WA WA - Kassee Ann Lee, 16, Seattle, 28 Aug 1982

Richard

Reaction score
Kassee Ann Lee
Missing since August 28, 1982 from Seattle, King County, Washington.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 26, 1966
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5;4; 108 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scar on right cheek.
Dentals: Available.
Clothing: Lee was last seen wearing red shorts; a white blouse; and blue sandals. She was carrying a brown purse.
AKA: Rachel Marie Chinery, Wanda Marie Mercury, Cynthia Marie
Other: DNA available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Lee lived in the area of South 208th Street and 30th Avenue South between Kent and the Sea-Tac airport. She left her residence to go to the store on August 28, 1982. She was last seen in the Sea-Tac International Airport area at approximately 11:30 PM that evening. Her husband reported her missing.

She left home to go to the Mark and Pack store with $20 and did not return. She worked for Photomat and her parents lived in Spokane.
She may have been a victim of the Green River Serial Killer, Gary Ridgeway.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Lee's whereabouts, please contact:
King County Sheriff's Office
206-296-7692

Email: MCUtips.kcso@metrokc.gov

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 82176365
NCIC Number: N/A
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

California Department of Justice
Seattle Post-Intelligencer
King County Sheriff's Office
The Doe Network: Case File 382DFWA

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/382dfwa.html

Does anyone know if she was a prostitute? I know it doesn't matter much, but all the different names for her seems odd. If thats the case I guess it is very likely that she is one of Ridgeway's? Did he lead police to all of the bodies? Were there some he forgot?

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/147109_ridgwayunsolved06.html
Thursday, November 6, 2003

The seven are:

Amina Agisheff, 36. Last seen July 7, 1982, leaving her mom's apartment at Fourth Avenue and Pine Street in downtown Seattle. Remains found April 18, 1984, near state Route 18 and Interstate 90.

Kassee Ann Lee, 16. Last seen Aug. 28, 1982, at 11:30 a.m. at her South King County home by her husband. Remains not found.

Rebecca T. Marrero, 20. Last seen Dec. 3, 1982, at Western Six Motel on Pacific Highway South. Remains not found.

Tammie Charlene Liles, 16. Last seen June 9, 1983, downtown Seattle. Remains found April 23, 1985, in Tualatin, Ore., south of Portland.

Keli K. McGinness, 18. Last seen June 28, 1983, on Pacific Highway South. Remains not found.

Patricia Anne Osborn. Last seen Oct. 20, 1983, 11500 block of Aurora Avenue North, Seattle. Remains not found.

A set of unidentified remains of a young woman or girl.

Court documents say investigators strongly suspect Ridgway in the deaths of McGinness, Lee and Osborn, all three known to be prostitutes on the airport strip of Pacific Highway South.

Does anyone know if she was a prostitute? I know it doesn't matter much, but all the different names for her seems odd. If thats the case I guess it is very likely that she is one of Ridgeway's? Did he lead police to all of the bodies? Were there some he forgot?

I think her husband was a pimp with the nickname "Pretty Tony." Even so, I don't think there was proof that Kassee Ann Lee was a prostitute. Gary Ridgway doesn't seem to remember his victims very well (more by race, hair color, and what shift he was working at Kirkland than by names and faces). It's possible that he forgot where he put some of his victims. I don't mean to be morbid, but I wonder how much would be left of a body in the Pacific Northwest after 29 years?

Ridgeway is thought to be responsible for over 60 women's slayings and he was tried for 48. He killed so many, I doubt he remembers the all.

I wish Ridgeway would remember where she is. Her along with kelli McGinness and the rest!

Unfortunately, the details that he remembers about the victims are vague (race, hair color, etc). According to LE, when he was questioned about where she was Gary Ridgway constantly confused Keli McGinness with another victim (I think April Buttram, but I am not 100% sure).

