Presumed Located OH - Edward Melanson, 4, Hubbard, 12 Aug 2007

JanetElaine

Reaction score
HUBBARD — City resident Richard Melanson is searching for answers to two questions: How was his former live-in girlfriend able to smuggle his son aboard a plane and leave the country? And, when will he see the 4-year-old boy again?
City police and the FBI have issued arrest warrants for Kyong-Mi Lee, Melanson’s former live-in girlfriend and mother of his son Edward. The two are now believed to be somewhere in South Korea.
(www.vindy.com, more in print and online tomorrow)

Edward's page from NCMEC:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

NCMC1077194c1.jpg

General Information
Male
Date of Birth: 07-12-2003
Height: 3'6" (107 cm)
Weight: 36 lbs (16 kg)
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

Suspect Information
KYONG-MI LEE
DOB: Sep 18, 1971
Sex: Female
Race: Asian
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'3" (160 cm)
Weight: 105 lbs (48 kg)

NCMC1077194a1.jpg

I was talking to someone at GBI this week and she mentioned an org here in GA, the man who runs it mostly deals with parental/out of country abductions, IIRC. I am not sure if he only deals w/GA cases or not. I will talk to her and pass along this info. Not sure it will help, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks, Christine! Who knows what might come of it.

The longer story: http://www.vindy.com/content/local_regional/347490769432070.php

Melanson feels another passport may have been obtained for his son under the name Hanuel Lee, a name appearing as an alias for the boy on paperwork from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. He is hoping any loopholes that allowed his son to travel abroad without a custodial parent will be closed.

"I just don't understand how she got my son out of the country. I don't want this to happen to anyone else," he said.

Interesting: the boy's page has been removed from the NCMEC's website. Wonder what that means....

Hoppy

Article dated June 11, 2008

As of the date above Edward Lee was still out of the USA.

http://public.cq.com/docs/cqt/news110-000002895234.html

...Meanwhile, Voinovich is protesting on behalf of Ohio resident Richard Melanson, whose son Eddie was allegedly abducted to South Korea by Kyong Mi Lee, the boy’s mother, after a custody dispute in 2007.

Voinovich’s office has been working with Melanson and the State Department to try to bring Eddie back to the United States and extradite Lee, who faces a federal child abduction warrant, an aide to Voinovich said.

But the South Korean government — not a party to the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction — has refused to help locate the child or act on the U.S. warrant, according to the aide.

“What we’re trying to do is to get the attention of the Korean government to participate in trying to catch her and extradite them back to the United States,” Voinovich said...

I can't find an article dated later than the above. I did see a poster that replied to an article about the child in brazil that was taken during a custody battle and that poster claimed to be Edward lee's father and claimed that the child was still in S. Korea dated june 2009.

It appears he isn't missing but rather is with his non-custodial mother in S. Korea at this time and diplomats are negotiating his return. To no avail.

I am Eddie's father, Richard Melanson. It has been over 2 years now since my son has been kidnapped. I have seen my son once in person for about 2 minutes in the last 2 years. He told me he loves me but he has to stay with his mommy. He kept repeating, "Daddy I have to stay with mommy". That visit took place last year when I tried using the Korea Courts. I went in as the plaintiff and with in 15 minutes ended up as the defendant. It was a very ugly situation.

I did have brief contact with my son by way of a web cam but Ms. Lee and her family put a stop to that unless I paid a large monthly sum.(extortion). I need help and all the attention I can get. I have the last 2 years documented and will share this with anyone who thinks they may be able to assist with the safe return of Eddie.

Senator Voinovich will be retiring soon. I honestly do not know what is going to happen. I have not heard from anyone since July 13th, 2009. On that day a meeting was to take place with Korean Officials and the State Department. I still do not know if or what took place.

I do greatly appreciate those who have tried to help in our Government. I have a hard time comprehending why more has not been done or when the Korean's out right lie about what is going on nothing is done about it.

Please help me. I have just came across this web sight that is why this is the first time I have reached out here.

Richard Melanson

Richard- I am so sorry for what you are going through. Have you reached out to David Goldman whose son Sean was kidnapped by his mother, who then died, and he remains living with the stepfather in Brazil? He got alot of press, and continues to do so- he may know alot of people who could step up for you. I think he lives in New Jersey.

Good Luck.

Galvino, I have followed the Goldman saga. Friends of mine have try contacting him. I do not want to take away from his tragedy, but I do need his help. I have personally ask Senator Voinovich and others to put sanctions on Brazil.

Forthelost, NCMEC removed my son for reason I prefer not to explain over the internet but I understand and agree.

On Facebook....BRING BACK EDDIE....(Not sure if I could post the link).

There is no listing for Edward Melanson on Namus. (?)

So sad. It makes me sick that other countries allow people to steal children away from their custodial parents like this. I hope his father can see him again soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back