1158 users online (228 members and 930 guests)  

Websleuths News

Fall River, MA

AL - Brenda Green, 15, Brookwood, 2 July 1988

Brenda Kay Green

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: July 2, 1988 from Brookwood, Alabama
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: November 7, 1972
    Height and Weight: 5'2, 106 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Green may dye her hair blonde, as shown in one of the photographs above. She has a scar on her left eyebrow.

Details of DisappearanceGreen departed from her family's residence in Brookwood, Alabama on July 2, 1988. She was accompanied by an unidentified male at the time. Green told her mother she was going to visit friends who lived in Abernant, Alabama, approximately ten miles northeast of her family's home. Green was last seen at a residence across the street from Hosmer's Grocery on Highway 216 in Abernant later during the day. She was dropped off by one of her friends at the house to visit other friends, but her friends weren't home and Green's driver left her standing on the doorstep. She has never been heard from again. Authorities believe she disappeared under suspicious circumstances. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office

Somewhere in the deep south
    Aug 35, 2002

One summer night in July 1988, Brenda Kay Green left her Brookwood home and never returned. Fourteen years later, hers is the only missing person case from Tuscaloosa County that remains unsolved.

Brenda's parents, Larry and Betty Green, say they have given up hope that their daughter will be found alive. "We thought she was alive for a long time; now we just assume she is dead," Betty Green said Friday. Fifteen year old Brenda left her home in Brookwood the afternoon of July 2, 1988. Her friend Wayne Dickey dropped her off at a home where some friends lived across from Hosmer's Grocery on Alabama Hwy 216. Dickey later told police that the friends weren't home and that he left her waiting on the front steps.

Brenda called home around 9:30pm and said she would be gone awhile longer. "That's the last I heard from her, and she never returned," her mother wrote in a statement to The Tuscaloosa News.

It was not believed that Brenda was kidnapped. She is listed as missing and endangered.

"A lot of time has passed with no word from her. That in itself is not a good sign," said Tuscaloosa County Metro Homicide Until commander Lt. Loyd Baker. He said there were no suspects in her disappearance."Investigators interviewed everyone who was involved with her. There was no evidence to show that they were involved in her disappearance," he said.

Betty Green said she and her husband were frustrated with the way the case was handled by authorities and the media. "I feel that the Sheriff's department and the Youth Aid department did not do an adequate job searching for her in the beginning," she said. She said officers treated the case as that of a runaway teenager, not a missing person.

"Yes, she had a history of running away as they classified it, but they did not know my daughter; they only went by hearsay of the other children," she said.

"She wasn't a runaway. She got mad at us a couple of times and left when she did not her way. She was never hard to find; a couple of calls and we knew where she was."

Baker was working in the Sheriff's Office's juvenile division in 1998, on the 10th anniversary of Brenda's disappearance.

Source: The Tuscaloosa Newspaper.

Somewhere in the deep south
    A snip from another Tuscaloosa Newspaper - dated July 9, 1998.

Brenda's boyfriend, who moved to Winston County, was suppose to pick her up the day she went missing, but her mother said he never arrived.

"She waited and waited for him but he never showed up and she was very upset about that. That's when she left with a male friend to go to Abernat," said Mrs. Green.

The friend who picked Brenda up later told police he dropped her off at another friend's house in the area. He said he doesn't know what happened to her afterwards.

Illinois/St. Louis Metro Area
    for Brenda, missing 25 years today.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has provided an age-progressed photo simulation for Green, who would be 40 now.

Here a , there a , everywhere a

Most probably is just someone trolling the comments, but take a look at the one of August 13th, 2013 at 04:34PM:

YU Mad-bro August 13, 2013 at 04:34 PM
    "I left home at 15, and have not spoken to anyone in my family for 25 years. A couple of years ago I seen my picture in the missing database. I get a good laugh at it. I didn't ask anyone to look for me."

Renu is offline Verified insider - Amy Sue Pagnac case
    Soon to be 26 years. I have seen a pattern of police not quickly investigating those deemed as runaways. I don't want to assume this was standard practice. With all the attention on cold cases in up north, perhaps there is hope that someone will remember something, or funding can be obtained for further investigation for this woman.