at 11:09 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,076

    Aundria Bowman on Michigan State Police Website

    Her disappearance is still an active and open case with the Michigan State Police

    ----------------------------------

    Aundria Bowman

    (Photo at link)

    Missing from: Hamilton and/or Holland, Mich.
    Birth: June 23, 1974
    Race: White
    Gender: Female
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 115lbs
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Green

    Aundria Bowman was last seen on March 11, 1989, around Hamilton, Mich. There were also unconfirmed sightings of her in the following days around Holland, Mich. To date, Ms. Bowman has not been located. She was 15 years old at the time of her disappearance and would be 34 years old today. She may also go by Alex or Alexis.

    Anyone with information is asked to contact Allegan County Cold Case members Det. Pat Oreilly at (269) 673-0500 ext. 4263 or Det. Tpr. Scott Ernstes at (269) 792-2213 ext. 346.

    Information may also be sent via e-mail to silentobserver@allegancounty.org or sheriff@allegancounty.org.


    Source:

    Michigan State Police Official Website

    LINK:

    http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7...000---,00.html

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CA CA - Tommy Bowman, 8, Altadena, 23 March 1957
    By camracrazy in forum Pre-1960's Missing
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-20-2017, 12:17 PM
  2. NY NY - Bryana, 13, & Erik Bowman, 9, Queens, 23 April 2010
    By summer_breeze in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 01:18 PM
  3. MI Aundria Michelle Bowman (14) - Holland MI, 1989
    By sweetpea657 in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 11:53 PM

Tags for this Thread