Kasee Ann Lee
KLee.jpg
KALee1.jpg
KALee2.jpg

Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: August 28, 1982
Location Last Seen: Seattle, King County, Washington
Date of Birth: February 26, 1966
Race: White
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 108 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde/Strawberry
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Kasee has scars nears her nose, on her right cheek, and near one of her eyebrows. She may use the aliases Rachel Marie Chinery, Cynthia Marie Lee, Kay Martin, Wanda Marie Mercury, Jennifer Michelle O'Neal, Amanda May Stevenson and/or Dase Ann Woods. Some agencies give her name as "Kase."

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Clothing: Red shorts, white blouse.
Additional Personal Items: Blue sandals, brown purse. Carrying $20.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Kasee worked as a prostitute in south Seattle, Washington in 1982. She had also worked for a Photomat franchise. She left the residence she shared with her husband on August 28, 1982 to walk to a nearby store for dinner supplies. She was last seen at approximately 11:30 p.m. in the area of the Sea-Tac International Airport.

Kasee carried a brown purse and $20 cash with her at the time of her disappearance. She has never been seen again. Her husband and pimp, Anthony "Pretty Tony" Lee, reported her missing two days after she was last seen. Her parents lived in Spokane, Washington.

Kasee may have been a victim of the Green River serial killer. Other possible victims of the murderer may include Patricia Osborn, Patricia LeBlanc, Kristi Vorak, Deborah Wims, Louise Sanders and Keli McGinness.

Gary Allen Ridgway was charged with aggravated murder in four of the deaths linked to the Green River killer(s) in December 2001. Photos of Ridgway are posted with this case summary. He had been one of the suspects in the case since 1984. Authorities questioned him that year after witnesses placed him with two of the victims and his pickup truck was identified as being at the scene of the victims' last known locations.

Ridgway's home was searched in 1987 and he provided a saliva sample at that time. DNA testing was performed on the saliva in 2001 and matched three of the victims: Opal Mills, Marcia Chapman and Cynthia Hinds. The women's bodies had been discovered in the Green River near Seattle in August 1982. Ridgway was connected to the fourth victim, Carol Christensen, through circumstantial evidence.

Ridgway was arrested twice for soliciting prostitution; once in 1982 and again in October 2001. Many of the Green River victims were runaways or prostitutes. A 1980 charge against Ridgway was dropped when a prostitute claimed he choked her. Ridgway told authorities that he attacked her in self-defense, as she was allegedly biting him. One of his former wives came forward after his 2001 arrest and claimed that Ridgway preferred to have sexual relations outdoors. She also said that he often employed a chokehold while engaged in sexual activity. A prostitute who stated Ridgway paid her for sex in the early 1980s supported the story, stating that he attempted to choke her during intercourse.

Ridgway's residence and his parents' home were searched after his 2001 arrest. Authorities discovered an envelope containing bone fragments, tufts of human hair, numerous blood stains, boxes of latex gloves, costume jewelry and several wigs. Many of the assumed Green River victims were missing jewelry and/or wigs at the time their remains were discovered. Ridgway is married and his neighbors considered him to be a family-oriented individual. Profilers have said that he does not fit the mold of most accused serial killers, as he did not seek attention for his crimes.

In a surprise move, Ridgway pleaded guilty to 48 counts of murder in November 2003. He agreed to cooperate with authorities in exchange for them dropping the death penalty specifications against him. Ridgway will serve life in prison with parole instead of facing execution.

Many investigators believe Ridgway was responsible for more deaths than he claims. Authorities are continuing to investigate the cases of missing and murdered young women in Washington state, which they believe may be tied to Ridgway. If they can prove he was responsible for any murders outside of King County, he could be prosecuted and face the death penalty.

Foul play is suspected in Kasee's disappearance due to the circumstances involved.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: King County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Thomas Jensen
Agency Phone Number: 206-205-3432
Agency E-Mail: MCUtips.kcso@metrokc.gov
Agency Case Number: 82-176365

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics