775 users online (132 members and 643 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Driver Saves Girls From Possible Attack

TAMPA Seeing "a sweaty guy" chasing two teenage girls down North 15th Street Friday morning, Sharonda Wilson said she knew she had to help.

It was about 5:50 a.m. when Wilson, 27, pulled over her 1998 Buick after seeing the girls running in the street. Their backpacks were on the ground behind them, and "they were screaming their lungs out," she said. "Something told me to stop."

Wilson quickly popped open the car door and called to the girls, "Get in! Hurry up! Get in!"

The girls, sisters ages 14 and 15, scrambled inside, crying and shaking. Angry, Wilson said she confronted the man.

"I'm, like, all in his face," she recalled. She asked him, "What are you doing? What are you going to do with them?"

Tampa police asked the man those same questions Friday after an officer driving past the confrontation noticed Wilson yelling and intervened.

Police charged Noel Jerry Toledano, 41, of Tampa with two misdemeanor counts of assault, saying he accosted the girls at the bus stop for Wharton High School.

The girls had been walking to the bus stop on North 15th Street near 113th Avenue when Toledano approached, yelling, "Come here, I'm going to get you," according to police.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/aug...?news-breaking

There is nothing that touches me like a good samaritan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    ~~ snipped for effect

"I'm, like, all in his face," she recalled. She asked him, "What are you doing? What are you going to do with them?"

"It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~~ JA

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Bravo, Sharonda Wilson!! It's so nice to hear a good outcome to what could be a horrific situation. Bet those poor girls were scared!!

What a brave lady to confront him like that! Good for her! I'm glad she didn't get hurt.

God Bless Ms. Wilson!!!

wow kudos to this brave woman.. things could have been different had she not been there or intervened .. or if it had escalated. They were all lucky the police were in the area at the time. Those girls are very lucky to have such a gardian angel walking amongst us..

So glad she was there and also incredibly grateful that the officer happened by when he did. Can you imagine if the guy had been armed and turned on all of them?

SCARY STUFF! She is a hero!

ETA: WTF? Are there really kids waiting for the bus at 5 something in the morning???

Good for her. It just goes to show that the average citizen can make a real difference in someone else's life. What a brave woman. I like her.

Way to go, Sharonda!!!!!! What a good and brave lady!!!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    AngelMom, it was 5:50 am. If I let my son ride the bus in the mornings, he would have to be at the bus stop at 6:15 and would have a 10 to 15 minute walk (still dark in the winter time). I would rather let him sleep longer and take him to school myself because all he would be doing is riding the bus for an hour and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    AngelMom, it was 5:50 am. If I let my son ride the bus in the mornings, he would have to be at the bus stop at 6:15 and would have a 10 to 15 minute walk (still dark in the winter time). I would rather let him sleep longer and take him to school myself because all he would be doing is riding the bus for an hour and a half.
    OMG! I think it is obscene that the public school bus here comes at 6:50! The kids don't start until 7:55, so it is just a huge waste of time IMHO. Some people think it is a pain that our school doesn't have a bus, but we only live a mile away and don't leave until around 7:30 every morning. I cannot imagine having to wake them up at 5. What time do they go to bed? Or more likely, how tired are they all the time???

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post

So glad she was there and also incredibly grateful that the officer happened by when he did. Can you imagine if the guy had been armed and turned on all of them?

SCARY STUFF! She is a hero!

ETA: WTF? Are there really kids waiting for the bus at 5 something in the morning???
    That popped into my head also. I'm not sure I would have gotten within 15 feet of the guy.

Crypto6

School boards claim they have to stagger the starting times for the schools so the buses can be used for several different routes during the day. Therefore highschool kids are are standing in the dark from as early as 5 thirty a.m. until 6 thirty to arrive and start school at 7 a.m. Who in the world can learn at 7 a.m. in the morning.?
    Personally I think this is child abuse to require children to walk to and stand at a bus stop in the dark. Last year in a town south of us a young man was run over and killed by a motorist at 6 am walking along the road in front of his house. And I complain abt walking back and forth twice a day in the snow when we were kids, and oh yeah, you weren't allowed to wear pants.
    I think the school system all over this country needs to held responsible for their actions. Their priorities have always been off base.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast